Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Loughc wrote:
    Great way to kick off March.

Amazing!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

I've gotta say, now that I know I don't have to go to work til Monday, I'm enjoying the cosiness :) Let's hope the electricity holds out tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,764 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We went to Tesco to get a few bits and then they started announcing this store will close at 7:30PM and all of a sudden everybody started panic buying things.

Happy March everybody!
    superthumb.jpg

We're also out off the three hundreds and into the two hundreds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Brought the dog out last night and one of my neighbours turned all his Christmas garden lights back on. Was going to knock in and tell them how great it looked. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy March everybody!
    superthumb.jpg

Doesn't feel like March out there today, happy snow day 2: Snow Harder.

Be safe out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Whilst I’m still in hospital in Waterford, this is what’s going on in my front garden in Cork 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

We're also out off the three hundreds and into the two hundreds!

After a January that lasted an age that came around quickly enough.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I’m annoyed at the snow because it means I’m home alone for a few days but I built a snowman and turned on Christmas FM just as they were playing ‘Do You Want To Build A Snowman’ and it cheered me up a bit. Of course the next song was ‘Blue Christmas’. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

My boys enjoying the snow today

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I seen your front garden picture on the Christmas FM facebook page, Cork Lass! :D

Posy wrote: »
    I seen your front garden picture on the Christmas FM facebook page, Cork Lass! :D

Yeah, my husband did that to cheer me up. My daughter sent me a video of it and it was hilarious- he was all over the place trying to get the best shot. I got a great laugh from it :). I’d love to be there enjoying it but looks like I’ll have to wait for the next one.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cork Lass wrote: »
    My boys enjoying the snow today

Oh my god, they are so cute! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Yeah, my husband did that to cheer me up. My daughter sent me a video of it and it was hilarious- he was all over the place trying to get the best shot. I got a great laugh from it :). I’d love to be there enjoying it but looks like I’ll have to wait for the next one.
    It's a shame you have missed out on the fun :( but you will have many pain free years ahead to enjoy with them, and that's the most important thing. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Can't take a photo but we have deeper snow than the pictures posted. It's quite difficult to get out our doors so had to do a bit a shovelling for safety reasons. Still no wind thank goodness but the night is young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Posted on Facebook how I was sitting at home listening to Christmas FM and how great it was, very surprised by the amount of likes I got for that :)

Oh my God. The snow here in Dublin is unbelievable. At least a meter in parts of my back garden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

These two maniacs were in their elements!

harleyandphoe.jpg

That was yesterday, can't get out today.

Okay, that's enough snow now, thank you come again ***

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Dogs really love the snow. We got a Labrador puppy a couple of months ago and he's so funny in the snow. Brought him up to the woods on thursday when the snow wasnt too bad. Just walking him around the block now though.

We were watching him yesterday in the back garden and it was like he couldn't understand or was trying to figure out why you sink in the snow! He was also trying to catch the snowflakes :)

300z1ol.jpg

Anyone we know?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

Uh! There was very little snow here in Sligo. It was supposed to snow last night. But it didn't. All that was left was a few patches along the road and in the fields. I'm so jealous of people in the East with a meter of snow..

Trust me, it gets old very quickly.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

job seeker wrote: »
    Uh! There was very little snow here in Sligo. It was supposed to snow last night. But it didn't. All that was left was a few patches along the road and in the fields. I'm so jealous of people in the East with a meter of snow..

Try not to be too jealous. My flight for my weekend holiday to Madrid was cancelled and my husband is stuck there in his own. My road is impassable and I'm pregnant. I'm unable to go outside and haven't seen another human being in 5 days. When it does melt, there's ice to contend with and I've no clue how I'm going to get to work next week. I'm lucky to have electricity and water but my friends in Kildare have neither.

The snow drifts are insane around here. I have work on Monday and a hospital appointment Tuesday morning and genuinely don't know if I'll get to either!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Just made a batch of mince pies. :)

They look delicious Mystery Egg, enjoy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I may have been wearing Christmas jumpers the last few days :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

Try not to be too jealous. My flight for my weekend holiday to Madrid was cancelled and my husband is stuck there in his own. My road is impassable and I'm pregnant. I'm unable to go outside and haven't seen another human being in 5 days. When it does melt, there's ice to contend with and I've no clue how I'm going to get to work next week. I'm lucky to have electricity and water but my friends in Kildare have neither.
    Trust me, it gets old very quickly.

Yeah, I suppose that I only focus on the positives, playing in the snow and picturesque scenes. All the above are things which I never even realise are happening. The News don't even broadcast that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement