Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,764 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I went to shopping centers Yesterday that I wasn't at since Christmas and I bought nothing. I found there was nothing to look at.

Happy-Easter-Images-3.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Happy Easter, and happy April! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,891 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Many happy returns 🐣🐣🐣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Happy Easter everyone !

For those having turkey , it's like Christmas dinner again , brilliant :D

(Don't forget it's April Fools Day too !)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,891 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

We’re having lamb as it’s traditional for us. I love lamb - lamb does not love me :( so I’ll just enjoy the smell of it and feast on chocolate instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Happy Easter everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Happy Easter everyone. It'll be like Christmas 2 here tomorrow as our Easter Bunny goes a bit overboard with an egg hunt leading to a basket of toy filled eggs + a few extras. Then a special breakfast of waffles (as we had pancakes on Waffle Day) with crackers. And then out for a big Easter day out. Dinner will be a take-away as we'll be too shattered for anything else. We've had Easter days out for the last 4 days and I'm ready to drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Happy easter everyone and thanks for the best wishes. Still typing with one hand which is a mission. Working from home this week so may sneak in a Christmas movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

I see Christmas FM have put back up their ad today on Facebook because demand has been so high for their training course for this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

38 weeks to go :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

19v48o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

It snowed this morning!! :D

Can't believe April is here and Easter is over already!! Another ticked off on the list!! :D

We're watching Bridget Jones and we're on the Christmas scenes now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Just checked in on the Christmas Countdown and its already over a 100 days since last Christmas. I know its an old cliche but the older you get the quicker time flies.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Have harry potter on, prisoner of something, feels Christmassy for some reason.

I always find the week after a Bank Holiday so long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Bizarrely when browsing to watch a film last night National Lampoons Christmas Vacation came up on the most popular section... in April!! Must be a load of people in need of a crimbo reminder or something!!

Agree re: weeks dragging in though & with nothing of note in the pipeline for me until our family holiday in July.... its gonna be a long 3 months!!
    I'm convinced the miserable weather is impacting our perception of the weeks dragging in though, a few weeks of decent spring/summer weather would be a great tonic IMO. The longer evenings are much better when the sun is out or at least its not raining!

100 days into 2018 as of today, though it feels like more!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Jude13 wrote: »

Love that movie! We'd have a HP marathon around Christmas time :D

My friend got me two genie lamps & Chip bubbles cup this morning so that is my Christmas Disney collection growing! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Jude13 wrote: »

Azkaban :D

• Advertisement

Just been up in Tesco & picked up some breadsticks for the kids, as I packed them into my bag I noticed the best before date on them as Dec 18, gave me a little buzz thinking forward to the build up to crimbo 2018.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Just been up in Tesco & picked up some breadsticks for the kids, as I packed them into my bag I noticed the best before date on them as Dec 18, gave me a little buzz thinking forward to the build up to crimbo 2018.

I'm lethal for doing that. Also look forward to seeing the milk being dated in the next month.

I just took down the Easter decorations!

I wasn't aware that was even a thing nowadays...:eek:

It is nearly as big deal as Christmas is those days ;)

I'm in the middle of that too :(
    On the plus side, I got 2 lovely tree toppers for €1 each in Heatons.

Only three more Christmas free months left!
    Just four months to Brown Thomas Christmas Shop!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I decorate a bit for Halloween, but never have for Easter.
    Easter will always just be about chocolate for me!

I do St. Patricks Day, Easter, Halloween and Christmas. Ah shur, it brightens up a long winter....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

washiskin wrote: »
    I do St. Patricks Day, Easter, Halloween and Christmas. Ah shur, it brightens up a long winter....

Which seems to have just about left us. That has to be the longest winter we ever had haha.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement