Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Morning all. Loving the posts...
    I always have a money pig.....She is a present I got about 10 years ago. A funky china pig with big belly, a money box. Each year, I save my
    E2 into it. Any two euros I have in purse, or in husbands pockets...goes into pigs belly. I dont have to break her to open it, but I.d never
    break into it, no matter how broke I was. I opened her up first week in December, and I had E380 in her belly......
    Easons always have funky money boxes for around a tenner, and it is a great habbit to get into. My sister does the same, and she had
    E420 in hers this year.

X.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

January 5th. S has picked next years Christmas present. A build your own computer kit. Going by the last few years early picks and sticking with it, I guess I have some reading up to do as I know close to zilch about computer building.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

iguana wrote: »
    January 5th. S has picked next years Christmas present. A build your own computer kit. Going by the last few years early picks and sticking with it, I guess I have some reading up to do as I know close to zilch about computer building.

You are so lucky S picks and sticks, I've heard of nightmare scenarios where kids changed their minds weeks before or when it's too late, and the whole persuasion them back to the original plan doesn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Loughc wrote: »
    You are so lucky S picks and sticks, I've heard of nightmare scenarios where kids changed their minds weeks before or when it's too late, and the whole persuasion them back to the original plan doesn't work.

I don't know. He decided he was going to be a palaeontologist when he was three. So now I have this nightmare scenario of him eventually losing his passion for dinosaurs but feeling compelled to follow that very specific qualification because he picked so is sticking.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Wow. He sounds like such a great kid. The conversations you must have :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

Last year really flew in, especially the last four months. It's going to be sad taking down all of the decorations on Monday. Though last year I left the small Christmas tree in my bedroom up all year. I didn't put on the lights, but it was nice to have it there as if to remind myself that yes, Christmas would come again. Those lights would be switched on again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Got my last walk of the season in amongst the neighborhood Christmas lights.

It seemed the lights sparkled a little brighter. I went out a little later tonight and the roads were almost deserted and silent night started playing and amongst the lights it really felt like Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I was out and about for a walk this evening houses that were lit up seemed extra sparkly this evening, off to bed now I’ll catch up on posts tomorrow

Happy little Christmas everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Happy little Christmas everyone!

It’s hard to believe it’s over already. Time to take the antlers off my car

• Advertisement

Cork Lass wrote: »
    It’s hard to believe it’s over already. Time to take the antlers off my car

I know Sunday will suck dismantling all the decorations. But we can start to look forward to Christmas 18 and all the good times ahead :)

So how are everyone’s new years resolutions holding up?

I’m still going with mine so they’ve lasted longer than last years :D

Have all the ornaments off and tidily boxed in bubble wrap. Kinda thinking of leaving the lights on the trees until tomorrow. One last night and all. Still have the crib up but I think that can stay until tomorrow?

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Have all the ornaments off and tidily boxed in bubble wrap. Kinda thinking of leaving the lights on the trees until tomorrow. One last night and all. Still have the crib up but I think that can stay until tomorrow?

I’m leaving all my decorations up until tomorrow. Went for a two hour walk earlier so I’m not leaving the couch for the rest of the day haha.

I want to completely chill tomorrow so getting a start on the cleaning tonight. Completely forgot to make any dinner though. Now eating a tub of ice cream...

I started my decoration decent. Will keep the tree and windows decor up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Took down most of my decorations today including the tree. The outside lights are still up and my garland on the mantelpiece is still in place. My tree was so dry it shed everywhere. A fairly mammoth cleaning job ensued which will continue until tomorrow. Was supposed to go to a charity lunch to celebrate women’s little Christmas ( a true Cork tradition) but still can’t eat so decided it best to give that a miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,758 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We leave everything up and lighting today and begin taking down the stuff Tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The plan was to put away the decorations that aren't on the tree today. There was a mix up with our plans for tomorrow though and they were unexpectedly moved to today so we get to enjoy them for one more night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Mrs Spin has decreed the decorations will stay to next weekend, I'm all for that.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Advertisement

My family have decreed that I will putting all in the attic tonight. :(

Just seen this quote online,

“January is the Monday of the months”

That must make December the Friday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Our tree is coming down tomorrow :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Just seen this quote online,

“January is the Monday of the months”

That must make December the Friday?

December is the best Friday ever!

I always think that January is the worst month to try to lose weight or get fit because it's so cold and grey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,758 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Christmas 2017 is over!
    shutterstock_89145496-390x285.jpg

All done ! Found an unopened box of biscuits from Christmas. Time for tea :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Just turned my tree off for the last time this season. :(

Yep devastated the season has come to a close. Already planning ahead for Christmas 2018 and the decorations will be going back up late November so it’s not far away and once we get to September it will fly in.

The next two months are the hardest. Once the bank holidays start we start motoring.

Posy wrote: »
    Just turned my tree off for the last time this season. :(

My window lights are off but my tree is still going. Not going to bed just yet. It’s hanging in there for another little while.

• Advertisement

I am definitely putting ours up much earlier. It's too much work to be up for as little time as we had them up. Is the 25th of Nov then norm for putting them up?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement