Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

miamee wrote: »
    It sure was, it was like a mini-Christmas break. Nothing to do but watch Netflix in front of a nice fire with some treats (in the evenings, I still had to work from home but we won't talk about that :p )

Same I had to work from home, but I had Christmas FM blaring and the evenings were Netflix and treats all the way.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I don't have remote access to work from home, so just had to slave away doing nothing. :( :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,891 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Happy Friday everyone, I’m finally going home today :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Happy Friday everyone, I’m finally going home today :):)

Great news, Cork Lass! :D Mind yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Well hello everyone....

I'm back and I just finished catching up on this thread- over 50 pages!! :D Sorry I hadn't been posting as I was feeling quite anti Christmas at start of December so I didn't want to post and ruin it for anyone. I crashed on way to work one morning and I had some bother with car after I got it back so it just ruined half of December for me- even my hubby had to try and get me in festive spirits putting up Christmas tree himself before Toy Show which I have to admit did the trick! :D

I thanked him the night before Christmas Eve by making him open our Christmas Eve box saying to grab some munchies for the movie only instead of munchies he saw the sleepsuit with 'Big Smiles for Daddy' :D super cheesy or what but I just had to link it in with Christmas! :P Thankfully I didn't get the sickness until after the new year so I just wasn't able to do anything until recently!

Catching up on this gave me a notion of taking few mince pies out of the freezer and throw them in oven when I get home this evening- perhaps even put some festive film on! ;)

Congrats to Mystery Egg also! :D

Fingers crossed your recovery is speedy Cork Lass!

CheerLouth, hope you're ok since your crash as well.

• Advertisement

Welcome back, Disney Diva! :D

I'm sorry to hear you had a hard time of it around Christmas.
    Never think you'll bring us down though- we're not just a fairweather forum, we'll be here for the good times and bad! All our regular posters are free to complain/lament/vent any time and we'll be glad to offer support- or just lend an ear. :)

Thank you for that Posy! :D
    I still had a good Christmas in the end especially finding out that I'm pregnant, I just gotta stop putting pressure on ourselves to have that 'perfect Christmas' :P

Welcome back, DisneyDiva! And massive congratulations! Hope you are keeping well!

Welcome back and congratulations Disney Dive, hope it’s all goin well for you :)

How are you doing now, Cork Lass?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

I sure I will spend this coming Christmas in San Francisco. As the bother and his wife aren't able to visit, due to a wedding in Vietnam.So overall it's going to be pretty strange I imagine..

Posy wrote: »
    How are you doing now, Cork Lass?

I’m good Posy, thanks for asking. Hoping to be walking without crutches in about 4 or 5 weeks and I should be waving goodbye to the walking stick. It’s been one hell of a year and not in a good way but the outlook is extremely positive. I’m told I may even be able to get back to my spinning classes over time, fingers crossed :)

That's great news, Cork Lass! Fingers crossed for you!

Happy Long Weekend, everyone! :D

That sounds really positive Cork Lass!

Really looking forward to the long weekend! I'm taking next Friday off so I'll only be working 3 days :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy st. Patrick’s Day elves! :)

Many happy returns, it’s a bloody cold one :eek:

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Many happy returns, it’s a bloody cold one :eek:

It is BALTIC today!!!

Baltic and with flurries of snow.

The snow flurries I'd have been so excited about a month ago just look pathetic now! :pac:

Baltic and with flurries of snow.

The snow flurries I'd have been so excited about a month ago just look pathetic now! :pac:

Some snow here this morning!! Yikes!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

We're snowed in again. It fills me with dread because I'm pregnant and I can't go out at all for fear of slipping! However on the plus side my husband is here with me this time (last time he was in Madrid) so I've got company. And milk and bread. :)

• Advertisement

Snow 2.0!

I say we declare tomorrow a public holiday because of the snow. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I’m enjoying this snow a lot more than the last! It’s pretty heavy and deep in the estate but the main roads are grand. My husband had to chase our shopping bags around the untreated part of the supermarket car park and even with his dodgy knees it was grand. We have plenty of food and I’m back in my jammies on the couch reading.

I follow Chris Stark on Instagram and he has a video up of his DJ set last night - he played a Christmas song!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,335 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Snow 2.0!

It's already a public holiday because Paddy's Day was at the weekend. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

Zaph wrote: »
    It's already a public holiday because Paddy's Day was at the weekend. :D

thatsthejoke.jpg

thatsthejoke.jpg
    ^^ This :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I found a selection box! A whole unopened selection box. What a find on a snowy day :eek::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Christmas people :D

Happy Christmas!!
    Whispered wrote: »
    I found a selection box! A whole unopened selection box. What a find on a snowy day :eek::cool:
    Oooooh. :D

Snow 2.0!

I laughed way too much at this. Well played :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

It's thawing and the roads are clear. I am pleased about this development

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement