Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Someone left a big box of celebrations in the office today. There are only a few left, mainly milkyways.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jude13 wrote: »
    Someone left a big box of celebrations in the office today. There are only a few left, mainly milkyways.

I like milkyways... how long would delivery take :pac:

Considering I am waiting on an order from ONNIT since June they may be out of date by the time they get to you. Strange bunch in here leaving them, the banana's are also still there at 10am, they wouldn't make it till 8 in my old firm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Could do with some chocolate to cheer myself up. I am waiting for a small procedure and was suppose to have it on Thursday but the hospital just rang to cancel! This is the third time they have cancelled :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    Could do with some chocolate to cheer myself up. I am waiting for a small procedure and was suppose to have it on Thursday but the hospital just rang to cancel! This is the third time they have cancelled :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ah no!!! Feckers. How are they allowed to do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Loughc wrote: »
    Ah no!!! Feckers. How are they allowed to do that.

I know! I was in the middle of trying to decide whether to take out health insurance - made my decision for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Congratulations CL - that's great news :-)
    I just booked an overnight trip to the Birmingham Christmas Markets in Dec - tying it in with a catch up with friends and someone suggested that and we all jumped on it.  Can't wait now......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

That's desperate! Sending you hugs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Hope you get your small procedure soon. My sister was waiting for an appointment there for ages regarding a small procedure got it done 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Congratulations CheerLouth, that's great news, love how you announced it too ... priorities!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Saw first Advent calendars today, those ones where you put your own treats in the little boxes.

First day I am wearing something in wool !
    Yesterday finally got around to complete the "wardrobe switch" (sounds very grand, but it is not; I do not have many things, really).
    Glad to redescover the colour palette of my winter things: burgundy, purple, rich greens, burnt orange.
    And my beloved old boots, which are still in good condition, so don't have to look for new ones !
    Was thinking about Christmas earrings, probably too early to wear them, but I might start looking for another pair soon. Would be OK to wear them from 2 Nov, what do the other Elves think ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Lidl are getting frozen Turkey, crowns, goose, salmon sides,etc in on the 1st of October and more stuff coming soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

otnomart wrote: »
    Saw first Advent calendars today, those ones where you put your own treats in the little boxes.

First day I am wearing something in wool !
    Yesterday finally got around to complete the "wardrobe switch" (sounds very grand, but it is not; I do not have many things, really).
    Glad to redescover the colour palette of my winter things: burgundy, purple, rich greens, burnt orange.
    And my beloved old boots, which are still in good condition, so don't have to look for new ones !
    Was thinking about Christmas earrings, probably too early to wear them, but I might start looking for another pair soon. Would be OK to wear them from 2 Nov, what do the other Elves think ?

I may or may not have worn candy cane earrings today ;)

Autosport wrote: »
    I may or may not have worn candy cane earrings today ;)

Well it is only 3 months away now!

Well it is only 3 months away now!

I have Holly earrings ready for tomorrow, now they are only small studs but still :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Ikea have some of their Winter 2018 stuff in....adorable bowls, plates and a lovely hot drink glass. No decs yet, though.

Just saying :D

There is a good bit of Christmas stock on the Marks and Spencer UK website but nothing on the Irish site.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/c/christmas?OmnitureRedirect=christmas

Happy Rudolph day!! I am sporting Christmas boxers, they are red and have Christmas trees on them. They are terribly Yankee as they say 'Holidays' on them, it gets worse insted of the 's' at the end its a 'z'. Anywho.

M&S do an amazing GF platter. We have a food court near us here and I hope they do those platters for Christmas.

3 Months to the big day folks, although you'd be fooled to thinking it was sooner given how cold it is this morning and yesterday morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

EEEEEEEEeee, so excited!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I actually Remembered Rudolph day!! Wearing red christmas socks with a christmas tree on them... convinced it was spotted on the train too when I got a couple of odd looks from the folk sitting across from me:D

3 months & 13 weeks exactly today... tis nearly the season!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

3 Months to the big day folks, although you'd be fooled to thinking it was sooner given how cold it is this morning and yesterday morning!

It's chilly alright. Heating isn't back on in our office building until October. I have a hot water bottle at my desk ffs!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Please don't hate me... I couldn't resist...

202934.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Smyths have their €10 off every €50 from today until Sunday, so santa gifts all sorted this morning! It was manic in there but as the discount is so good I get it! Just need stocking fillers and 1 more gift for the eldest depending on what she’s into closer to the time

Going on sale at Aldi this Christmas!
    Chocolate carousel!
    1_aldi-choco.jpg

Foot long pig in blanket!
    4_Aldi-Giant-Pig-in-Blanket-with-Specially-Selected-Three-Little-Pigs-and-Specially-Selected-Pigs-in-Blanket-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

cheers Freshpopcorn !
    All that wrapped in bacon reminded me I should make "devils on a saddle" very soon !!!

Tesco also are launching Pigs in duvets!(Sausage wrapped in rashers then wrapped in pastry.)
    Pigs-in-duvets1.jpg?w=960

The pigs in duvets look Devine!!

Well there’s a sentence I never thought I’d type!

• Advertisement

A friend sent me this on Facebook :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement