Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

I will be working the 26th this year as all workers in my job have to go in. Ill bring a big box of sweets tho lol I dont work Mondays so I will automatically have Christmas eve off and ive used my holiday to book off three weekends in December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

I will be taking off Christmas day and hopefully Stephens day, or working from home. I'll try and slip out early Christmas eve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Last total Christmas free month guys. Next month we'll only be a weeks away from the Brown Thomas Christmas shop opening!

With the good weather this year, what's the bet all the Bah Humbugs out there will be giving out stink when the BT Christmas shop opens next month, it will be the usual "Christmas just gets earlier and earlier every year!".
    Even though we know it doesn't. For me personally, I don't know why but the Christmas Countdown for me really starts on September 1st, maybe its because the schools are back open or it really starts to get chillier with the evenings getting shorter.

I think the shop opens too early also, doesn't stop me wandering in. Also its not plastered in peoples faces so just avoid it if you can.

I think I will start my online ordering next month as post/courier services here are so slow. I have something ordered in May still delivered and it has been at the sorting centre since 27 June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

For me, the shops do open a bit early.  I try to hold off on actually going into a christmas shop until November (it takes a lot of will power though) cos I really love Hallowe'en as well so I try to enjoy the run up to that.  But I still prep for Christmas from June - I have started my online ordering! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

I'm hoping to make mincemeat this month and get all of Christmas presents for 4 kids sorted this Saturday at Next sales

I'm hoping to make mincemeat this month and get all of Christmas presents for 4 kids sorted this Saturday at Next sales

Oh can you let me know your mincemeat recipe? I would love to make a pudding but no one in my house would eat it?

Oh can you let me know your mincemeat recipe? I would love to make a pudding but no one in my house would eat it?

My OH stumbled across the Sherlock Holmes Special last night on netflix, it was kind of Christmassy. A bit of snow and the story was weak but Im calling that the start of the Christmas watch list.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

ciara007 wrote: »

I just googled it and followed it- think it is this one https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/13377/traditional-mincemeat

I got Christmas presents for nieces & nephews sorted in Next sales online! :D Wasn't able to get sleepsuits or vests for baby though so debating whether to go in for 5am or not :eek:

• Advertisement

165 days to go on the Countdown, so its 200 days since last Christmas! I know this post is nonsense but its just the nerd in me coming out :)

Expecting list: (updated)
    Mystery Egg
    Glitzgirl
    xDisneyDivax
    Jude13's OH

New Elves
    Attention Bebe (New baba)
    Freshpopcorns Kittens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Congratulations Jude, great news :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I hope everyone is taking some time to enjoy Christmas in July movies! I'm loving them this year and I've heard they have new premiers for this year's Christmas line up too !

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I hope everyone is taking some time to enjoy Christmas in July movies! I'm loving them this year and I've heard they have new premiers for this year's Christmas line up too !

We get our telly through Virgin so don't have the channel :mad: Do you have it through Sky?

We get our telly through Virgin so don't have the channel :mad: Do you have it through Sky?

It's on true movies or movies 24 on sky. Ah no I thought all the channels were the same with virgin and sky?

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    It's on true movies or movies 24 on sky. Ah no I thought all the channels were the same with virgin and sky?

We do get True Movies but there are not Christmas movies on it, I even googled what channel Movies 24 is on Virgin but got nothing so they must not carry it, ah well hope you're enjoying the films anyway. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Jude13 wrote: »
    Expecting list: (updated)
    Mystery Egg
    Glitzgirl
    xDisneyDivax
    Jude13's OH

New Elves
    Attention Bebe (New baba)
    Freshpopcorns Kittens

Fantastic news, huge congrats to you both!!
    Life will never be the same again ;)
    Delighted for you.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,891 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Congratulations to you and your Oh Jude, great news 😀

Oh Jude congrats to you and your partner! Just seen the updated list :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Congrats Jude!

Now we know what the elves do in the off season :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Bought a Christmas pressie today! Was in St Anne's at the Rose festival and got a gorgeous box with jams, marmalade and butterscotch sauce for my neighbors from Big Red Kitchen. I always find it really hard to know what to get for neighbours after the first few years so thought this would be nice :) So that's 2 presents bought so far :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Mini Egg arrived on Thursday night. He's perfect. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Congratulations, wonderful news

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ah congrats!! Delighted for you.

Congrats !! X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,891 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Many congratulations to you both :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Congratulations on all the new and impending arrivals!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,765 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I noticed Brown Thomas are having a sale. I wonder what stock they are trying to make room for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Congratulations to you all :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement