Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,764 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sorry DenMan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sorry for your loss Denman xxx

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh DenMan, I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

Like Loughc said, we're here any time you need us. Christmas isn't always all fairy lights and fun, and we are here for the tough days just as much as the good ones. Take care of yourself. xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sorry for your loss DenMan .

Anybody fancy a Christmas tattoo?
    27971760_10215665883818554_4485557020684824518_n.jpg?oh=2f0ef3444f75eef5a76a817b2fd7fbe2&oe=5AFFC734

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

fn9xk3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Anybody fancy a Christmas tattoo?
    27971760_10215665883818554_4485557020684824518_n.jpg?oh=2f0ef3444f75eef5a76a817b2fd7fbe2&oe=5AFFC734

Love the pumpkin too ! Is there an Easter bunny on the other arm?:)

Leg?

No idea. It's not me!

I think it's a knee where the trunk of the tree is. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Well February is flying away! Thursday week is the 1st of March, what the frick?

Over half way through the month and it only feels like now I'm coming up for air to pop in and properly say hello this month!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Loughc wrote: »
    Well February is flying away! Thursday week is the 1st of March, what the frick?

Over half way through the month and it only feels like now I'm coming up for air to pop in and properly say hello this month!

Stop, it's been mad. I'm 3/4 way through my first year back in college AND working fulltime. It's madness.

In other news, I finally got to try out the Lidl mince pie ice cream that i've been saving.

Oh my. Oh my it's nice.

Also our cat likes it. :p:p

Stop, it's been mad. I'm 3/4 way through my first year back in college AND working fulltime. It's madness.

Oh wow you're going to be super busy this year so, what are you studying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I take my hat off to people like you, B&C, who work and study! How do you get the time?!!!!!

Loughc wrote: »
    Oh wow you're going to be super busy this year so, what are you studying?

I've started a Doctorate in Social Studies. I do my lectures in "blocks", one week intensives, then have assignments and thesis work to do when I'm back in Dublin. This is year one of (hopefully only) four.
    CheerLouth wrote: »
    I take my hat off to people like you, B&C, who work and study! How do you get the time?!!!!!

Honestly? I have no idea. :p:p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Sorry for your loss denman.

Back in work today after a four day weekend! sounds good but caught a gastro/pukey thing first day of the weekend and couldn't even leave the house to get to the doc. scraping through today with flat 7 up and plain rice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Sorry to hear that Jude, it’s an awful way to be. Thank god for 7up. Hope your better soon :)

Cheers, tis a fleeting pain in the ... I don't know how strpiedB and others go through worse. Ive a high pain threshold for broken legs and stuff, from experience. But two nights without sleep, sitting on the jacks puking into the bath nearly had me tears.

Anyway I may head home now as Ive been a little sick again and dont want to make everyone else sick. Think I will sneakily throw on a christmas movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Jude13 wrote: »
    Cheers, tis a fleeting pain in the ... I don't know how strpiedB and others go through worse. Ive a high pain threshold for broken legs and stuff, from experience. But two nights without sleep, sitting on the jacks puking into the bath nearly had me tears.

Anyway I may head home now as Ive been a little sick again and dont want to make everyone else sick. Think I will sneakily throw on a christmas movie.

Don’t know if it will help or not but a good few years ago a doctor in Spain told us to use flat coke instead of 7up. We’ve always done this since and it’s worked for us. Might watch a a Christmas move myself :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I've been away from here for a while now - lot of stuff going on, but I just saw this article and had to post.  Poor Kevin the Carrot is in trouble with the ASA :(:( Another ad to join the Guiness ad in the annals of history never to be seen again on tv........
    https://www.independent.ie/life/food-drink/food-news/watch-this-aldi-kevin-the-carrot-christmas-alcohol-ad-banned-and-branded-irresponsible-36627045.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ah for feck sake :rolleyes:

chuckles30 wrote: »
    I've been away from here for a while now - lot of stuff going on, but I just saw this article and had to post.  Poor Kevin the Carrot is in trouble with the ASA :(:( Another ad to join the Guiness ad in the annals of history never to be seen again on tv........

https://www.independent.ie/life/food-drink/food-news/watch-this-aldi-kevin-the-carrot-christmas-alcohol-ad-banned-and-branded-irresponsible-36627045.html

AH lads that's a shocking ruling by the ASA, there's currently bloggers promoting items and unrealistic photoshopped images to a young ill-informed audience and offering nutritional advice despite no qualifications on the matter, which has been flagged to the ASA, nothing is done and then they pull Kevin the Carrott as kids might be influenced to drink.

I reckon the person who complained about the ad has a lot of work to do :rolleyes:

Fck sake I loved Kevin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

But is not just the ad that has to go and not Kevin?

kitten_k wrote: »
    But is not just the ad that has to go and not Kevin?

Kevin to return and murder several Irish TD's/Minister in the ads for Christmas 2019 instead of alcohol being shown!

Kevin to return and murder several Irish TD's/Minister in the ads for Christmas 2019 instead of alcohol being shown!

It was Kevin the Carrot
    With a vegetable peeler
    In the Dail Bar.

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

How is Kevin going to support Katie and the kids :eek:

Autosport wrote: »
    How is Kevin going to support Katie and the kids :eek:

I was just reading the Coronation Street thread and clicked in hear and I thought you were talking about Kevin Webster for second!

Tis the way of the world, we have a draft list of 'offensive terms' in here, wife is one of them. tis life partner don't ya know. And I used to think it was he and she and sometimes he wanted to be called she and vice versa which Im 100% behind and thought it made me youthful and a leftie, boy I was wrong, there's about 20 new terms.

Hopefully they wont pull the ads from youtube anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

chuckles30 wrote: »

Has the Guinness ad been confirmed yet as being banned though? I keep hearing conflicting reports about that bill.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement