Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭Jennehy

The weather feels so Christmassy today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Congratulations Mystery Egg !
    And everyone else awaiting their bundles of joy :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jennehy wrote: »
    The weather feels so Christmassy today.

Completely agree. I was mulling over what to do with the Christmas holidays earlier. When the sun is out it’s so hard to focus on Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,765 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The World Cup in 2022 will be on from November 21st - December 18th. It might mess up some Christmas programs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Mini Egg arrived on Thursday night. He's perfect. :)

Congrats!!! I hope you are all well.

Thanks for the congrats my end, its the reason we are not traveling home for Christmas this year, it was just too early to tell people. Due end of Jan/very early Feb.

Home this Thursday for a few weeks so need to pick up allot of stuff, mountain/yo yo buggy (no idea) and all our christmas stuff as its here this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Didn't log on over the weekend and missed all the baby news!

Congratulations Mystery Egg - hope all is well! Enjoy it all!

Congrats Jude & your OH - hope your OH is feeling well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Congrats Jude & Mystery Egg, very exciting!!

Cheers Cheerlouth, she has quite a bit of morning sickness which depending on which old tale you believe that can mean either a boy or a girl. So a new elf for Christmas 2019.

Went to candilicous at lunchtime, always reminds me of Christmas as I buy stuff to fill my nephews stockings in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Congrats Jude and your OH - now we know why you were so sure you weren't coming home this year. 
    Congrats Mystery Egg too & welcome to your new elf. 
    With the grey weather yesterday, I sat down and watched two Christmas films that I had recorded during the week and had a hot chocolate with marshmallows - it was great.  I was rooting for something for dinner in the freezer and found some mince pies I had forgotten about - so thinking I'll have to take them out for rudolph day next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Congrats Mystery Egg! And Jude13 - great news!!

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Love this idea. Shame it’s only for John Lewis. Quality street are my favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

I like the idea of this!

Wow, that sounds amazing!! Wonder if we could order online? So which would ye choose??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    Wow, that sounds amazing!! Wonder if we could order online? So which would ye choose??

Definitely a mix of orange and strawberry. Yum!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Congratulations Mystery Egg on the new arrival. :)

And congrats on your exciting news, Jude!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The caramel swirl, the purple one, green triangles and the fudge would be my main 4 contenders, with a few strawberries thrown into the mix. :D

I'm not sure but I'd like if they did it with all the sweats.
    If be happy to rid of the coffee and strawberry ones for sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

jellybear wrote:
    Definitely a mix of orange and strawberry. Yum!!

They're my favs too, and people tell me I'm weird!!

They’re My favourite too guys we’re gonna n good company!

Cheers again for all the congrats.

Jellybear, Shadow and Loughc, you're animals, orange and strawberry, yuck! Nearly as bad as saying you prefer roses to QS.

I'm with Posy on this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

I'd have all the chewy sweets -toffee penny, toffee finger and the coconut one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Not a huge fan of quality street, but I’d be okay with a tin of green triangles and orange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I'd have anything but the orange and strawberry! I love QS - get a tin every Christmas & eat them all myself practically cos Mr. CL does not like chocolate :eek::eek::eek:

Roses have gone down hill in the last few years - I don't even bother with them anymore.

Staph wrote: »
    I'd have all the chewy sweets -toffee penny, toffee finger and the coconut one.

The coconut one is the devil!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Yuck! Literally the only 2 in the QS tin I wont touch. The rest I'll joyously tuck into!!:D

Personally I'd prefer if they just brought back the bigger tims instead of the little plastic tubs... we must have gone through half a dozen of them on the run up to christmas last year & with the older tins we never splurged to that extent!

Promise to self, dont eat to many quality street this Christmas*

*yeah right!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »

Nooooooo!:eek:

Coconut, coffee & toffee all the way!!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Loughc wrote: »

No, it's totally delicious :pac:

What I'm really amused at, is the amount of people who love the orange, strawberry and coffee creams. They are always left over in my family.

The real villains are not the people to eat the stragler sweats, orange and such, but those who put the wrapper back in the tin.

Jude13 wrote: »
    The real villains are not the people to eat the stragler sweats, orange and such, but those who put the wrapper back in the tin.

Not very Christmassy behaviour :mad:

• Advertisement

The worst is in an after eights box when you think there are some left.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement