Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Beginning to regret only buying one Advent calendar. I mean, we only ever buy one and take turns but I've just realised that I'm a grown up and I can do whatever the hell I want so I should have bought 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Made a bash at my first cheesecake in the instant pot today. If it works out I'll be making it for Christmas as I don't actually like trifle which everyone else has!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'm just in. Long day, was in at 8am for breakfast with the staff. And by staff, I mean the cuddley ones. Mickey, Minnie, Donald Duck, Goofy. I like Goofy, we have similar traits.

Round two, and Winne the Pooh, eee aw, tigger and piglet came. Winnie and piglet, I missed, as I was getting coffee. Tigger then arrived, got photos, and then I did the jumpy up and down hug with him. The kids thought I was mad. Then the donkey came over. The is a bit like goofy, but on a larger scale. He turned around at one point, and I noticed his tail had what looked liked a pin holding the tail on, just like in the cartoons. It was hilarious, and tigger had just turned away. I went, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. The room erupted, tigger turned around, and both him and mise made a big deal out of pointing to the tail, posing for photos and pointing to it. Suppose it might have been better if I was in costume, but sure I'm too busy for a job there.

Eee aw then knocked over a table of our empties, with his big bum. But he pointed at me and shuffled away with his minder. The divil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Jude13 wrote: »
    No problem, its called acqua di parma blu mediterraneo, not sure exactly which one as that was all I could remember looking at the bottle brushing my teeth.

Thanks a million Jude! Gonna have to look for it and have a little sniff next time I go buy fragrances!

My heart is beating so fast right now in anticipation for tomorrow.. NATIONAL ADVENT CALENDAR OPENING CEREMONY!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy’s wearing her Santa hat!! It’s Christmas :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Woooooooooooo!

Ah sure, it's always Christmas in here anyway. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    Woooooooooooo!

Ah sure, it's always Christmas in here anyway. :D

True but now it’s extra Christmassy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Its%20night%20before%20its%20afternoon_%20December%20is%20here%20before%20its%20June_%20Dr%20Seuss.png?m=1469828306

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,755 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's can't believe that it's Advent calendar time!
    11150291075_a78aa78046_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Merry Advent Calendar Opening Day everyone!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Between the elf on the shelf coming today and the Advent calendar being opened I could hardly sleep with the excitement. My niece stayed in my house last night so I'm waiting for her and my daughter to wake up. I can't wait to see their faces when they see the elf on the shelf.

Happy December, Advent Calendar, Elf on the shelf and Toy Show Day :D

What a great day!! Explained the advent calendar to the two year old before we went downstairs and he says ‘Oh wow’ in this hushed voice completely unprompted and suuuuuper cute! I made up his advent calendar so down we went and he’s over the moon with his little roller and construction cones. Some things didn’t fit right into the calendar so he gets a ‘ticket to the tree’!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Happy Advent everyone. Lots of happiness and lots of tail wagging in our house this morning 🎄⛄️

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Happy Advent everyone. Lots of happiness and lots of tail wagging in our house this morning 🎄⛄️

I got the same Lindor advent calendar. :D

Happy December!

I’m listening to Today FM to hear the first Christmas song of the season. Very exciting.

I kinda regret not having an advent calendar for me lol. Any suggestions?

Happy December!

I’m listening to Today FM to hear the first Christmas song of the season. Very exciting.

And it’s All I Want For Christmas Is You!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Happy 1st of December everyone! And officially Christmas is a go!!!! :D:D We've kicked off this morning with our retro Advent Calendar & also the magnetic one from Educational Toys. Our Elf on the Shelf arrived this morning with the magnetic calendar! Our little one is simultaneously delighted & slightly terrified of the elf! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Dec 1st, so all bets are off, the crimbo tunes & mince pies are off & running!!
    We had intended putting up the tree & decorations next weekend but as we've so much on that weekend & the kids have been going nuts to get them up we've decided to do it tonight in time for the toy show which is the first time our two will watch it 'live' (up until now we've recorded it & they've watched it the next day) so christmas has officially started in our house.(earliest we've ever put the decorations up!! not sure about it TBH)

Bring it on!!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Great excitement this morning as we got to start our Christmas countdown tree and then when we checked the PNP app Santa had sent a message!!

Work Christmas party tonight so finished up early today to get ready.

Ooooh there's magic in the air this morning!! :)

Have a great night tonight Kitten K! :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Christmas playlist - ON
    Advent Calendar - OPEN
    Christmas profile pic updated on social media - DONE
    Christmas Tree and decorations up - THIS WEEKEND

Woo!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,950 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The heavy frost this morning made everywhere glisten , the Christmas Spirit is coming alive ☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Happy December! :D

Starting now, a pair of Christmas earrings shall be worn every day! It’s subtle enough to get away with in work too :D

Toy Show tonight but no tree as we won’t be getting the keys to the new house til next week so no point in putting up a tree here in the apartment. Hopefully next weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Happy 1st December to all....heading for spa night away with best buddy. Cant wait. Decorations in the hotel are usually fab....
    Have a great weekend and stay safe. xxx.

Happy 1st December to all....heading for spa night away with best buddy. Cant wait. Decorations in the hotel are usually fab....
    Have a great weekend and stay safe. xxx.

Buddy the elf??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Happy 1st of December everybody! THE TOY SHOW IS ON TONIGHT! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,755 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The theme for The Show is
    The Little Mermaid

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Just on the plane heading home. We're putting up the tree tonight, and making a start on the 6 washes, from all the clothes we brought with us. Recording the toy show for the kids to watch, when we head out on my Christmas party tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement