Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Little bit of a sandstorm this morning but seems to have cleared. Its cool enough, low to mid 30's, to jog outside now which will mean I can eat more.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jude13 wrote: »
    low to mid 30's, to jog outside now which will mean I can eat more.

I like this thinking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Woo hoo just booked 3 nights in Vienna for the Christmas markets and for our 1st wedding anniversary in November!

I knew a Christmastime wedding would reap benefits even after it was finished! We have a legit excuse every year to go away from now on! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,770 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

42130596_2098996666800216_971974326267936768_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=c027fe30b81d8571ae11ec4654eb9c87&oe=5C2419EE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Woo hoo just booked 3 nights in Vienna for the Christmas markets and for our 1st wedding anniversary in November!

I knew a Christmastime wedding would reap benefits even after it was finished! We have a legit excuse every year to go away from now on! :pac::pac::pac:

Very nice. My brother and I went to Vienna about 10 years ago and they were just setting up the Christmas markets when we were leaving. It was a few days before Halloween. They looked beautiful. Enjoy! :)

• Advertisement

42085865_2098996790133537_4169575489570078720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=795cd9a17f7ba4ee0bbbe137962a5d6f&oe=5C28D98C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

I need new Christmas tree lights, about 500 for 6ft tree ( white if possible) an suggestions please! Not coloured or flickering lights

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Valyawl wrote: »
    I need new Christmas tree lights, about 500 for 6ft tree ( white if possible) an suggestions please! Not coloured or flickering lights

Homestore and more are your friend. also if you wait until Nov/Dec they have lights on sale for half price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Thank you loughc !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Off work sick and currently lying on the couch watching Miracle in 34th Street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Sorry to hear you're ill but hope the best movie santa ever eases the ills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Christmas movies are even better than flat 7up for curing illnesses.

I was just listening to the Scott Mills podcast from yesterday (there's a very entertaining chat with a girl who is going on her first flight soon and thinks there are traffic lights in the sky) and someone called in to ask when he'll be playing the first Christmas song. Apparently he played it on the 17th last year so he's already late! He said he'll play one today. 1-4 on BBC Radio One if anyone fancies trying to catch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Jude13 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you're ill but hope the best movie santa ever eases the ills.

Thanks think it is it’s a bug. However I am having a small op next week so will have more days off to watch more Christmas movies!!

Oooh I think your gonna really love it! I went a few years ago and it was amazing!! I got so lucky because my whole family wanted to send my mum over to the markets for her 60th and since I was going with her I got my entire trip paid for too!!! Jammy or what?!

42059392_2100276000005616_8378459267157458944_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=73decfff2a1c77857522c62cd203d86a&oe=5C331E55

42231118_2100276400005576_5577883562142597120_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=96c9bb13b4f90a8c62ee4279fd45d3f8&oe=5C27443C

42205956_2100276470005569_7253181855694848_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=3750a7fb12f699c025904f3868a0bc39&oe=5C1597FB

I do not recommend the Chicken Christmas Trees. They had them last year, I bought them and they tasted very synthetic. The cheese bites they had last year were amazing though.

Loughc wrote: »
    I do not recommend the Chicken Christmas Trees. They had them last year, I bought them and they tasted very synthetic. The cheese bites they had last year were amazing though.

I wonder how well they’d turn out if they were homemade? Flatten some chicken, cut out the shape and bread them. Use the offcuts in a stir fry.

They didn’t play the Christmas song on the radio today. :(

New Home wrote: »
    For someone who rrrreeeeaallllly loves Christmas, but has absolutely everything already...

This.

Love this, my mam has one at home. Not Christmas without it now!

Some of the Next Christmas decorations/clothes!

https://www.next.ie/en/search?w=\christmas&isort=score&af=

Those Halloween HQ shops are starting to open again.

Also, I never knew Argos did Halloween decorations/costumes.

http://www.argos.ie/static/ArgosPromo3/includeName/halloween.htm&mvt=HP1_main1

Dunnes Stores Halloween stock.

http://www.dunnesstores.com/view-all/halloween/fcp-category/list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Work had there stove lit today. First time since earlier this year its been lit. Going to be great on those cold winter days going over to sit there for 15-20 minutes with a cuppa tea.

Hope everyone got over yesterday ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Was in Blanchardstown centre tonight and on the upper floor there’s a Halloween shop and a Christmas shop right next door to each other!!!

24w7klv.jpg

Breathing heavily.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Eeeeeeeeeeeek.

There’s a real chill in the air this morning and the Boots website is pushing Christmas on the homepage. Time to put up the Christmas tree I think. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Getting a real feeling that people are looking to kick off the season earlier this year... or maybe thats just us :D

Must check out that christmas shop in Blanch. Will head over to the Range at Liffey Valley as well next weekend & take a look at some new decorations to add to the collection.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

It's super wintry this morning! And I have a jumper on for the first time since March! Bring it on :D

Just heard the Gaiety panto ad on the radio.

Heating went on last night for only the 2nd time this Autumn! It's very Decembery out there at the moment.

Is anyone else excited to go to The Range just to see their Christmas Stock... I think a visit there this weekend is in order.

Also if this crap weather continues I think a box of Quality Street while watching Strictly and XFactor is also in order this weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    I think a box of Quality Street while watching Strictly is in order this weekend!

Word!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement