Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Feeling xmasy again today. I am batch cooking for the week the baby is finally down for a nap and the rain is pouring outside so I lit my Christmas memories yankee candle and I am watching bad mom's christmas... bliss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,765 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

38071502_2003739062991782_4398376948707885056_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=c8bcc13a02b12f82ecec3fc65c208c60&oe=5BCF6F86

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I need some Christmas cheer in my life - the company I work(ed) for has closed down & for the first time, I find myself with no job & no real idea of how the flip I'm going to get another one! I have zero cheer at the minute :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh no! :(

I'm so sorry to hear that.

I would love a mince pie! Think if I bought a jar of mincemeat, would the OH make some?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

A little robin has told me the BT Christmas Shop will be opened In just under 3 weeks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I need some Christmas cheer in my life - the company I work(ed) for has closed down & for the first time, I find myself with no job & no real idea of how the flip I'm going to get another one! I have zero cheer at the minute :(

Oh no!! That’s awful. Think of it as an opportunity, it may lead to a even better suited job for you now.

I really hope something comes up for you! If not we’ll have to try and come up with a year round Christmas job.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

We will start sending CVs to the North Pole. :)
    washiskin wrote: »
    A little robin has told me the BT Christmas Shop will be opened In just under 3 weeks.
    Yep! It's normally open about 15th/16th August. Excite. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,891 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Sorry to hear that Cheerlouth. Hopefully something good turns up for you.

Sorry to hear that. Most things seem to work out in the end. You might be able to get help on other forums here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Sorry to hear that.
    Any chance you could apply for some of the seasonal work that comes around this time of year? A lot of places (An Post for example) take on staff for 3 or 4 months around the christmas period , perhaps something like that would help until a more permanent job comes around? Maybe ring around a few agencies and see whats available for temp/permanent positions.

Fingers crossed something turns up soon though. I've been there myself in the past & know how it feels.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

c906683a113d76fb1795660685b5fc10.jpg

At the risk of getting shot down here (I know its been debated in the past) as far as I'm concerned today is the first day of Autumn (we were taught autumn was Aug/Sept/Oct) so happy Autumn folks!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Santa bookings open today for causey farm. I booked it for the 8th of December I cannot wait!!! 50 beans for myself and the hubby and Avapops but will be worth every penny!

ciara007 wrote: »
    Santa bookings open today for causey farm. I booked it for the 8th of December I cannot wait!!! 50 beans for myself and the hubby and Avapops but will be worth every penny!

Gas, my Mrs just mailed me a few minutes ago to say she's booked Causey for Sunday Dec 2nd.

That's our christmas countdown officially launched!!

Haha brilliant we had a great time last year so I have been looking forward to booking it again! My co workers think im mad...

ciara007 wrote: »
    Haha brilliant we had a great time last year so I have been looking forward to booking it again! My co workers think im mad...

Its our first time to go there. Went to Palmerstown house the last 2 years & fancied a change, despite having a great time. Have heard good & bad things about Causey but my sister who's notoriously difficult to please thought it was great so that'll do for us!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I need some Christmas cheer in my life - the company I work(ed) for has closed down & for the first time, I find myself with no job & no real idea of how the flip I'm going to get another one!  I have zero cheer at the minute :(
    Oh no - sorry to hear that.  Get the CV dusted off, spruced up and up to date and start having a look at what is out there.  Get everyone you know to keep their ears open for any opportunities that they may hear of.  Not sure what area you work in, but I've noticed recently that there are job opportunities being posted on facebook.  Also remember agencies, linked in, local papers and websites etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Meeting in work today and after a quick chat about cost we got the go ahead to book the staff Christmas Party! Can't wait already :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Hello Christmas forum can't remember when I posted her last probably just after Christmas or early this year. Anyway won't get to Brown Thomas on the 3rd Thursday or whatever day it opens as I'm on a CE scheme for the last few weeks so extra money for this year. 100% will head up a few times probably before the big day. How is everyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Oh no - sorry to hear that.  Get the CV dusted off, spruced up and up to date and start having a look at what is out there.  Get everyone you know to keep their ears open for any opportunities that they may hear of.  Not sure what area you work in, but I've noticed recently that there are job opportunities being posted on facebook.  Also remember agencies, linked in, local papers and websites etc

Thanks everyone. I'm feeling a bit better about it now. Have the CV dusted off, have applied for a couple of jobs and a couple of interviews lined up so fingers crossed, I won't be out of work for too long! It's not the end of the world :)

Thanks everyone. I'm feeling a bit better about it now. Have the CV dusted off, have applied for a couple of jobs and a couple of interviews lined up so fingers crossed, I won't be out of work for too long! It's not the end of the world :)

Nice one.
    Well done for keeping the chin up, you'll be sorted before you know it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Thanks for the recommendations for causey farm, booked our santa visit today! Only have to wait 127 days!

On the being out of work issue, I work in recruitment and it’s a candidate market, so trust me it won’t be long lasting, enjoy the time off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

Lost my job for a few months this year. Finally back to work in 2 more weeks. Some times were tough, but I was just so glad that it wasn’t at Christmas time. Let as many people as you can know how you are as they might know something or someone looking for someone. Good luck

I can't believe that this time next month that,
    They'll be only one more Bank Holiday Weekend.
    Schools will be back.
    All Ireland's played.
    Rose of Tralee finished.
    Late Late Show back or nearly back.
    Most Strictly celebs announced and may be back.
    Only three more 1st of the months.
    Brown Thomas Christmas shop open.
    Possible tubs of sweets out in supermarkets.
    And you can say it's Autumn.

On the 25th of June I sent a picture of our Christmas tree to my mother at about 8AM and I wrote underneath it six months to go.
    When she got the message tough she sprung out of bed thinking I put up the tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

My mother has the Christmas shopping done... Last month... She needs to be put in a padded room in a straight jacket.. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

job seeker wrote: »
    My mother has the Christmas shopping done... Last month... She needs to be put in a padded room in a straight jacket.. :D

She shouldn’t. It’s pretty full in here with the rest of us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Hi guys, long time no post. I got a little campervan this summer so have been focused on doing summery stuff and travelling about in our Pac-van. (It's a pac-man themed van.) Though obviously, I've still been tipping away with Christmas organising and picking things up here and there. Every year as I do this I keep a list on my computer of everything I've bought and who it's for. This includes the list for S's birthday in November. But somehow I managed to completely forget to do that this year. I knew there were bits and pieces I needed to update on the list but didn't think it was much. Last week I found a bag of stuff I'd forgot about in the wardrobe and decided to add that to the list and the few other bits I thought I hadn't added but when I looked on my laptop I realised I've actually not done it at all! So now I have to work out everything I've bought all year and hope I don't forget anything good.

• Advertisement

I ended up changing out clontarf castle booking to the night that we go and see santa in Causey farm was thinking we would just make a christmas night out of it and bring the little one with us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement