Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,764 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I have hardly any snow but it's freeing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Hi all, have.nt been on much....but I have been in for quick read of yer antics....
    Had our last christmas pud yesterday...it was perfect for the seasonal weather. Still lot of snow on the ground here, which
    froze over last night. It is like a flipping ice ring...Keep well...xxx
    ODL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Was thrilled to see sunny blue skies this morning, let's hope it stays that way. I can live with the cold. Tucking in to an Easter egg at the minute which was given to me as a treat ( in a way that's quite similar to a selection box). Least it's a short week this week!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Was thrilled to see sunny blue skies this morning, let's hope it stays that way. I can live with the cold. Tucking in to an Easter egg at the minute which was given to me as a treat ( in a way that's quite similar to a selection box). Least it's a short week this week!

It was a lovely crisp spring day today. Sky was so sunny and clear and I managed to get a walk in too. I love snow but I hate how difficult it makes to get anywhere.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I do want the spring/summer just to get here now.
    I love the winter, but it's been the winter now for almost 6 months. :(

Roll on the bright evenings!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    I do want the spring/summer just to get here now.
    I love the winter, but it's been the winter now for almost 6 months. :(

Roll on the bright evenings!

Sunset was 6.30 tonight and the clocks are going forward next weekend so the bright evenings are here to stay but I completely agree about Winter.

It’s definitely overstayed it’s welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I have an awful yearning on me to go camping. Going to bring the little fella on his first camp. He was too young and honestly too bad a sleeper before, I think he's just old enough now to enjoy it.
    So yeah I'm hoping for a temperature increase now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Getting ready to decorate for Easter in a bit as it's the first morning of our Easter Countdown Calendar. Brought to us this year by Kevin, Katy and baby carrot (as carrots are for Easter too). And I've just realised I have to tidy out the tent under S's bed in a bit as a few of his friends will be visiting this week and it's where I stored all the Christmas goodies. I'm having visions of forgetting and his friends going in there and screaming with delight when the find the left over boxes of Taytos, Skittles, Wham bars, selection boxes, biscuits, florentines and all the cans of 7up and Club orange that are still waiting to be eaten. :D

Loughc wrote: »
    It is BALTIC today!!!

Only realized now this was my 10,000th post. Had a feeling that post would come from here! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

iguana wrote: »
    Getting ready to decorate for Easter in a bit as it's the first morning of our Easter Countdown Calendar.

You've just reminded me that I have a few Easter decorations somewhere - must look them out tonight!

Lovely bright mornings yesterday & today! Finally feels like Spring might actually be here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    Only realized now this was my 10,000th post. Had a feeling that post would come from here! :)

Did a check on my posts total & was surprised to see this forum is my second highest forum to post in... genuinely wasn't expecting that.

Though I do find that when I'm feeling in the mood for nostalgia or cheering up I tend to drop in and look back over old threads & get a hint of the excitement of previous years & that tends to lift the spirits.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

2uyk5t3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Finally watching Paddington 2! Giving me some Christmas vibes because I have been wanting to watch it since before Christmas and of course that ad! :D

Next had their mini sales this morning so next one will be the main one- I usually get Christmas presents in that sale! :D

This day 9months is Christmas Eve :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

My mother in law just made us Christmas dinner. For no reason. :)

Turkey, ham, stuffing, mash, carrot and parsnip, broccoli and cabbage. With gravy. So good! :pac:

It won't be long now! ;)

Aww I want Christmas dinner now! Sounds yummy!

Oh and we spent the day playing Crash Bandit with Daddy like we used to on Christmas day when we were small :D

We're doing a Christmas dinner for Easter Sunday we got the ham on Friday, also got Easter crackers at Aldi.

Easter crackers?? That's brilliant! I'm half thinking if we don't go away I'd like to put on Christmas style dinner ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Easter crackers, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Did the shop yesterday and picked up a frozen turkey for Easter. The next turkey we buy will be for Christmas. :D

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    Easter crackers, eh?

They got them in Aldi on Thursday there €2.99.
    I've also seen them at Tesco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,891 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

They got them in Aldi on Thursday there €2.99.
    I've also seen them at Tesco.

I bought them in Aldi on Friday - my husband thought I was crackers :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Back online after a while away, had a shoulder op, off sick so dosing! I went to candylicous (a shop that only sells sweets) and the staff had not heard of Easter eggs, not one in sight.

Having a staycation tomorrow and the day after for our first anniversary, its not till April fools day but we re in work that day.

Hope all i well in Christmas forum land.

Welcome back Jude, hope the shoulder is not too painful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Cheers CL, how are you feeling now?

Its more awkward than pain and its my dominant arm. Was hoping for keyhole but there was too much to do, anchors and screws, so stitches out today.

I woke up in hospital with Cliff Richards 'saviors day' in my head, im the least religious person you could meet.

I’m doing very well. Ended up,in the hospital for over three weeks because of a minor complication but I’m well on the road to recovery now and the operation was a success so I’m very happy. On a different note I had shoulder surgery a couple of years ago and it was very painful but within six weeks I was completely back to normal - it was keyhole though so yours might be a bit longer. Good luck with it :). Cliff Richards eh? That must have been one hell of an anaesthetic

Ps. This is turning into a hospital thread :eek:

Welcome back, Jude! Hope you are on the mend! Glad to hear you are also recovering well, Cork Lass!

In keeping with the current hospital theme, I've spent my weekend training to be a Doula! :D It was such an amazing weekend - I can't wait to get out there & start helping other women have fantastic births :D I have a Christmas-esque smile on my face today :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Wanted my 1000th post to be in Christmas forum & lo & behold!! :)

so best wishes for the recovery Jude, fingers crossed it all goes to plan, ditto Cork lass and congrats Cheerlouth on your achievement re: the training... best of luck with that for you in the future!!

Missed waffle day yesterday and wasnt much in the mood of rudolph day as had been out on Saturday night with the Mrs at Paloma Faith and indulged in some 'refreshment' afterwards... so yesterday was spent trying to do as little as possible whilst also keeping the kids entertained!!

Off for a few days from Wednesday into next week so a couple of v.short weeks for me and boy am I looking forward to the break!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Well done CheerLouth, may you have lots of happy times ahead and congratulations on reaching 1000 posts DvB

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, I'm super excited! Although as I currently work full time & have two smallies & a partner who works mad hours, I'm not so sure how feasible it is at the minute, but if I could do one or two births a year, I'd be delighted!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement