Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

That's so cute! I haven't been on that site before and some of the dresses are lovely. Have you ordered from them before? How is the quality? Does the delivery cost sort of undo the savings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

No, I've never ordered from them - I didn't realise that they did delivery to Ireland. I saw one of the posters on the Parenting forum recommend them for the kids clothes so I thought I'd give them a go cos some of the stuff is cheap as chips! I will report back when it arrives!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,764 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

b09b2fb953d1e9beaca9b26514582daf.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

We had a staff Christmas event in a hotel on one of the Sunday's last December, we booked the hotel in May of last year. The event was such good fun we decided to do it again for this year, so we rang the hotel and they told us the only Sunday they had left was the first Sunday in December, take it or leave it.
    Its mad to think you have to book a place in January, maybe there are more Elves out there than I think! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lads how is it still January? Longest month ever!

• Advertisement

I thought it was going really quickly last week, but this week I'm like "how is it still January"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I thought it was going really quickly last week, but this week I'm like "how is it still January"

Ditto. Me getting paid last week completely messed up the month in my head. It really does feel like its dragging its heels at this stage.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

27544571_238837330041316_567724541778560432_n.jpg?oh=d3f114d06547f8142c23dcfe43250f6a&oe=5ADB4358

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

It's snowing here in Sligo on the last day of Winter. :D

Whispered wrote: »
    That's so cute! I haven't been on that site before and some of the dresses are lovely. Have you ordered from them before? How is the quality? Does the delivery cost sort of undo the savings?

Got my dress yesterday - it's lovely! Fit is good but the material is very light for a winter dress. I'll probably need to wear a top under it/cardigan over it and probably leggings instead of tights but for £7, you can't complain. :D The kids clothes seem to be much better quality.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Finally, happy February everyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,764 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

155335-Happy-February.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

10xr33s.jpg

This literally sums up how I feel about January. We survived it!

Now it's February things are on the up!

The mornings are more noticeably brighter.
    The 6 nations start this weekend.
    So does Ireland's Got Talent.
    We are over one twelfth of the way through the year already.
    This is the last month without a Bank Holiday until July!

And tomorrow is Friday! :)

Good Vibes February anyone? haha.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Loughc wrote: »
    This is the last month without a Bank Holiday until July!

And tomorrow is Friday! :)

Good Vibes February anyone? haha.
    February is only 28 days long AND it has Pancake Tuesday AND St. Valentines Day :)

miamee wrote: »
    February is only 28 days long AND it has Pancake Tuesday AND St. Valentines Day :)

How did I forget about Pancake Tuesday!! Yes!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Happy February! We’re going to see Foil, Arms and Hog this weekend and when we booked it ages ago I remember choosing that particular date because it would be something to look forward to after January.

Happy February! We’re going to see Foil, Arms and Hog this weekend and when we booked it ages ago I remember choosing that particular date because it would be something to look forward to after January.

So jealous, I love those guys, they've very funny. I've seen them live before and I love their youtube videos!

Happy Groundhog Day!! :D

• Advertisement

Ah that totally makes sense now when someone asked me if I was staying at home to watch Groundhog Day cos I said I was working from home today. At the time, I had no idea what they were talking about lol

Posy wrote: »
    Ah that totally makes sense now when someone asked me if I was staying at home to watch Groundhog Day cos I said I was working from home today. At the time, I had no idea what they were talking about lol

I haven't seen that film in years, i think a re-watch is on the cards!

Happy Friday everyone! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »
    Happy Friday everyone! :)

Happy Friday! We made it through the first week of February. Kind of. :D

Happy Friday! We made it through the first week of February. Kind of. :D

Totally counts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Only 4 weekends in Feb so it 100% counts!!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 5 luvxmas

Hey everyone - I’ve been following the forum and this thread in particular for the past 4-5 Years. I’ve never posted before but just wanted to say how much I love the Christmas atmosphere you all create.

Throughout all the constant Christmas, the forum has inspired me to start and slowly grow my own little Christmassy blog over the last year or so and I’d like to thank you all for keeping it Christmas all year long - it’s amazing here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Welcome aboard the best thread in the best forum! It really is great here :)

Welcome aboard luvxmas. What’s the link to your blog? I’d love to follow it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Polar Express on Sky Movies at the moment :D.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement