Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Mystery egg that is amazing news. Congrats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Congrats mystery egg. Next Christmas will be very exciting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Egreat news Mystery Egg. Congratulations to you 💐🍼

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Congratulations, Mystery Egg!! :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Also, I'm pregnant. So next Christmas we'll have a mini Mystery Egg to enjoy Christmas with. :pac:

Congratulations!!!! Fantastic news!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Congratulations Mystery Egg!!

Yesterday was pretty bleak alright, very cold and damp. On the upside, I went to my grans for the first visit of the year and we had a nice dinner together, good comfort food. Followed by a chocolate eclair and a cup of tea (bold) and later followed by a few Milk Tray (very bold) from a box the kids next door gave her for Christmas, a nice evening. It was no turkey and ham though :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Anyone else have the "oh crap it's 2018 what am I gonna do" feeling? :-P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Colibri wrote: »

I have a oh crap it’s 2018 when did I get so old feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Loughc wrote: »
    Colibri wrote: »

You just added another layer to my dread hahahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Loughc wrote:

I have that one, too! 😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Top that feeling off with the what on earth I am doing with my life feeling.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

If it makes anyone feel better I just accidentally ate hand sanitizer.

My advice for you today is to not do that.

Thanks to everyone for all the good wishes btw, I am delighted. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

If it makes anyone feel better I just accidentally ate hand sanitizer.

My advice for you today is to not do that.

Thanks to everyone for all the good wishes btw, I am delighted. :)

Is this some sort of pregnant craving? :D Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Congratulations Mystery Egg , exciting times ahead :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

As per earlier posts in this forum kids take christmas onto a whole new level, so welcome to what will be a whole new (better) christmas!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So does anyone here still have their decorations up?

I’ve got a Merry Christmas welcome mat still at the front door. I noticed it a few days ago but I’m refusing to take it in :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I wish I had some lights up. I have a Christmas snow globe still out though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I’ve got a Merry Christmas welcome mat still at the front door. I noticed it a few days ago but I’m refusing to take it in :D

We have a Feliz Navidad sign in the kitchen, and the top of the tree never made it back into the attic so technically the the black bag in the sitting room is a Christmas decoration. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’m not sorry to say but decorations are still up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,760 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Autosport wrote: »
    I’m not sorry to say but decorations are still up :D

Same here just took down the outside stuff and cards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Loughc wrote:

Yes, been in the UK for a few days, had a lovely welcome home when I drove round the corner to see the tree lit along with the inflatibles up.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

A heart shaped berry wreath over the fireplace - which I'm now calling a WINTER decoration to get a bit more time from it. Other items which are now winter decorations include a beautiful owl snowglobe, a winter tree fridge magnet and my sons winter art from playschool.

My biggest issue with taking down the decorations is going into the attic to get down the boxes. I basically just threw all of them into the attic in December. We also have a very small attic(You have to crawl in it) and no stira(so you have to get on a ladder and pull yourself into the attic!

One thing I miss about the lead up to Christmas is doing all those little jobs around the house.

One thing I miss about the lead up to Christmas is doing all those little jobs around the house.

It must be Christmas in my house all year round as there is always small jobs to do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It must be Christmas in my house all year round as there is always small jobs to do!

Oh God yeah, sometimes I feel like I spend my whole life doing things around the house.

I had a surprise home made mince pie last night - and it was possibly the nicest mince pie I've had all Christmas! maybe it's just cos it was unexpected but it was delicious and made me feel like Christmas is not 100% over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Sounds lovely miamee - I found a jar of homemade mincemeat at the back of the press. I'm thinking that I'll save it for one of the Rudolph Days and make mince pies in the middle of July or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

My decorations all still up.  As Freshpopcorn said, biggest task is going up to the attic to pull all the boxes down again.  It's nowhere as exciting as pulling them down to put up the decorations.  I'm thinking the attic will have to get a visit this evening though....get the decs down this evening and tomorrow and then spend Saturday hoovering and getting back to normal :(

• Advertisement

While we're talking decorations...between myself and my OH we have too many decs for the size of our place (two households decorations in one, more or less) so we've decided that we should donate some of them next year. Has anyone done this before? Is this something that the likes of St. Vincent de Paul or other charities/charity shops would take?
    Some of them are a bit old and worn and probably just fit for the bin but some of them are in good shape just not necessarily to my taste or his so they stayed in their box the past two Christmases :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement