Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Don't get candy canes as a treat, I have candy canes in my garden at Christmas, and I love a stick of rock, so they should be right up my street.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

POSTS Split out into new thread for chats on Christmas songs that aren't Christmas songs :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=114630839#post114630839

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    POSTS Split out into new thread for chats on Christmas songs that aren't Christmas songs :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=114630839#post114630839

I love it when a plan comes together!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

We're almost at double figures!!

tumblr_myaijqzhkI1save0go1_400.gifv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Posy wrote: »

I like cats but this scares me:(:D:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

And here we go!!! Double figures y’all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

DvB wrote: »
    Stollen!
    I'm so on it.... Next stop aldi!

Toasted Stollen.... food of the gods....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We'll we're into the nineties and double digits.
    In two weeks we'll it will be October.
    37 days of Summer time left.(Every day is getting darker.)
    44 days until Halloween.
    75 days until December 1st.
    Every week we'll see more Christmas stuff arriving in the shops and once we'll get to the 1st of November it will be full steam ahead with Christmas ads, stuff in the shops, etc. This is 45 days time. 45 days ago was the Monday of the August Bank Holiday weekend. So, it isn't long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Disneyland Paris Shares Plans for Halloween and Christmas Seasons

Christmas will be arriving on 7 November
    Source: https://dapsmagic.com/2020/09/disneyland-paris-shares-plans-for-halloween-and-christmas-seasons/
    N015822-1024x1024-1.jpg?w=596&h=596&crop=1&ssl=1

N030686-1024x1024-1.jpg?w=596&h=596&crop=1&ssl=1

• Advertisement

Double!!
    Digit!!
    Day!!

Giggidy!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Feel like we need a government announcement to let everyone know!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I just heard on Today FM that the Brown Thomas Christmas shop is opening today!!!
    What a way to celebrate double digits!

TRS30 wrote: »
    Feel like we need a government announcement to let everyone know!!

Heard it on the radio earlier, only 99 days to "the unmentionable" to quote the presenter...

Heard it on the radio earlier, only 99 days to "the unmentionable" to quote the presenter...

Not quite what I had in mind :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Posy wrote: »

You taking pictures of me again :P

pigtail33 wrote: »
    I just heard on Today FM that the Brown Thomas Christmas shop is opening today!!!

I sort of had that prediction when they didn’t go ahead with the usual opening!

TRS30 wrote: »
    Not quite what I had in mind :D

Me neither, but at least it was recognised outside of our little bubble here.

Me neither, but at least it was recognised outside of our little bubble here.

True.........the only thing worse then been talking about, is not been talked about.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I was just looking at my calendar and I have quite a bit of time off coming up, which is really going to speed up the countdown for me.

I have 2 more weeks of work until I have a week off, then I have another full week followed by 5 * 4 day weeks. It's practically the end of November then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Going to miss that today. Always go in on the first day and buy a tree ornament but I’m away for a few days so it’ll probably be Sunday before I get there. Still, I’m looking forward to it.

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Going to miss that today. Always go in on the first day and buy a tree ornament but I’m away for a few days so it’ll probably be Sunday before I get there. Still, I’m looking forward to it.

Most likely have to head to town to get a flu jab (long story) so will probably pop in for a look. Might be the only time I'm in town before Christmas!

Our new office is a lot closer to Grafton street than the old one, far corner of Stephens green in fact, so must take a trip down some lunchtime for a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Whoever does make it in to Brown Thomas, don't forget to take some pictures!

I just typed Christmas into the Brown Thomas website and good a good enough selection!

https://www.brownthomas.com/search/?q=Christmas+&lang=default

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

I still remember in the late 90s BT opened their Christmas Shop in mid-September and I was amazed (in a good way!) coming from abroad where the Christmas merchandise used to arrive later in the year.
    At that time the BT Christmas Shop was in separate standalone location still in Grafton Str. , I think that later was taken by BT 2 (it is years since I have been to Dublin - so my recollection might not be perfect)

Got our first Halloween Brack.
    119617778_2743456875976916_404518728472821401_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=RGU-UXoJDsMAX9yD3gM&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=cdcb3b8e989c35947e4468281a982b6b&oe=5F8B2ADC

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Whoever does make it in to Brown Thomas, don't forget to take some pictures!

Here's a video lifted from Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFO3EtenjDs/?igshid=1qew6jnib69jv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Cork Lass wrote: »

I asked them on Twitter 2 weeks ago when the shop would be open and they said the end of the month. I had a feeling it would be today, but I thought due to the current situation.... my little tradition of being there on day one gone.... :confused:

• Advertisement

Been in touch with Christmas Island to see what the story is with their Santa experience this year. No word back and their website is not allowing any bookings. Had it booked and all this time last year :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement