Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    Happy Groundhog Day!! :D

I properly LOL at this. And I just threw on Groundhog Day in TV 30 mins ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Love Bill Murray. Saw St Vincent recently and laughed and cried at the same time. Have a great weekend everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 luvxmas

Hey Loughc, thanks, its lovechristmas.ie - im not allowed share a link yet ☹️ There’s not much there yet but am doing a bit on social media too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,764 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was talking to somebody Yesterday and said they bought shorts for the Summer and they had loads of them in stock and people were buying them. I haven't being anywhere(apart from supermarkets) since Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Happy National Sickie Day! If only I’d known before now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Ha, that's mad - I actually contemplated pulling a sickie this morning - up for most of the night with the kids, I'm so blinking tired today :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I saw it being shared yesterday but I wouldn't have the guts to ever do it.

Loughc wrote: »
    I saw it being shared yesterday but I wouldn't have the guts to ever do it.

I wouldn’t be able to handle the guilt!

I wouldn’t be able to handle the guilt!

Same I would have been sick with the guilt.... wait a second... :eek:

Today is also World Nutella Day...

You don't have to tell me that twice! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Today is also World Nutella Day...

You don't have to tell me that twice! :D

Ah man, delish! :D

Confession: I don’t like Nutella.

Confession: I don’t like Nutella.

/ignore :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

It's meant to snow tonight!

Christmas episode of Silent Witness on BCC One now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I can take or leave Nutella but does anyone remember Snickers spread? That was the best thing ever to put on toast!

It's meant to snow tonight!

My weather app is saying it’s snowing outside where I am. Currently looking out the window and nothing :(

I've a small blanket of snow and it's lodging outside!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

My weather app is saying it’s snowing outside where I am. Currently looking out the window and nothing :(

It’s snowing here in Kilkenny

Nice snowflakes here and sticking. I’m predicting a good 8 feet. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Snowing in Dublin 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

If you answer yes to more than two of the below you need to seek help:

1. I don't like nutella
    2. I do like roses
    3. I do like cinnamon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

Stayed up all night unintentionally. Why do I do this? :(

What were you up to? Do you have to go to work? If so take it handy if you're driving or try and take public transport instead if possible

Jude13 wrote: »
    What were you up to? Do you have to go to work? If so take it handy if you're driving or try and take public transport instead if possible

Watching car videos on YouTube mostly. Ah no, I'm off on sick leave the last while. I just seem to stay up until 1am and I look back at the clock what seems like a few minutes later and it's 5:30 am. :D I'm in the process of looking for a job. Thanks for the advice anyway. :)

Long run and a hot shower before bed, all electronics out reach and on night mode/silent. Good luck with the job search, I am in the same boat but still with my current firm. Get well soon.

Jude13 wrote: »
    Long run and a hot shower before bed, all electronics out reach and on night mode/silent. Good luck with the job search, I am in the same boat but still with my current firm. Get well soon.

Thanks very much. :) best of luck to you also in the job hunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

"Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas" :) Nice even carpet of snow in Ashbourne this morning.

My husband stays up later than I do so before I went to bed I asked him to take photos of the snow in case it was really deep and melted by the time I got up. It was pretty much the same though. So exciting.

• Advertisement

So jealous not a scrap where I am again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement