Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So I haven't been around too much on our dear forum as I've been busy house hunting.

I'm glad to say we got a house! We're hoping it'll be finished and ready to move in by October. i'll be happy as long as I'm in before Christmas. I'd love to have the decorations up in the new house.

Our new home will have a bay window in the sitting room, it's the perfect location to put the tree!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    So I haven't been around too much on our dear forum as I've been busy house hunting.

I'm glad to say we got a house! We're hoping it'll be finished and ready to move in by October. i'll be happy as long as I'm in before Christmas. I'd love to have the decorations up in the new house.

Our new home will have a bay window in the sitting room, it's the perfect location to put the tree!

Congrats!! & Best of luck in your new home, may you have many happy years (& Christmas's) there.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Brilliant news, Loughc! Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

How exciting LoughC! Just in time for Christmas too! A good excuse to buy new decorations or else ask for plenty as presents!ha Congratulations!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

How exciting LoughC! Just in time for Christmas too! A good excuse to buy new decorations or else ask for plenty as presents!ha Congratulations!!

That's the plan, if we can get in around October hopefully I'll have enough in the budget for new decorations! It's the perfect excuse! I will absolutely be getting a wreath for my door, it's something I've keep meaning to get but never have.

Plus our front door is red, so it's already festive looking haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

305930.jpg

All the good ones are! Ours is too!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

kitten_k wrote: »
    305930.jpg

LOVE THIS!! :D

That's the plan, if we can get in around October hopefully I'll have enough in the budget for new decorations! It's the perfect excuse! I will absolutely be getting a wreath for my door, it's something I've keep meaning to get but never have.

You'll have to post a photo of your red door with wreath before Christmas now! I love red doors!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,891 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

DvB wrote: »
    All the good ones are! Ours is too!

So is ours😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,891 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Congratulations Loughc, May you have years of happiness there :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Congratulations on your soon-to-be new home, Loughc!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Congrats loughC!! Im counting the hours down until I can walk out of the office and head to the airport. Four days in Dublin for me and I am pretty excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,764 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Enjoy LoughC, hope the window is big!

Have a great trip Jude

Jude13 wrote: »
    Congrats loughC!! Im counting the hours down until I can walk out of the office and head to the airport. Four days in Dublin for me and I am pretty excited.

The weather is meant to be decent this weekend too. Though in comparison to where you're coming from it'll probably be chilly:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Congrats and best wishes with the new house Loughc. Perfect timing for the Christmas Decs.
    Enjoy your break in Dublin Jude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Congratulations on the new house LoughC, make sure you put up a picture of the tree all lit up in the new bay window.

Enjoy your trip to Dublin Jude! :D

Feeling a bit Christmassy in office this morning- someone brought in tin box of Quality Street! Of course I had good few already and I asked if I could take the tin box & I can whoop! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Had a great time at home and some nice weather. Cheers for all the wishes. Flight from hell on Monday evening/night, we bounced our way to Dubai.

My OH said I was allowed to go all out this year for Christmas, I don't think she understands what a monster she has unleashed.

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    Had a great time at home and some nice weather. Cheers for all the wishes. Flight from hell on Monday evening/night, we bounced our way to Dubai.

My OH said I was allowed to go all out this year for Christmas, I don't think she understands what a monster she has unleashed.

Glad you had a great time back home. The weather was beautiful last weekend! Still dreaming of snow and cold mornings now though haha.

attachment.php?attachmentid=450651&d=1526213866[IMG][/img]

jhrp6d.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I'm so excited already! I have started keeping a potential present list on my phone for the kids :D

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=glade

Possible gift/part of a gift idea... Just in case this doesn't show for some reason, Tesco are selling some Glade candles for half price (€3.50) until 29th May. I love the 'Relaxing Zen' one myself and I'm stocking up for this reason (present shopping in May!!! - sadly not my personal best, I've shopped in the post-Christmas sales before!) Maybe a teacher present or part of a hamper?

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I'm so excited already! I have started keeping a potential present list on my phone for the kids :D

Ours told us already what they want from Santa this year :D

I have to keep reminding them that they may feel differently after their summer holidays, or when they go back to school, or after Halloween etc...

Its great the way kids have no grasp of time at all. But it does give us a sharp reminder come the end of summer we need to start thinking about getting their stuff sorted as we like to get theirs done & dusted as early as reasonably possible without giving them time to dramatically change their minds:eek:

Hasn't happened so far but i'm sure it will soon as they get older.

On a tangent, we were looking to get rid of some old toys recently & rather than just bin them thought we'd ask their afterschool creche if they'd be interested, they told us they'd be delighted to take them so we started bagging them up to drop in & i have to admit I got a lump in my throat looking at all the toys they'd grown out of that they'd previously gotten for christmas & was reminded of all the fun they'd had with them. I'd love to keep them all as momento's but in reality we havent the room.... great great memories though.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Hi Guys,
    Its been a while but thought I would get back into the festive mood! In work at the mo have buble playing its so relaxing.. Also have officially started my xmas shopping picked up a cook book for my mam and some stocking fillers for my nieces my plan is to pick up something small on payday that way i wont have a big panic in December.

31 weeks today = favourite day of the year! (Christmas Eve)

Does anyone else think Santa could be in trouble when GDPR kicks in tomorrow! :O

• Advertisement

2z4w9pi.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement