Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Never too soon. Should’ve been sorted at first interview
    Haha definitely. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

I think I will hold fire for a bit.

I do need some help from the elves here, as I will not be home for Chrimbo I want to send hand written cards to people at home. As the postal system here is useless I will be writing them here, sending them home with a relative who will stick on stamps (which I am trying to buy online).

Also any ideas on how to make Christmas away easier or more Irish.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,770 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Dhe1HlWWsAA1yRI.png:large

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We are down to double digits now folks!

• Advertisement

da2adcb17d9bdd6ddcb55c455814536f.jpg

Posy wrote: »
    da2adcb17d9bdd6ddcb55c455814536f.jpg

Good luck trying to post a picture in 30 days times... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Happy 99 days to Christmas, elves! :)

washiskin wrote: »
    Happy 99 days to Christmas, elves! :)

Pretty much how I feel today.

giphy.gif

Ah now I get it, 99. Not enough coffee yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

:D:D:D I'm so excited already :D:D I'm saving Lemax christmas village bits to my Amazon Wish List like crazy!

42044956_2096748320358384_1447055115738415104_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=54f9ac9a277b877bc1a43d7a832f757d&oe=5C62FDB6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

I keep stumbling on christmas articles !
    "Fir real: how to eat your Christmas tree" and a recipe for "Christmas shortbread biscuits" https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2018/sep/17/fir-real-how-to-eat-your-christmas-tree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Really seeing loads more activity in this forum already and we're still only half way through September, love coming in to work & seeing all the threads with new posts...
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Really seeing loads more activity in this forum already and we're still only half way through September, love coming in to work & seeing all the threads with new posts...

Me too!! It really cheers me up. I notice Monday is the peak posting day for some reason :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Have had a crazy few days at work - hopefully getting back to normal now, but even having a quick dip into this forum has been keeping me sane. 
    I was in the Range in Limerick on Friday and they were still setting up their Christmas displays, but I was having a good old nosey where I could!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

For someone who rrrreeeeaallllly loves Christmas, but has absolutely everything already...

This.

Ditto, it brightens a dreary Sunday morning (first day of the week here) when I know all my loved ones have a few hours sleep ahead of them and then no work. Its offset seeing what the boardies have posted on a Friday and Saturday.

My local Tesco is starting to stock Frozen Party Food!
    41889668_2097839046915978_7406021118781292544_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=891c7f25ace534719ec9360cf482da66&oe=5C16EB85

Oooooohhhh I love a bit of party food. They look amazing!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

XMAS CAME EARLY Sneak peek of this year’s magical M&S Christmas advert shows snow scattered over London’s Bond Street :D Doesnt give much away but nice to see

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/7270631/ms-christmas-advert-preview-camel-coat/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

In my part of the World, I noticed some pâté back on the shelves.
    Had a look at the nuts and dried fruit selection, and was very bare, mostly left-overs from previous season.
    Can't wait to eat again some nice walnuts and the rest of it.

XMAS CAME EARLY Sneak peek of this year’s magical M&S Christmas advert shows snow scattered over London’s Bond Street :D Doesnt give much away but nice to see

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/7270631/ms-christmas-advert-preview-camel-coat/

Website is blocked here, initially I was thinking that I would keep it as a surprise but I couldn't resist.

I received an email this morning that one of the Christmas books I ordered will be delivered to the office today or tomorrow. I bought three or four hardback childrens books, Rudolph, night before Christmas etc, to read to the new baby. I was so excited until the OH reminded me that the due date is in Jan. So I will be reading them to a bump.

Never too early to start reading, especially books about Christmas. :D

We all here, present and accounted for? Did anyone get blown away?

It's so windy out there today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Loughc wrote: »

I’m in the Algarve. It’s lovely here 😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was blown sideways on the quays, and then really struggled to walk any further.

I pretended that the flying leaves and other debris were snowflakes though so that was nice.

Cork Lass wrote: »
    I’m in the Algarve. It’s lovely here 😎

Not jealous at all, cause if the wind keeps up it wont be long until we're in the Algarve ourselves! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Not jealous at all, cause if the wind keeps up it wont be long until we're in the Algarve ourselves! :pac:

Great, I’ll get the first round 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Few leaves & twigs to the face on the walk from the train station to the office but other than that no harm done.
    Have to say the train journey in was interesting though, on the more exposed sections the carriage was rocking way more than normal from side to side when we were stopped... takes a fairly strong wind to do that.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement