Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Happy belated birthday jellybear what better way to finish the birthday and weekend with Chocolate fudge
    I know postgrad you just have to be ruthless I’ve a good bit still to go
    I’m also trying to wear all those nice things I have in my wardrobe that I never wear because I’m keeping them up
    We have my mam over for dinner, Dinner was delicious on the sofa now for the Spurs match we’ve converted her to a Spurs fan too god love her
    Abit of dancing with the stars this evening maybe a movie too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Enjoy your evening. Sounds lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Keep finger crossed for me tomorrow (Monday) please. I have consultant appointment re revision of my failed knee surgery. Hoping for a positive outcome.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Keep finger crossed for me tomorrow (Monday) please. I have consultant appointment re revision of my failed knee surgery. Hoping for a positive outcome.

Fingers and toes crossed for you that all will go ok! x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Good Luck, Cork Lass!

We had a lovely weekend! Went out for a pub lunch with Mr. CL and the kids on Saturday. Was very bold and had chocolate fudge cake for dessert! Went to the Panto yesterday in Drogheda - was good fun. I'd never been before - was a bit of craic for the kids. Made a roast chicken dinner & had some brussels sprouts with them - they were lovely :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Aw that really sucks! Horrible to go through it all only for it to fail. Fingers crossed it goes well for you today.

Thinking of you today Corklass. Hope everything goes well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So today I learnt this is a thing and I’m glad I did learn it.

fw0hah.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Got my delivery from Heatons only to find that one ornament was shoved through the front of the box a delicate Christmas village type ornament was in, damaging it. I'm really annoyed as the Christmas village ornament was about 90% of my motivation to make the order. I'm sure I'll be able to fix it as I have toy crafting tools and it shouldn't be too different to working with little figures. But I paid quite a lot for delivery in order to have the item damaged by really careless packing so I'm pretty annoyed.

iguana wrote: »
    Got my delivery from Heatons only to find that one ornament was shoved through the front of the box a delicate Christmas village type ornament was in, damaging it. I'm really annoyed as the Christmas village ornament was about 90% of my motivation to make the order. I'm sure I'll be able to fix it as I have toy crafting tools and it shouldn't be too different to working with little figures. But I paid quite a lot for delivery in order to have the item damaged by really careless packing so I'm pretty annoyed.

Iguana, I'd definitely would send a message to Heatons if I were you. Hopefully there's something they can do for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Thanks everyone. Consult went well and date agreed for total revision. Happy Valentine’s Day for me 😀. With luck I’ll be back on my feet soon after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Thanks everyone. Consult went well and date agreed for total revision. Happy Valentine’s Day for me 😀. With luck I’ll be back on my feet soon after.

Glad it went well for you , hope it all goes well on Valentine's Day too !

After ordering two pairs of Christmas themed slipper socks for next Christmas from amazon. :)

Ah lads these dark mornings are doing nothing for me since Christmas has ended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,764 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Loughc wrote: »
    Ah lads these dark mornings are doing nothing for me since Christmas has ended.

At least the days are getting a little longer.
    Part of me likes this and the other part doesn't!

Slept terribly last night and the pitch dark getting up this morning. Not a happy trooper today.

29c6g5s.jpg

Just cam here to post that!:D

Anyone else feel like this Jan has been super fast? I can't believe next week is Feb already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Was in Lidl last night and picked up a tub of mincepie icecream and a tub of gingerbread icecream half price. So excited to try them!

• Advertisement

Was in Lidl last night and picked up a tub of mincepie icecream and a tub of gingerbread icecream half price. So excited to try them!

You need to report back here once you've tasted them! I love me some ice cream!

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Anyone else feel like this Jan has been super fast? I can't believe next week is Feb already!

No! :(

I honestly feel like there was an extra week snuck in there somewhere.

Maybe as I was so busy in work at the start of the month and working weekends and long evenings that it's felt longer that usual.

Although I did notice there was a hell of a difference in the mornings this morning when there wasn't so much cloud cover you could tell how much brighter it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

After a trip to Sligo yesterday with work & being lashed on by the rain there & back it was a nice surprise to get back home in time to go for a run in the daylight as pretty much all my running has been at night for the last few months... as it wasn't that cold in Dublin it definitely had a spring feel to it. What with getting paid today for the first time since pre christmas theres definitely a feel of the dreaded January being almost done... it went quicker than expected, especially after the first wek back feeling like a month in itself it dragged that much.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    especially after the first wek back feeling like a month in itself it dragged that much.

I have to say work isn't dragging for me but I still feel like today should be the 29th of something. Maybe because last month was a short month in work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Having an "out of date" M&S mince pie after my lunch today, and I don't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I have to say work isn't dragging for me but I still feel like today should be the 29th of something. Maybe because last month was a short month in work.

Being busy is the reason the month has flown for me, work is hectic with a lot of time out of the office for meetings & suchlike. Then being busy on the home front means very little time to sit back & take stock.
    I know what you mean about the '29th' feeling though.. I just twigged there that theres actually still a week of Jan left, its just the way our payroll falls that we got paid so early. Think thats why I felt Jan had flown. By Monday I'll probbaly feel the opposite :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Just took down the tree!
    Everything is down now apart from a penguin which I can't find a box for!

11 Months to go to the big day folks! First post Christmas month almost done and dusted. Roll on spring!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

11 Months to go to the big day folks! First post Christmas month almost done and dusted. Roll on spring!

mad when you put it like that. cant wait!

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement