Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

Loughc wrote: »
    So jealous not a scrap where I am again.

There's a light coating of snow here in sligo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Not as much as I was expecting in Louth this am :rolleyes: Some of the roads I was driving on were fairly hairy though, car sliding all over the shop. :( Be careful out there, Elves!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Very cold in the north east all right but no snow. I don't like Nutella or cinnamon either.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Friday three weeks we will be in the 200's in the countdown! That's quite comforting. With January out of the way the year does take off a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,764 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know some people here are into waffle day. Aldi have a waffle stick maker in store today €16.99.

https://www.aldi.ie/ambiano-waffle-stick-maker/p/082089193340401

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Okay, now Im starving. Already had scrambled eggs but now want waffles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It’s so bright! I had to check the time because I was convinced I’d left work an hour early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,764 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just let people know Don't tell the Bride is back on Monday the 12th and I think one of the grooms goes with a Christmas theme in August! Not sure what week it happens tough.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Another snow day in parts of Ireland today. Certainly feels festively cold out there today! ⛄️

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm looking forward to making my pancake batter tomorrow, ready for the big event on Tuesday! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Posy wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to making my pancake batter tomorrow, ready for the big event on Tuesday! :D

I’ll be doing the same. Having pancakes for breakfast with my daughter before heading to the Whitfield Clinic. Revision surgery is on weds.

Good luck for Wednesday cork lass

Had a lovely day staring out at the snow today. So nice when you don't have anywhere to go.

Good luck cork lass!!

I think I will hold off the making of pancakes until the weekend. My OH has a recipe for gluten free banana pancakes which is amazing. We're going out to our favourite restaurant for an evening brunch on Friday too so really looking forward to loads of steak and seafood.

We have never really doen valentines day. No cards etc. What we did for the past few years (bar last year as I was away) was to order a burger king delivered. Seems strange but we were both training hard/dieting in the past and it felt very bold to do that. Now I have them almost every second week.

I'm going to utter a phrase I don't like to ever say but here goes - Bah Humbug to the snow :(:(:( Skidded on ice this morning and crashed my new car into a ditch :mad::mad::mad:

Everyone is ok though :)

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I'm going to utter a phrase I don't like to ever say but here goes - Bah Humbug to the snow :(:(:( Skidded on ice this morning and crashed my new car into a ditch :mad::mad::mad:

Everyone is ok though :)

Oh god! I hope you're ok CheerLouth and I hope you're not banged up at all!

Be safe everyone, it's very icy and frosty in places this morning.

Thanks Loughc - all are ok, just shaken! Trying to get the car towed back to the garage is a headache & figuring out how to manage with no car for the next while as I need it for work!

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Thanks Loughc - all are ok, just shaken! Trying to get the car towed back to the garage is a headache & figuring out how to manage with no car for the next while as I need it for work!

Keep an eye on yourself, sometimes car accident injuries don't appear until the next day!

Having no car is a pain in the you know what but at least you're ok! That's the most important thing.

Happy 20th Birthday Boards! :)

Makes even more sense for Rudolph Day to be cake day!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Poor you, CheerLouth! :( So awful. Really glad you are all okay.

I hate snow too - beautiful to look at but awful to be out in.
    My housing estate is like an ice rink and I am even more paranoid than usual as I am pregnant and desperately don't want to fall.
    Jude13 wrote: »
    We're going out to our favourite restaurant for an evening brunch on Friday too so really looking forward to loads of steak and seafood.

In my day this was called going out for dinner!
    :pac:

Its like the brunches here on Friday. Order as much as you want from the menu, as many times as you want, free flowing wine and champagne but instead of being from 12-4pm its 7pm-11pm.

Oh and congrats on the pregnancy

• Advertisement

My housing estate is like an ice rink and I am even more paranoid than usual as I am pregnant and desperately don't want to fall.

In my day this was called going out for dinner!
    :pac:

For some reason I always thought Mystery Egg was a Mr.Egg, well I guess that's part of your Mystery! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    For some reason I always thought Mystery Egg was a Mr.Egg, well I guess that's part of your Mystery! :pac:

Glad its not just me that struggles as to who's a Mr & who's a Mrs/Miss on here...:D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Hope you're ok Cheerlouth, such a crappy way to start the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

That was awful Cheerlouth. Hope you get sorted out soon.

Just spotted that Dont Tell The Bride is back tonight, and its the Christmas Wedding in August episode.....
    Saw the ad for it....and the Bride did.nt look happy when she saw the bridesmaids dresses......
    Hope it had a happy ending.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Pancake batter made for tomorrow :-)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Mine too. :D

Mine too. It's technically Tuesday :)

God you guys are on the ball. I have dog training after work and my OH is away so may save it till the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Happy Pancake day everyone :)

• Advertisement

I'd take a finders crispy pancake at this stage. Not sure I can hold out till the weekend

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement