Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,769 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

40253614_10212525760960295_3272156770448965632_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=79c3c7444d95c38794b7c8919643840d&oe=5C300A41

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Congratulations Cheerlouth, delighted for you!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I'm back, Folks! New job, new lease of life in me for Christmas and all things winter :D:D:D

On the countdown to Hallowe'en at the min - but Christmas at the back of my mind as always!

Brilliant news. Delighted for you 😀🎅🏻🎄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Posy wrote: »
    Oh.
    The back of your mind. I see. That's fine. :|

More to the side tbh :cool: :D

I have this morning convinced Mr. CL to get the matching Christmas PJs for the whole family :D:D Anyone any idea where one might get them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Welcome back and congratulations cheerlouth - best of luck with the new job

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I have this morning convinced Mr. CL to get the matching Christmas PJs for the whole family :D:D Anyone any idea where one might get them?

Penney's is usually a good spot for Christmas PJs. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 newmem

Selection of matching xmas pjs available on amazon.:)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_12?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=matching+xmas+family+pjs&sprefix=matching+xma%2Caps%2C134&crid=2N0KJXKYOEH4A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Hi everyone,
    Came back from summer hols to shorter days and a chill in the air.
    Shops are just bringing out the new clothers collection but still no Christmas merchandise (nor even Halloween's :( ) here.
    I bought my Christmas flights before I went on hols, so don't have to worry about them, and ready to enjoy the Autumn which I find so atmospheric.
    Drinking lots of herbal teas at the moment, does anyone know a good Christmassy type ?

otnomart wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    Came back from summer hols to shorter days and a chill in the air.
    Shops are just bringing out the new clothers collection but still no Christmas merchandise (nor even Halloween's :( ) here.
    I bought my Christmas flights before I went on hols, so don't have to worry about them, and ready to enjoy the Autumn which I find so atmospheric.
    Drinking lots of herbal teas at the moment, does anyone know a good Christmassy type ?

We need to get rid of that back to school crap first.
    I live in a smaller town so not things don't come out as early.
    Last year the first Christmas item I spotted was
    Mince meat in Aldi on September 1st.
    Tubs of sweets in Tesco on the 12th.
    Gift Sets Tesco September 13th.
    Cake Mixes/Christmas baking Tesco 15th
    Frozen Party Food Tesco 20th.
    Aldi Christmas food October 3rd.
    Christmas Lottery Tickets October 6th.
    PS, I don't remember the dates but take photos when I see things.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I was just thinking recently does anybody here do anything for Thanksgiving or experienced it over in the USA?

I literally heard on a podcast this morning someone refer to Thanksgiven as the original Brexit. I thought it was pretty funny.

• Advertisement

So today I learned that Rusty in National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation is played by the same actor who would go on to play Leonard in The Big Bang Theory!!

2h7j33o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

I have to be in work an hour earlier on Thursdays than usual so when I got up at 5:45 this morning this week i noticed how dark it was, days are really starting to close in.

This morning I noticed that Christmas emojis are back on Skype !

Are any elves here handy with Graphic Design/Photoshop? I haven't a clue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,449 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I have to be in work an hour earlier on Thursdays than usual so when I got up at 5:45 this morning this week i noticed how dark it was, days are really starting to close in.

I get up at 5.45am mon-Fri & I can assure you its been dark at that time for a few weeks now (2 or 3 anyway)
    The long winter nights are in the post!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Wow. Just saw someone share this on a christmas fb page. you can get them through Amazon. price says 21.00 but there's bound to be more sellers with cheaper prices, popping up with Christmas approaching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Stg£15 on Cadbury Gifts Direct with £3.95p&p....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

gidget wrote: »
    Wow. Just saw someone share this on a christmas fb page. you can get them through Amazon. price says 21.00 but there's bound to be more sellers with cheaper prices, popping up with Christmas approaching.

That looks amazing :D

starts-in-september1.jpg

4 months left in the year lads. Whaaaat

• Advertisement

I think those Halloween HQ shops are reopening soon!

36701886_1883409028391137_1394984190667128832_o.png.jpg?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=5a3a9dbd3ef717ad4d242a0fb4dad157&oe=5C2D725E

It won't be long now until the order now to receive your sofa for Christmas!

I was also looking at the calendar and was realised that we've two thirds of the year done.
    Also, I amazed at how fast June, July and August went. I'm just thinking that if the next three months fly we'll be in December before you know it. And every day things will be getting a little more Christmassy.

Had an Oreo coffee this morning in one of my fave independent coffee shops.
    First fancy coffee of the season ! Might become a weekly thing

otnomart wrote: »
    Had an Oreo coffee this morning in one of my fave independent coffee shops.
    First fancy coffee of the season ! Might become a weekly thing

Ooooh the fancy hot chocolates are one of my favourite part of the season. Love your coffee of the week idea too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Just because I love this film....

ipysyt.jpg

So my movie choice of the night is “Office Christmas Party” the season has begun! :D

• Advertisement

Has any of you guys bought anyrhing off Wish.com?
    I was looking at a few bits. I know quality might be an issue but I'm mainly wondering about delivery.
    Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement