Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

washiskin wrote: »
    Tesco Banbridge yesterday....

I'm moving up North!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tesco Banbridge yesterday....

A-the-cat-behind-the-curtain-soon-meme.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I wish we had their prices! :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Here's the Lidl in Tallaght. I wonder could it be part of there ad!

Ehk4dmKX0AEvczQ?format=jpg&name=large

Like most of you here, I'm a Christmas nut and I lurk all year round.

This year as an essential worker I've felt very blue and found it difficult to lift my mood.

This photo has just given me that Christmas tingle for the first time!! :D

I had Christmas cake yesterday.

Well technically it was christening cake but same thing and I ate it with Christmas in my mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Was in local Lidl yesterday was keeping an eye for anything Christmasy so I could take a picture and put it up here. Nothing, didn't see one single Christmas thing at all :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I love this :)

The weeks really are flying by.
    I was only thinking this morning putting the weekly countdown pic up that we're at 15 weeks, & looking back I remember having downloaded the weekly pics for hosting on Imgur months ago (when lockdown started in March) & I took a liking to the image for week 22 for some reason & it seemed like an age before I got to load it up here, yet 7 whole weeks have flown by since then... same amount of time and we're at 8 weeks & looking down the throat of adverts, Christmas FM & peak build up!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

I had Christmas cake yesterday.

Well technically it was christening cake but same thing and I ate it with Christmas in my mind.

Have you ever done the english thing and had cheese witn it?

I really noticed this morning they are a lot of leaves gone off some of the trees and they are nice a crisp!

Woodies Bray are meant to have trees in stock!

• Advertisement

I really noticed this morning they are a lot of leaves gone off some of the trees and they are nice a crisp!

Noticed going out to a site meeting that's it a little cooler today too.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭jellybear

Just back from Dunnes and Tesco...Tesco had the 2 for €10 biscuits and Dunnes had the tubs of Quality Street etc at the door. Took all my strength not to buy anything!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

DvB wrote: »
    Noticed going out to a site meeting that's it a little cooler today too.

Yeah noticed that too. Must get out of the habit of walking outside around the site in just a t-shirt :)

Dealz and M&S Navan earlier.....

Have you ever done the english thing and had cheese witn it?

Eeww no! What? I didn't know they did that?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I noticed that this morning when I was walking the dog. I noticed it cause he loves chasing leaves and trying to crunch them and eat them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Was in IKEA tonight, hopefully for the last time on this project, and they had their gingerbread houses and tins of spice biscuits. Didn't have them on Monday when I was last in there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Caranica wrote: »
    Was in IKEA tonight, hopefully for the last time on this project, and they had their gingerbread houses and tins of spice biscuits. Didn't have them on Monday when I was last in there.

Is it any less busy at night than during the day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Is it any less busy at night than during the day?

I was there around 7, no queue to get in. Not as busy inside as it was about the same time on Monday night. However the queue for the tills was pre-covid long and they've stopped policing how many people get in the lift so three couples with trollies piled in after me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I saw a little frost on some leaves this morning while walking my dog. It wasn't on many of them, although it was still nice to see some all the same.

I saw a little frost on some leaves this morning while walking my dog. It wasn't on many of them, although it was still nice to see some all the same.

Long gone up here anyway, had the boys out for a hurling training session at 10am and couldn't believe the heat. Well toasty. Think the weekend is to be decent with the temperatures to drop next week.

DvB wrote: »
    Long gone up here anyway, had the boys out for a hurling training session at 10am and couldn't believe the heat. Well toasty. Think the weekend is to be decent with the temperatures to drop next week.

Same was out in the park at 10am foolishly brought my jacket. Sweating.

Eeww no! What? I didn't know they did that?

It's a bit of an acquired taste but it works well...after the first bite.

I might be watching The Holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭jellybear

I might be watching The Holiday.

Mmmmm...Jude Law!:D

My brother in law got engaged yesterday and he's a Christmas nut so I was really hoping for a Christmas wedding but he's been over ruled. Thankfully it'll be in 2022...hopefully things will be normal then!

Those Littlewoods bits are GORGEOUS ...very tempted by some of them.

Hope everyone's having a lovely Saturday. There's definitely a chill in the air today!!

I don't usually like Jude Law and I watched The Holiday many times before but... All of a sudden.. he's doing it for me. Guess my tastes are changing as I'm getting older! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭Frankie19

Navan tesco had 2 tubs of roses e.t.c for 10euro and foxes and oreo biscuit tins e.t.c

Price positioning now so they can drop the prices in 28 days id say

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement