Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Wonderful news CheerLouth! Best wishes to you both :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

It is raining here and will be all day... a dress rehersal for winter days, have books and teas at the ready !
    have a good Sunday everyone !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Cheerlouth congrats on the engagement. I second the hilarity noted in the way you announced to the board, biscuits first.

I need to get my hands on that inflatable Santa and also the toilet seat covers.

Be gentle, I have been out of Ireland the vast majority of my adult life but what is 'The Range'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I just really hope that's how Cheerlouth announces it to their family and friends as well.

"Free biscuits! FREE! Three of them! Completely free!.......

oh and also we're engaged"

I was super excited about the biscuits - I never get anything for free lol

Thanks everyone x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Elves! My o/h was in London and brought me back a personalised tin of Quality Street from John Lewis! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

washiskin wrote: »
    Elves! My o/h was in London and brought me back a personalised tin of Quality Street from John Lewis! :eek:

Now, he's a keeper :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lucky duck!!! Will he make runs for the rest of us :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Congrats on the free biscuits, CheerLouth!! :pac:

Ooooooh lovely. Hope he got your favourites right. :D

After the other post I went on to Amazon and bought covers for the toilets in my house, four of them! Damn you Christmas forum.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hahaha. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Jude13 wrote: »
    After the other post I went on to Amazon and bought covers for the toilets in my house, four of them! Damn you Christmas forum.

Sorry/You're welcome. (Delete as appropriate :D). I hope you also bought a cover for the toilet paper! :pac:

The cover for the TP came with them. I don't even have four toilets, I just couldn't choose. A christmas book arrived today from Amazon, its in its pack so I don't know which one yet. I dont want to open it in the office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'm spending my Sunday reorganising my referencing system for my PhD and eating chocolate gingerbread I picked up yesterday in Lidl.

It could be better but it could be worse! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Was in Penny’s today and they had their Christmas stock out

Posy wrote: »
    Ooooooh lovely. Hope he got your favourites right. :D

He did! More green triangles for me! :)

I'm spending my Sunday reorganising my referencing system for my PhD and eating chocolate gingerbread I picked up yesterday in Lidl.

It could be better but it could be worse! :pac:

Lebkuchen?? Already?:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Yep, I saw loads of christmas stock in lidl lately. Lebkuchen, panattone etc

Eeeep! :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Just ordered my husband's Christmas present :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Ordered some clothes for my nephews and niece. I'm waiting to get the "toy" list !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Congratulations Cheerlouth, thats great news. Will we have a Wedding to look forward to in Christmas 2019?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Time to dust off the Santa suit for the wedding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

If I can be bridesmaid then I’ll wear a Mrs. Claus outfit 🤶

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,770 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Congratulations on your engagement Cheerlouth :)

36832191_1883409955057711_1477160693294694400_n.png?_nc_cat=111&oh=da17debd9eb6816367b31806350ac921&oe=5C306BEF

Stumbled across this Coronation Street filming picture. Christmas decorations up in the background.
    42219591_10156191237207659_1986318315932352512_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&oh=4ca8977b6dd3d787574b4298a0df5311&oe=5C2BCAA8

Ah people have bought their OH's pressie!! I am nearly panicking. I opened the amazon pack and there were two books.

I can't seem to upload pics on photobucket, might be a work thing. Is there an app that can help? As I am not home I might throw up a few pics this Christmas. Maybe even an expat thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Congratulations Cheerlouth, thats great news. Will we have a Wedding to look forward to in Christmas 2019?

Not a Christmas wedding unfortunately :( We can't wait that long :o But I'll defo try to convince Mr. CL to go for a "Christmas in July" theme :pac::cool:

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    Be gentle, I have been out of Ireland the vast majority of my adult life but what is 'The Range'?

The Range is essentially a bigger Home store and more type of store.
    The Range is a multi-channel variety retailer selling products in the home, garden, and leisure categories, with 148 stores in the United Kingdom & Ireland.

I stole that from their Wiki page! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement