Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Loughc wrote: »
    Shadow1983 wrote: »
    They're my favs too, and people tell me I'm weird!!

They’re My favourite too guys we’re gonna n good company!
    And me three!!!  They had boxes of just cremes there about two years ago - they were amazing!!  Can't remember if they made it here - I got mine in Scotland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Jude13 wrote: »
    The real villains are not the people to eat the stragler sweats, orange and such, but those who put the wrapper back in the tin.

Definite red card offence that one!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Jude13 wrote: »
    The worst is in an after eights box when you think there are some left.

Oh you are right, that is heart breaking :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,765 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I heard somewhere Argos is meant to have an okay sale on toys. Don't know much about it tough.

I'm always dubious about the Argos toy sale especially when they do the 3for2 offer - I think they increase the prices of the toys in the weeks before the sale and then mark them down so you aren't really saving anything.

• Advertisement

The Mrs got an email today about christmas bookings for the Santa Experience at Causey Farm being available to book from August 1st. That sounded early to me but she reminded me that we booked Palmerstown House at the end of August last year & couldnt get a booking for a weekend closer than the end of November.

Just checked there & Palmerstown House is already taking bookings for their christmas experience 2018.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

What's the Causey Farm Christmas like, DvB? We went to Pooka Spooka last year and were very disappointed with it.

CheerLouth wrote: »
    What's the Causey Farm Christmas like, DvB? We went to Pooka Spooka last year and were very disappointed with it.

No idea, never been. It has been recommended to us by a few people though hence registering interest for this year. My sister swore it was the best of all the different ones they'd gone to & she's notoriously difficult to please:)

The last 2 years we've brought the kids to Palmerstown House (Santa Express) which we've thoroughly enjoyed, but we just fancied something different this year as we're all too aware that as the kids grow up the trips to see santa will be coming to an end soon so we're trying to mix it up as best we can.

On that note, dreading the days the kids call it a day with the whole santa thing, have loved having young children at christmas as its really reinvented christmas for me, already seeing the first signs of them considering themselves too old for it thanks to their friends but we're doing our best to keep it magical for as long as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Hi again everyone ! My own personal countdown starts here, as I just bought my flight home for this Christmas. Got a decent price (last year I waited till early Sept and it was daylight robbery). Mind you, I am still in Summer mode as still have to go on holiday, and want to enjoy as much heat and light as possible. Will be getting excited properly about Christmas from early Sept onwards.

otnomart wrote: »
    Hi again everyone ! My own personal countdown starts here, as I just bought my flight home for this Christmas. Got a decent price (last year I waited till early Sept and it was daylight robbery). Mind you, I am still in Summer mode as still have to go on holiday, and want to enjoy as much heat and light as possible. Will be getting excited properly about Christmas from early Sept onwards.

I always find with a holiday to come its hard to think beyond that towards christmas. I was feeling similar until we got back from our sun holiday last week, since then I've found myself thinking more about christmas though. Like yourself it'll be later in the year before it really kicks in though.

Enjoy the holiday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Bit of a random one but anyone know of anywhere selling warm LED christmas lights these days? We're heading camping next week and our tent has a little sitting room kind of area and I'd love to string some fairy lights up, make it look pretty. We have an electrical hookup so plugs or batteries are fine- ideally though we want a decent sized string of them, most battery ones have like 5 lights or something!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

You could try the Beech Vista garden centre near Dog's Trust in Finglas. They have a huge all year round Christmas shop. Maybe give them a ring first to see if they have them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

jellybear wrote: »
    You could try the Beech Vista garden centre near Dog's Trust in Finglas. They have a huge all year round Christmas shop. Maybe give them a ring first to see if they have them :)

tumblr_mmqrsr9k551qgbp1jo1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

I thought you might like that :D

You might pick up lights in various DIY places, garden centres but they'd be called party lights.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

5 months to go folks. Loving this time of year. The buildup to the new year goes from 0 to 100 soon.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Once it hits August, I'm going into overdrive!!
    My summer holidays are over now, so Christmas will be the next Big Thing.

Looking forward to the BT Christmas shop opening. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

5 months today folks - anyone else excited??? I pointed it out to my scrooge like colleague this morning just to annoy them.....got the reaction I expected :D:D

chuckles30 wrote: »
    5 months today folks - anyone else excited??? I pointed it out to my scrooge like colleague this morning just to annoy them.....got the reaction I expected :D:D

Cant believe how fast the last few months have gone. I have a feeling once we get to September & the kids are back to school we wont see the weeks flying by.

I suspect being really busy in work has helped the year fly by (not counting January which was a stretch and a half of a month....) and with no sign of that letting up I dont see it slowing down.

LIke yourself I mention the 'C' word every now & again in work & they are literally all 'bah humbugs'... bit of a downer there's no one else in work to buzz off about christmas stuff, but what can you do, we're a dying breed:D

I mentioned it last week at work & found a fellow kindred spririt! Someone else who had started their shopping - I'm not sure they are quite as into Christmas as me but it's a start :D

• Advertisement

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I mentioned it last week at work & found a fellow kindred spririt! Someone else who had started their shopping - I'm not sure they are quite as into Christmas as me but it's a start :D

I rely on you nice folk here... its almost a form of counselling!! :D

There used to be a couple of others who were christmas fanatics in here but they both left in the last year or so & have left me as the sole beacon of light in a dark sea of humbugs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

My sister was admiring my bird feeder....it has loads of different stations on it for different types of feeders....
    my Christmas head went...bing bing.....Christmas present sorted for her ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Omg, it’s pouring out and it’s dark....feels so...Christmassy!!!

leahyl wrote: »
    Omg, it’s pouring out and it’s dark....feels so...Christmassy!!!

Came here to post similar. It feels like an Autumn shower.

Argos Autumn/Winter catalogue is due out this weekend!

37796171_2142297215780797_1664962149811748864_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=363fb840777e746079cac80471e55807&oe=5BDB70A1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

37796171_2142297215780797_1664962149811748864_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=363fb840777e746079cac80471e55807&oe=5BDB70A1

OMG I LOVE THOSE!! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

They are deadly!! :)

Circle K(Topaz) opened a new store Today and they had a Christmas in July theme for opening.
    37815571_2206988905995600_1373989437041541120_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=d1eb129cb86187871c0e1f30e195d78a&oe=5C12C634
    37868284_2206989109328913_6613203506360745984_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=d497daa9946e3c022e03d141a8b6b571&oe=5BD45004
    37859497_2206989115995579_6910713460003176448_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=497efd9e9e09a22a7277eb5446a533f8&oe=5C0F3529
    37877620_2206989195995571_8143740811964579840_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=10bb2f4649f26719d93209869744bb93&oe=5C0B59AB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Home from work and watching daddy's home 2 loving all the xmas decorations

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement