Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Happy Pancake Tuesday! It’s such a wonderful day where the whole country unites to celebrate St Pancake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Happy pancake day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Happy Pancake Day everyone! :pac::pac: And thanks to all for their goods wishes yesterday, we are all fine thankfully! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,764 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Happy Pancake Tuesday!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Just spotted that Dont Tell The Bride is back tonight, and its the Christmas Wedding in August episode.....
    Saw the ad for it....and the Bride did.nt look happy when she saw the bridesmaids dresses......
    Hope it had a happy ending.....
    I saw that and another clip for it - the second one was her arriving to her "transport" - a reindeer pulled sleigh. To be fair to her, it was not a very robust looking sleigh and she was not best pleased, lol.

• Advertisement

Just had lovely pancakes in work - good spread laid on - pancakes, fruit, choc sauce, lemon curd, bacon, maple syrup, lemon, sugar and salmon. Was hard to pick so went with bacon and maple syrup.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

We will not be home tonight so we had pancake Monday last night. God they were good. We made crepes. For the savoury filling I made a creamy spinach, garlic and mushroom thing and for the sweet we had all the usual contenders - butter, sugar, lemon, honey, syrup and nutella. Delish! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Happy Pancake Tuesday! :):)

CheerLough, you should have extra pancakes to make up for your accident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Happy Pancake Tuesday! It’s such a wonderful day where the whole country unites to celebrate St Pancake.

I’m sitting in a cafe having lunch on my own and your post made me burst out laughing. Slightly mortified :D

Posy wrote: »
    CheerLough, you should have extra pancakes to make up for your accident.

Noted! :D:D I have the batter made at home & an unopened 1kg jar of Nutella at the ready :pac::pac::D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Happy pancake day!

I couldn't get Nutella so I bought panda chocolate spread with white vanilla swirls. It's awful! Just tastes like sugar and will not be going near my pancakes! I think I'll just throw a pile of dark choc chips at mine and leave the sugar goo to the toddler. His daddy is doing bedtime tonight so sugar hyped boy is not my problem :o

Glad to hear you're allright CL, any word on how long your car will be gone?

Possibly two weeks - it really depends on how quickly the assessor will come out to the garage from the insurance company

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Possibly two weeks - it really depends on how quickly the assessor will come out to the garage from the insurance company

They'd probably be busy over the next few days!

Probably! I'd imagine I wasn't the only one yesterday morning! It was really bad our way! Next time, I'll go with my gut & stay at home!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I know people think this day is pointless and outdated and question should we even celebrate it at all....

But happy Ash Wednesday ya’ll.

Loughc wrote: »
    I know people think this day is pointless and outdated and question should we even celebrate it at all....

But happy Ash Wednesday ya’ll.

:D

Completely forgot about that!

Happy Valentine day everyone. I hope everyone gets something nice, even a little choccie.

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Happy Valentine day everyone. I hope everyone gets something nice, even a little choccie.
    my-reservation-for-valentines-day-is-ready-table-for-one-1021846.png

We don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day but my parents always send me some chocolate and I’m a big fan of that!

Is today the day of your op, Cork Lass? Best of luck if so.

We don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day but my parents always send me some chocolate and I’m a big fan of that!

Is today the day of your op, Cork Lass? Best of luck if so.

Yes it is, so I think I’m getting the best pressie of all, hopefully I’ll be walking properly again. We’ll celebrate next week when I’m home. Thanks for the good wishes.

• Advertisement

my-reservation-for-valentines-day-is-ready-table-for-one-1021846.png

I’m so sad for you now 😭😭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Guys, I have a confession to make....
    This year was our first year (Christmas 2017) in our new house so we got a new tree. My boyfriend stupidly threw out the boxes after initially putting the tree up in December.
    So when I went to take the tree down at the start of January I had nothing to pack it in. I meant to ask around the shops for a spare box, but then I went back to work, and then I was unwell for awhile, then I went on a weekend away...Basically life got in the way.
    And now we're at Valentines Day and my tree is still up :o:o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

If its a real tree then that's pretty bad. If its a fake one, I would keep quiet and ignore it until November and then say, sure its up why take it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Freshpopcorn, that table looks like a relaxing little island of solitude. Heavenly tbh.

Happy V-Day. We don't celebrate it because we're already married and all that stuff goes out the window along with the hand holding and smiling at each other as soon as you get married (:pac:), but I think today I'll make a lemon cake with the toddler and have him make a card for his daddy. His dad will be working late though so we might not get the eat together. I am however making 2 or 3 different types of curry with naan, basmati rice and chips for a feast when he gets in.

:D

Completely forgot about that!

So did I until I seen people walking around with black marks on their heads.

Happy Valentines day people. I'm a single pringle so no Valentine but I did get a teddy from my god-daughter this morning. We also got some choccies in work.

Best of luck with the op today Cork lass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Having my pancakes this evening. Got home too late last night and only managed one pancake which was the dodgy first one.

Oh keep the tree up. I always thought it would be good to keep it up and decorate it depending on your season. Valentines. St Patrick's day. Easter. Summer holidays. Autumn. Halloween. And Christmas of course:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Saw a lady with her husband coming out of Tesco last night looking mortified. Two bouquets, a large teddy, and a valentines cushion:)

Cork Lass wrote: »
    I’m so sad for you now 😭😭

Don't worry about it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hope everything went well today, Cork Lass!

Happy Valentines Ash Wednesday folks. :)

#ashtag

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy Valentine’s Day folks.

Who’s your Boards.ie match?

http://www.boards.ie/love.php

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement