Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Posy, who's doing Clinique bonus?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Posy wrote: »
    Woo, everyone has been busy busy!
    I bought a couple of things in the latest Clinique bonus time, and have €250 in my Christmas savings account, but things won't be full steam ahead until I'm done with my summer holidays at the end of July.
    Jude13 wrote: »
    So the new elves list:

Mystery Egg
    Glitzgirl (welcome back)
    New new elves list:

Mystery Egg
    Glitzgirl
    xDisneyDivax

Anyone else have something to tell us?! :pac:

Don't forget Attention Bebe's new arrival. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ah, the new new elves list is only the expecting list. It will be a long list if we put all the parents onto it! :pac:
    Staph wrote: »
    Posy, who's doing Clinique bonus?
    Debenhams were doing it at the end of May-start of June.
    It was a good one, choose 6 products from 9 minis. I like the choice!

Arnotts/BT are definitely overdue one, I'm always keeping an eye out! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

I need to get a few products and I love getting the extras at bonus time!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Officially got the main santa gift today. I have been putting in loads of overtime lately so I said I would cross it off the list. I got her the little tikes pink coupe and ordered a little personalised reg plate to go one back. I ordered her a minnie mouse track suit in the disney store last week on sale and also have a tent in for her. So she is pretty much done just one or two little bits to go with it i am thinking (a peppa pig remote control train? ) Eck so excited already...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,765 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

35820144_1819032154879122_5284750424987926528_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=51718c54977f4df45e361dff577fe7c1&oe=5BB0A31B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Expecting list: (updated)
    Mystery Egg
    Glitzgirl
    xDisneyDivax
    Attention Bebe

Feeling very Christmassy. For the first time in two years I am quiet in work, due to me handing in my notice so I am in full Christmas planning mode.

One of my cats in having kittens!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This day 6 months is Christmas Eve. We are half way there.

Mystery Egg
    Glitzgirl
    xDisneyDivax
    Attention Bebe
    AttentionBebe said she has a 4 week old baby, that's quick work if she's expecting again! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Mystery Egg
    Glitzgirl
    xDisneyDivax
    Attention Bebe

Feeling very Christmassy. For the first time in two years I am quiet in work, due to me handing in my notice so I am in full Christmas planning mode.

So will handing in your notice change your Christmas plans again?

Six months until the big day!!

The handing in the notice is part of why I cannot go home for Christmas, it may not be great to join a new firm and then take two weeks off. There are other factors too though.

Mystery Egg
    Glitzgirl
    xDisneyDivax

New Elves
    Attention Bebe (New baba)
    Freshpopcorns Kittens

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Was stuck watching the best of Late Late show at aunt's last Friday and it got me quite excited about Toy Show!! :D Assuming it is on 30th November this year, 22 weeks left!! ;)

I was looking photos of Christmas last year this morning when most people were probably planning what to do during the good weather!

I just watched Crimecall and the next episode won't be on until the end of September. I'm just thinking of all the Christmas things that will be out in the shops when it returns!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

27072627_1702314076500634_2542794977864623552_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=70a7f292831a8ca8562ee14252c0f22a&oe=5BA19118
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

The Vicar of Dibley and Only Fools and Horses Christmas specials have been on, now Die Hard is on! You wouldnt see this much Christmas TV on in December :)

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

One of colleagues left a treat on my desk with a wee note from the Elf! :D

185024-Happy-July.jpg

Last total Christmas free month guys. Next month we'll only be a weeks away from the Brown Thomas Christmas shop opening!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just gathering some energy to post I think most of me melted away the past week. #datheat

Beginning to get a bit panicky that I need to start planning more stuff. I have no idea what, so I think a present list is a start.

Skyping home and the family are all out the back bbqing. Hope the weather stays for the summer. Home in 19 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,891 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I know how you feel Jude. I’m normally much more organised than I am this year and now it’s July :eek:, how did that happen? There will be serious list making this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Christmas movies start tomorrow ... can't wait ! Great news for someone who has been told to rest up and take it easy lol ... wish I'd kept a tin of sweets now to open for tomorrow !

We have a new pup in our house too :) one of the reasons I've been so busy. She is an assistance dog in training and I spent the day googling Halloween and Christmas outfits for her for the family pics with the boys ! I'll see if I can attach a pic of her. She is only 7 months old and is massive already :o

I was in a chipper last night and they were playing Live Aid Do they know it's Christmas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

I just checked the calendar and Christmas Eve is on a Monday this year. That's so brilliant. I'd rather it be at the start of the week so we can all enjoy the weekend leading up to it before rather than it being at the end of the week like it's been the past few years. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭Mark Horgan

Where in the world are ye as it’s summer here and it’s a heatwave.

Where in the world are ye as it’s summer here and it’s a heatwave.
    We're in the Christmas forum.

You can head off and chat about the heatwave somewhere less festive. :)

DenMan wrote: »
    I just checked the calendar and Christmas Eve is on a Monday this year. That's so brilliant. I'd rather it be at the start of the week so we can all enjoy the weekend leading up to it before rather than it being at the end of the week like it's been the past few years. :)
    My workplace opens Christmas eve.
    This means I finish on Friday, have the weekend off, then have to come in on the Monday if I can't get it as an annual leave day. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Think Mr glitz is going to get stuck with a Christmas duty this year. I'm just hoping it's st Stephens day not Christmas day! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement