Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

My baby is due in a couple of weeks and I just realised I'm going to need to get them a Christmas stocking! What a happy thought. :)

Oh that is so exciting. My little girl has a late late toy show christmas stocking but I might order her a personalized one this year.

Guys have a look in the range they are selling off the lynx aftershave kits for 5 euro I picked up one for my two brothers and two brother in laws today so that another gift marked off my list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

My baby is due in a couple of weeks and I just realised I'm going to need to get them a Christmas stocking! What a happy thought. :)

Amazing news, you can impart old and new traditions. I can't wait until Santa is back coming to our house.

Ahhhhhhh!! I sold my car about a month ago, sadly I left my sunglasses in the holder under the rear view mirror. They were good ones and I was raging. Sold it to a garage who sold it on, they say they cant contact the seller. So hey ho. But it gets worse. I bought the music to home alone on CD and left it in the bloody car!!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

How exciting! I have to admit I went a bit mad, just a bit mad, buying few Christmas outfits in sales last year including Toy Show ones! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Hello elves !!

I feel like i should apologise it's been so long since I was on :( i actually seen an add for Christmas in July on true movies and I thought oh I may get back onto the forum and see what I've missed! Loads apparently.

I'm actually ashamed to say this is the first year I haven't started my Christmas shopping already (shock horror I know !) But with good reason. We were delighted to find out we are due mini glitz #3 .. with a due date of 27th December! So it's been a busy year :)

Hope you all are keeping well x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I'm actually ashamed to say this is the first year I haven't started my Christmas shopping already (shock horror I know !) But with good reason. We were delighted to find out we are due mini glitz #3 .. with a due date of 27th December! So it's been a busy year :)

Congratulations Glitz! A Christmas baby! :D That's actually my little one's bday! :D

• Advertisement

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Congratulations Glitz! A Christmas baby! :D That's actually my little one's bday! :D

Thank you ! Ah that's too adorable:) definitely a week of celebrations. My kids tend to be lazy the last went 10 days over so if this one comes before the new year I'll be impressed lol ! How old is your LO ?

So the new elves list:

Mystery Egg
    Glitzgirl (welcome back)

How exciting! I have to admit I went a bit mad, just a bit mad, buying few Christmas outfits in sales last year including Toy Show ones! :p

Hi Disney !!!

Did you see the new rose gold Disney backpacks! Think they will be on my Santa list this year! :)

Jude13 wrote: »
    So the new elves list:

Mystery Egg
    Glitzgirl (welcome back)

Thanks Jude! Did you make it home for Christmas new year this year? Is the list for the get to know your Christmas elves game? I love that game :)

Hi Disney !!!

Did you see the new rose gold Disney backpacks! Think they will be on my Santa list this year! :)

Massive congratulations to you on your great news!! Perhaps at this rate, we will need to set up a wee thread for baby elves on way!! :p I'd need plenty advice for Santa's first visit to our house ;)

I googled the rose gold Disney backpacks and god they're beautiful! Wonder if they'll be too expensive for me to use as changing bag! :p

• Advertisement

Thanks Jude! Did you make it home for Christmas new year this year? Is the list for the get to know your Christmas elves game? I love that game :)

I got home for Christmas last year and had a ball, spent extra time at home so less driving. We had new years in the maldives as we hadn't had a proper honeymoon.

This year it will be working up to Christmas day then maybe a day or two off and back to work. So no Ireland for me.

Get to know the Christmas elves is class.

Massive congratulations to you on your great news!! Perhaps at this rate, we will need to set up a wee thread for baby elves on way!! :p I'd need plenty advice for Santa's first visit to our house ;)

I googled the rose gold Disney backpacks and god they're beautiful! Wonder if they'll be too expensive for me to use as changing bag! :p

Are you expecting Disney!!!! :D definitely need a baby elves thread lol :)

They are stunning I'm hoping this mini glitz will be a girl I can swing the whole mammy and me matching thing. Need those bags in my life!

I got home for Christmas last year and had a ball, spent extra time at home so less driving. We had new years in the maldives as we hadn't had a proper honeymoon.

This year it will be working up to Christmas day then maybe a day or two off and back to work. So no Ireland for me.

Get to know the Christmas elves is class.

Oh belated happy honeymoon wishes! Hope you had a great time. Well where ever you end up this year im sure you'll make it feel like Christmas and have your Christmas travel play list on.

Cheers, I will be working somewhere in MENA up until Christmas eve but defineitly back in the UAE for Christmas day.

The in laws may be joining us...which will be nice.

Are you expecting Disney!!!! :D definitely need a baby elves thread lol :)

They are stunning I'm hoping this mini glitz will be a girl I can swing the whole mammy and me matching thing. Need those bags in my life!

Yep I'm indeed! :D I think I'm more excited about the whole first Christmas craic at moment :p

Whole mammy and me thingy is a must now you mentioned it!! A good excuse to have two bags! ;)

Yep I'm indeed! :D I think I'm more excited about the whole first Christmas craic at moment :p

Whole mammy and me thingy is a must now you mentioned it!! A good excuse to have two bags! ;)

Awh congratulations Disney !!! ... sending excited hugs ! When are you due and is this your first !you'll def have to get a Disney onsie saying babies first Christmas! Penny's actually have some lovely Disney themed clothes in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Talking about babies, my first nephew made his appearance on Monday, so I can legit go MAD for Christmas this year, happy days. I managed to keep myself from buying the reindeer playsuit in Penneys last year because it was early days and now I am RAGING I missed it lol.

Talking about babies, my first nephew made his appearance on Monday, so I can legit go MAD for Christmas this year, happy days. I managed to keep myself from buying the reindeer playsuit in Penneys last year because it was early days and now I am RAGING I missed it lol.

Congrats on becoming an auntie! Awh no I did that with my first son he was born in January raging I didn't buy some Christmas baby clothes ! But think of how cute you can make the first Christmas photo shoot stick some little fluffy reindeer onsies and antlers on and video them crawling/ walking around like a baby reindeer invasion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

So the new elves list:

Mystery Egg
    Glitzgirl (welcome back)

My little elf was born 4 weeks ago today! This will be our first year as a family of 4. Can't wait!

My little elf was born 4 weeks ago today! This will be our first year as a family of 4. Can't wait!

Awh a busy 4 weeks for you all so! congratulations and enjoy !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Congrats everyone who's expecting, who's recently just gave birth and who's recently became an aunt....

I think that covers it all :pac:

Ye guys sure keep yerselves busy out of season :pac:

Loughc wrote: »

Ye guys sure keep yerselves busy out of season :pac:

Just making sure we populate the world with mini Christmas enthusiasts :Pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Livliest the christmas forum has been in ages!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Livliest the christmas forum has been in ages!!

I know it's great to see. I've been so busy in work over the past few months I've barely been able to come up for air and by the time I get home I've little desire to look at a phone screen.

It also helps the sun isnt out splitting the rocks making Christmas such a far away and foreign thought like it was back in the end of May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

So Loughc I may be joining you in the new house for Christmas gang :-)

Got AIP today - just need to sell my current apartment and find a nice house!

kitten_k wrote: »
    So Loughc I may be joining you in the new house for Christmas gang :-)

Got AIP today - just need to sell my current apartment and find a nice house!

Ah fantastic KittenK! I hope it goes well for you if you have any questions shout I’m a serial over thinker and planner when it comes to things like this haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Thanks Lough I will take you up on that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Congrats to the expecting couples :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

job seeker wrote: »
    I sure I will spend this coming Christmas in San Francisco. As the bother and his wife aren't able to visit, due to a wedding in Vietnam. So overall it's going to be pretty strange I imagine..

Flights booked yesterday.. If anything, it'll be a few holiday snaps for my insta.. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Woo, everyone has been busy busy!
    I bought a couple of things in the latest Clinique bonus time, and have €250 in my Christmas savings account, but things won't be full steam ahead until I'm done with my summer holidays at the end of July.
    So the new elves list:

Mystery Egg
    Glitzgirl (welcome back)
    New new elves list:

Mystery Egg
    Glitzgirl
    xDisneyDivax

Anyone else have something to tell us?! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement