Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Here's a photo - bit hard to see as the clouds are quite low today but this of the Cooley Mountains and Carlingford. Also, I'm not the best photographer ever!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

What a fab view!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Currently snowing in Malahide!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    Currently snowing in Malahide!!!

Snowing on and off here too,the one parts are not long enough to get anything going but it sure is pretty when it does fall!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Loughc wrote:
    Snowing on and off here too,the one parts are not long enough to get anything going but it sure is pretty when it does fall!

I was just staring out the window.
    Couldn't believe it was snowing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I can officially confirm that the Guinness gate looks the opposite of magical when it’s snowing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Only catching up on things here now, been getting back to normality, a few hospital appointments with my mam and getting lots of walking done lost a few pounds on the scales too, planning my meals which is great so there is less waste
    Been planning my Pals hens party too Wedding in July
    Most of my decorations packed away accept a few plaques with Christmas slogans on them lurking around the place and my artificial Christmas hanging basket I need to get up to the attic and get some bubble wrap down
    One of my mams neighbors still has their garden tree lite up
    Loads of little jobs to be done around my house serious decluttering needed
    Congrats Mystery Egg amazing news
    Iguana great bargain for you I wasn’t online so missed it
    I stocked up on extra milk this evening for my house and my mams just Incase we wake up to a blanket of snow in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Blanket of snow here in the NE. Doubt there will be any more but it's lovely to look at:)

Post a picture of snow if you can Postgrad10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Getting toddlemonster to bed and my husband just burst in like an excited child "it's P*SSING snow out!!" Now instead of going to sleep said toddler is lying in bed repeating that classy little phrase.

• Advertisement

How amazing would this have been if the snow was falling down while we all had our Christmas lights up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

SarahLil wrote: »
    Iguana great bargain for you I wasn’t online so missed it

If you are anywhere near a Heatons they have 70% off some Christmas stock now (including gift sets and boxes of sweets). It's not all 70% off the existing sale price, some of it is just 70% off the original price and it's hard to tell which is which. But if you buy anything assuming that it's 70% off the original price, that's still a good bargain. And if it turns out to be 70% off the sale price that's just an extra bonus.

I bought quite a bit there today, including gifts and a clapper board for 75c so S can feel super professional when he makes his toy videos.:pac:

SarahLil wrote: »
    Post a picture of snow if you can Postgrad10

On a very old smartphone with poor battery. Will try tomorrow. Snow got heavier and now there's a power outage. Candles everywhere making it very Christmassy :)

A new coffee shop has opened near work and I've been trying to avoid going in there but this snow has convinced me that tomorrow is the day for hot chocolate and a treat.

I got a hot chocolate and a treat Monday night after a 11 hour day in work. Totally worth it.

Loughc wrote: »
    I got a hot chocolate and a treat Monday night after a 11 hour day in work. Totally worth it.

11 hour day! Awful. You definitely needed a treat.

Snow coming down heavy in Dublin 8

kitten_k wrote: »
    Snow coming down heavy in Dublin 8

Excellent. I work in Dublin 8. Snow angels and snowball fights tomorrow so.

Knowing our luck it be gone before we wake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Snowing heavy in Kilkenny too, I don’t mind the snow it’s the ice and driving conditions:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

I've been off the hot chocolate since just before Christmas but the lad beside me has three or four a day, I'm not kidding. We have a machine in work, coffee, hot chocolate etc and he samshes them. He eats fast food every lunch and is a whippet. I'm secretly hoping as 40 approaches him his metabolism slows.

Although I'm not as old as the guy beside me my metabolism shut down at about 25, the kilos that would disappear with no diet change during a good preseason just won't budge. I diet harshly (ketos great dor it) and get ill, plus traveling allot screws up my food choices.

Anyway, I am over the Jan blues today (I have decided today) and all the talk of snow has me gleefully thinking of Christmas 2018. It's going to be great. Last year we had a wedding, a move of home, two mini moons which were all great but stretched us $ wise. This year we've hopefully little stress. I'd still love to do Christmas abroad, the alps who be perfect* I'll keep dreaming.

*I have a euromillions ticket for the draw on the 23 Jan. Otherwise it will be Dublin, Wexford or Limerick and it will still be great.

It wasn't really a winter wonderland this morning but it was lovely hearing the crunch of the snow as I walked to the bus this morning. Such a treat.

Also, is there a more satisfying noise than the sound of big lumps of snow falling from the roof of a car onto the road. It's a lovely slapping sound!

My current view

438931.jpeg

Sorry don't know why its coming up sideways when I embed it

I had a wonderful view of snow last night, the silence last night was gorgeous there wasn’t a car on the road around 11 pm it was really really quiet
    The tree out the back garden the branches were thick with snow very little left when I got up this morning I was so disappointed

It wasn't really a winter wonderland this morning but it was lovely hearing the crunch of the snow as I walked to the bus this morning. Such a treat!

Completely agree. I love the sound of snow crunching under my feet when I’m out walking in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

We only just took down our tree on Sunday night. My week off for cleaning/decluttering turned into a week looking after a sick three year old with a tummy bug, that combined with preggo exhaustion and generally feeling like sh1te meant that nothing was done. On the plus side I did order my lifelong dream of a pre-lit tree in the Heatons sale, reduced down from €96 to €22!

So I just got an email that the Christmas trees are out of stock and now it appears I've spent €8 on postage for a few baubles.

4i2ufUR.jpg

Email them back asking for a discounted delivery charge. €8 delivery is robbery anyway.

Boo! Insist on free delivery.

Sorry I didn't post any pics. Power has just been restored and the blanket of snow is now a sloppy watery mess. It was lovely when it was frozen , it made a nice crunchy noise when I walked on it. Apparently there's more to come this evening. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Not much snow left here either :( My little girl was so excited to see snow this morning, she's only three so has never been in the snow. Her little face - she didn't realise how cold or wet it would be

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement