Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,755 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I really find this year with Christmas Eve being on a Sunday that they are only three weekends left that you can do stuff!

I meant to post this sooner. Christmas puddings mixed!

24174386_1738788372821049_8453251448711419609_n.jpg?oh=5112d17ced85e59ce65b7d58a215183a&oe=5A936253

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I really find this year with Christmas Eve being on a Sunday that they are only three weekends left that you can do stuff!

Agreed. I just copped that because we’re in Mayo with my parents the weekend before Christmas I have to be finished this week and next week!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

I meant to post this sooner. Christmas puddings mixed!

Ahhhh, the memories, giving the pud a stir with my nan.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

Next week at Aldi 7th they have a good bit of Pet food for Christmas.
    They've a
    3 course meal for dogs/4 for cats.
    Christmas puddings for dogs.
    Festive dinner for cats
    A drink called Pawsecco a herbal drink cats/dogs.
    Bottom Sniffer beer for dogs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Day booked off to put up the trees but they were well up earlier in the week so popped to Penney’s for some new pjs for tonight! Super excited for it to get dark so I can turn on the trees to see how it all looks

Takeaway, bottle of bubbly and toy show, bliss

Just saw there's going to be an exclusive about The Toy Show on Today this Afternoon at 4:15!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I’m home alone tonight so I had the nicest Indian takeaway, baked some brownies and now I’m on the couch watching a film I recorded on Christmas 24 while I wait for the Toy Show.

I’m feeling very Christmassy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I was so giddy in work today no concentration at all today listened to Christmas fm all day,
    I know what your are saying fellow elves about so little weekends left I only realised that myself when I was planning drinks with friends of ours
    I'm on the sofa now catching up on posts here I've been busy the last few days doing my mothers tree and had hospital appointments with her
    I've just finished my kitchen presses garland this evening I've wrote my shopping list for town tomorrow to get the last of my present hopefully planning to head in first thing then myself and my mother are going to watch some Christmas movies for the afternoon in her house
    Enjoy all the parties this weekend Elves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I'm in my new Christmas PJs as I drink my wine and peanuts on the couch. I'm so excited. Hope it doesn't disappoint. I wish someone here was going especially me!!! Enjoy the Toyshow!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm in my new Christmas PJs as I drink my wine and peanuts on the couch. I'm so excited. Hope it doesn't disappoint. I wish someone here was going especially me!!! Enjoy the Toyshow!

Just finished our pizza. We have crisps, nuts, brownies and cider in the fridge. It’s going to be a good night :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Happy December elves !!!

Am loving listening to christmas fm in the car. Have taken on a huge development project so havent been checking in as much. :p

Our elf jingles arrived tonight. Set up thr table as he does with goodies for all the family. Were all in pjs waiting to watch the toy show !

Just looked over and youngest glitz has just fallen asleep :pac: god love him didn't make it at all :p enjoy your night all !

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Happy December!!! Hope all of yas are enjoying Toy Show tonight and feeling super Christmassy!! :D:D:D xx

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Well what did we all think of the Toy Show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I think knits very good just lacking in Christmas songs.

It was excellent. Ryan Tubridy is so good with the kids. Some of the people in the audience looked a bit miserable though.

The part with the dad was so cute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Toto I was totally thinking the same miserable looking definitely only there for the freebies
    I really enjoyed it I thought it was abit different this year loved the extras like the dad coming home from the army and the book kids getting their dreams come true,

I might be biased but I loved the Deaf kids part! I thought it was pity they didn't get more airtime! Diversity is the key! ;) And of course the Daddy part- I just started crying and said that is what Christmas is about!! <3 I have to second the audience part- I kept telling Mr Disney that we should be there we'd be like kids on Christmas morning ha! And I thought wee Tadgh was hilarious althoug I wouldn't like to know what his poor parents were thinking at time lol

Same opinion here. The dad were the best part for me. My poor wife was an emotional wreck after it.

The audience looked so miserable. Time for us to petition for a Christmas Forum audience only.

Loughc wrote: »
    The audience looked so miserable. Time for us to petition for a Christmas Forum audience only.

I would also be willing to take part in the bike section.

• Advertisement

Yep, totally agree, not a fan but Tubbs made the show one of the best.
    Audience were mixed from miserable to great, yer one with the slime was hilarious, seriously need some christmas spirit profiling there, impressed though, the kids were great except for the musicals, still believe it should be for everyday kids not stage schoolers.

Loughc wrote: »

Be very careful when you start a petition it can end up all over the internet/radio stations/discussed on tv/etc. :)

Be very careful when you start a petition it can end up all over the internet/radio stations/discussed on tv/etc.

Bring it, we could out christmassy the best.

Or else we could start a boards.ie's version of Toy Show! ;) Speaking of which, what happened to Tv3's version? I didn't watch it at all because subtitles were non existent as usual on that channel

Or else we could start a boards.ie's version of Toy Show! ;) Speaking of which, what happened to Tv3's version? I didn't watch it at all because subtitles were non existent as usual on that channel

It got dropped due to low ratings.

Loughc wrote:
    It got dropped due to low ratings.

Was bad, really bad, tv3 didn't help it at all blowing all the budget on the presenters.

Glad I didn't waste my time watching it then by the sound of it ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Ah lads I thoroughly enjoyed it. Tubs was in fine form and the reviewers were amazing! I felt it went very quickly last night.

We put up the tree yesterday and so watched it in a lovely Christmassy glow. :)

I had great plans for mulled wine and treats but by the time the decorations were done all I could do was collapse on the couch!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Ah lads I thoroughly enjoyed it. Tubs was in fine form and the reviewers were amazing! I felt it went very quickly last night.

I had great plans for mulled wine and treats but by the time the decorations were done all I could do was collapse on the couch!

I think the show itself was amazing, the feels THE FEELS THE FEELS!!!!! Between the little girl going to Legoland with all her family, Army Dad coming home, the look on the little boy's face at getting the chance to go training with the Galway hurling team, the book kids dreams-come-true...
    The audience on the other hand... Case in point, the slime section. There were more than a few disgruntled heads at getting slimed even though you have to expect that at some stage of the show, it happens every year! As someone else said, they were there for the freebies and nothing more :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

We were all organised for it. Pizza ordered and we were ensconced on the couch by 9.20 in eager anticipation of a great show. Maybe I had my Grinch had on but I thought it was truly awful. Not one of us thought it was good. Gutted 😩😩

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement