Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,764 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Only about four more Christmas free months now because we're in March. Just April, May, June, July and then it's August and Brown Thomas Christmas shop will open!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Only about four more Christmas free months now because we're in March. Just April, May, June, July and then it's August and Brown Thomas Christmas shop will open!

Wow. That’s an epic way to look at things.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh those mince pies look great! :)
    Autosport wrote: »
    I may have been wearing Christmas jumpers the last few days :D
    Me too. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

1448cxl.jpg

Yes, could not agree more!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Those mince pies looked scrummy. Drooling here.
    I hope everyone can get back to work safely. Don't take any chances.

Lads what a week!

I’ve just finished modding a fantastic game of werewolf so I’m just properly checking back in now. (If he haven’t played werewolf before check it out. Kitten K can vouch for how good and addictive it is.)

But what a week, we are in the 200’s in the countdown, it’s March and OMG we got snow!!

The past few days even though I’ve been WFH have felt so Christmassy. Having ChristmasFM back for one day was AMAZING and it really made the mood that bit extra festive!!

Can’t believe it’s all gone in most parts and it’s back to reality tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Never heard of werewolf although Im not much of games (apart from drinking) type person. Prefer sports.

Anyway we have been talking about booking our flights home for Christmas this week..its beginning.

On my way to work after the Christmas holidays. Ugh. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Back to work today - so glad to be back to civilisation! :D

But I'm off again tomorrow for my little boys First Birthday :D:D:D This time last year, I was 7 hours into a 27 hour labour - a story I'm going to haunt him with every year of his life :pac::pac:::p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Loughc wrote: »
    Lads what a week!

I’ve just finished modding a fantastic game of werewolf so I’m just properly checking back in now. (If he haven’t played werewolf before check it out. Kitten K can vouch for how good and addictive it is.)

But what a week, we are in the 200’s in the countdown, it’s March and OMG we got snow!!

The past few days even though I’ve been WFH have felt so Christmassy. Having ChristmasFM back for one day was AMAZING and it really made the mood that bit extra festive!!

Can’t believe it’s all gone in most parts and it’s back to reality tomorrow.

I had a great time playing, already looking forward to the next one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I don't tend to post photos of S on boards but these two of our snow building are an exception.
    2dm8r28.png
    2ihtqj9.png

OMG The Ghostbuster Marshmallow man snowman wins this snow event hands down!

Oh my god, the Stay Puft marshmallow man! Brilliant. I'd say S had a ball. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,764 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think March might be a fast enough month. For some reason I think it's Friday. We generally get a large shop on Friday and did it this morning.
    I've just to decide what to get for Mothers Day now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I think March might be a fast enough month. For some reason I think it's Friday. We generally get a large shop on Friday and did it this morning.
    I've just to decide what to get for Mothers Day now!

Well, we'll have Mothers day, then the following weekend is St Patricks day with a bank holiday, then its quickly into Easter with 2 short weeks (good Friday & easter Monday) & then we're into April...

still think its just balancing out the longest January I can ever remember though :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    still think its just balancing out the longest January I can ever remember though :D

Yes!! Cannot agree anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Posy wrote: »
    Oh my god, the Stay Puft marshmallow man! Brilliant. I'd say S had a ball. :D

It was great. Best of all was getting to go sledging. We've had a sledge in the shed for years that was my cousin's when she lived in Denmark and I never thought we'd get to use it. Though once S had a few goes I realised that I had never ever gotten to use a sled in my whole life so he had to wait for me to have my go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

The clocks change this month also don't they?

kitten_k wrote: »
    The clocks change this month also don't they?

They do indeed March 25th I think. :)

• Advertisement

Looks like January is going to have been longer than both February and March put together!

So how are we all after the snow?

All settled back into work?

Our Snowman is still standing, albeit not quite so proudly! :pac:

I had yesterday off for our little man's bday. Had a great day :D Back to the grindstone today, not so great! :(

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Our Snowman is still standing, albeit not quite so proudly! :pac:

I had yesterday off for our little man's bday. Had a great day :D Back to the grindstone today, not so great! :(

Ah you're over the worse of it, you showed up haha, it'll get easier from that. :)

I feel like I'm back to normal now, but it took Monday to Wednesday to get here. :pac:
    Already looking forward to the weekend!

Posy wrote: »
    I feel like I'm back to normal now, but it took Monday to Wednesday to get here. :pac:
    Already looking forward to the weekend!

Same. I can’t wait for Friday haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Loughc wrote:
    Same. I can’t wait for Friday haha.

Same here.
    So glad it's Thursday today!

I have to say Snowmageddon was a nice (Christmassy) distraction to the usual routine.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Same here.
    So glad it's Thursday today!

I have to say Snowmageddon was a nice (Christmassy) distraction to the usual routine.

It sure was, it was like a mini-Christmas break. Nothing to do but watch Netflix in front of a nice fire with some treats (in the evenings, I still had to work from home but we won't talk about that :p )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

I had to work as well but as I already have nothing to do at the office on a typical day I took it one step further at work by pretending to work when really I was enjoying a white christmas :pac:

• Advertisement

cinnamony wrote: »
    I had to work as well but as I already have nothing to do at the office on a typical day I took it one step further at work by pretending to work when really I was enjoying a white christmas :pac:

Sounds like my last job! Was brilliant at the start, bloody boring by the end! Nothing worse than sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day trying to make yourself look busy! Good luck with it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement