Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Yeah it's cool to look at but a different story when you are out in it. The North is due to get more tonight. Might blow our direction too! Did schools close up your way?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

Loughc wrote: »
    Email them back asking for a discounted delivery charge. €8 delivery is robbery anyway.

I told them to cancel the whole order so we'll see!

I had to drive into work at a snail's pace this morning and still skidded a couple of times :( The estate around the creche was like an ice rink. Allegedly Friday morning could be quite snowy?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Lovely festive rain today! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I love the sound of the wind howling through the trees :)

It sounds wild out!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

This is how I feel

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    This is how I feel

Yep me too!!

Also Posy I genuinely think my house will get blown away tonight :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,762 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Took all the boxes out of the attic and put away all the ceiling decorations, outside lights, window lights. Also took down the tree and decorations in the hall!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Thought we had all the decs down until I was in the downstairs loo and there is a large christmas stocking hanging in the middle of the mirror that no one has noticed in two weeks. Sad to see it go now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Get to use my Christmas present on Tuesday.

Jim Jefferies tickets.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

kitten_k wrote: »
    This is how I feel

Me too, think I’m having a blue Thursday :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Its thursday folks, the weekend is in sight so hang in there...
    I have to admit I feel far more happy this week than I did last. Its amazing how much difference a week can make. Though I must admit I still go back & have a sneaky look at some of the old christmas threads to cheer myself up/wallow in nostalgia :-)

We had some snow yesterday morning but yesterday it was just wind & rain, last night was pretty blustery in fact, was convinced the kids trampoline would be gone this morning when I pulled back the curtains! Hope that eases off, dont mind the cold but the rain is a pain.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I feel the same KittenK
    I slept through the wind last night so I can’t comment
    Really tired the past few days didn’t do much last weekend accept go for an Indian with no alcohol
    looking forward to doing pretty much the same this weekend
    Just back from the weekly shop Dunnes have Easter decorations in, some are so cute they’ve an egg tree I think I’ll pick it up but it has a center piece on my kitchen table
    My mam said your mad when I told her
    I’ve a stew on for dinner with a fresh loaf heading to an hospital appointment with my mam shortly I’ll probably be fit for nothing again we get home so nice to have a handy dinner for when we get in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭flc37ie6ojwkh8

I gained something in the order of 15 pounds these Christmas. I don't understand. Well, I think I have no other choice than joining the gym!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I love that the shops are promoting pancake ingredients already. Roll on Pancake Tuesday.

Miserable wet day.. A day for staying in doors ran a few errands earlier
    just scoffed an Indian take away I’m already thinking of what I can eat next
    Feeling meh today gona light my candles and watch a comedy I need something easy to watch

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SarahLil wrote: »
    Miserable wet day.. A day for staying in doors ran a few errands earlier
    just scoffed an Indian take away I’m already thinking of what I can eat next
    Feeling meh today gona light my candles and watch a comedy I need something easy to watch

We are having the same kind of day. Except swap Indian with large pizza deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

^^ same here only we are trying to decide between indian and pizza :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

We're trapped indoors as S has chickenpox. :(

Aw ! That's terrible. Chicken pox are so painful.

I made a pizza from scratch today. Busy with a work project this weekend so staying indoors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

iguana wrote: »
    We're trapped indoors as S has chickenpox. :(

I hope it’s not too bad a dose. When my daughters had it one got a very mild dose and the other one got the worst I’ve ever see on any child. Calamine lotion is your best friend at times like this. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,762 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This time four weeks ago everybody was waking up with that Christmas Eve Buzz!

I wish I was back there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

This time four weeks ago everybody was waking up with that Christmas Eve Buzz!

That made me sad, seems like months ago, so I've decided to watch Miracle on 34th Street, had it recorded but never got around to watching it!

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I wish I was back there :)

Given what a miserable weekend it’s been weather wise I really wish I was back by the glow of the Christmas lights.

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    That made me sad, seems like months ago, so I've decided to watch Miracle on 34th Street, had it recorded but never got around to watching it!

I still have the fairytale of New York documentary recorded and saved on the box but not watched. Consider it an in case of emergency press play.

Been close a few times already this month. January has been so long. I really can’t wait for it to be February already. I’m geared up for spring and brighter evenings now that Christmas has passed.

Really looking forward to Rudolph day, Pancake Tuesday and waffle day.

Having the most relaxing weekend in a long time I was going to say laziest but it hasn’t been exactly lazy got some walking done the house is clean and tidy, fridge is full, roast going in the oven shortly, jelly ice cream and flake for dessert

I’m trying to be more aware of what I do with my time just enjoying the little things for January so far...I’ve cut back on buying stuff for myself my wardrobes are full and I’ve only one body to wear all the bits, I’ve cut out Facebook, I’m planning meals so there’s less waste, I’m taking time off cooking and ordering in, I’ve bagged some stuff for Charity shop too
    I’m not going on a big rant here but just taking a step back and cutting out things I don’t need and making time for other things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Well done SarahLil, it's great to start new routines and such manageable ones too :) I've had a pretty crap weekend. Had an awful migraine all day yesterday so spent the day in bed and my allergies have flared up today so I'm sporting a top lip that botox lovers would be jealous of!!! Watching Take Me Out at the minute and have cooked a lovely smoked ham for dinner so not all bad! Will have the remainder of my birthday cake, chocolate fudge, for dessert :D

I'm decluttering the bedrooms this week. We just have too much. It has to go.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    I still have the fairytale of New York documentary recorded and saved on the box but not watched. Consider it an in case of emergency press play.
    I won't lie to you- it's not great. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement