Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

lycan238 wrote: »
    Ikea has a Christmas section. You know what happens when I find out Ikea has a Christmas section. Yup It just made the list ... the to visit list before Christmas 2019 or 2018 if I get a chance lol.

I hope wrestling fans get the reference above.

zy9iea.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just ordered my first Christmas presents!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

2ilmyjs.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

^^^ You'd think with a name like Carol she would have a bit more festive cheer! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Just seen this - a shopping event in The Orchard Celbridge tomorrow

https://www.theorchard.ie/latest-news/christmas-world-shopping-event-2018/

• Advertisement

This day next week and we are in the 60’s in the countdown! I really need Halloween to get out of the way as I need to go shopping for new Christmas lights for the window and I’m really tempted to get Christmas projector lights :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

My mother in law got a projector light last year! I was so jealous! :P She's suddenly started upping her game since we moved in next door. She never had outside lights before, then the first year, she got a light up reindeer & then last year, after we had lights all around the gutters, she whipped out this projector! :pac:

I've got to go big this year :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

CheerLouth wrote: »
    My mother in law got a projector light last year! I was so jealous! :P She's suddenly started upping her game since we moved in next door. She never had outside lights before, then the first year, she got a light up reindeer & then last year, after we had lights all around the gutters, she whipped out this projector! :pac:

I've got to go big this year :P

You should do a light show :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Lol don't be giving me ideas! You can see our house from the motorway & I've always wanted to put a Santy, sleigh and reindeer on the roof so that it could be seen from the road :D But Mr. CL refuses on H&S grounds :( Spoil sport :P

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

They've started to put up the cables/wires across Henry&Mary streets for the lights 🙂

• Advertisement

How dark did it get this evening? And the clocks haven’t gone back yet either!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I was just commenting that it was really bright this evening! :D

Mysterious cables have also appeared across Grafton Street. Hmmm...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,144 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I went out to Johnstown Garden center earlier, to see if they had any bbq stuff on clearance. No joy. So went down to the Christmas section. I used to go down, and press loads of teddies that sang and danced. They're on to me this year though, I couldn't find any. Dammit.

35884278_1819078981541106_69341808907255808_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=1c89018efa8beef3c8c3a98b392054ed&oe=5C484422

My wife just sent me this and goes this is you.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

My little puds christmas stocking arrived i had it made out of her xmas baby clothes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Ciara that is just gorgeous, such a lovely memento to have, where did you get it done?

43706315_1149945051836950_6843770308726358016_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=e1f39c8c37210e30fd25f92badb3cdfb&oe=5C1487BE

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Good grief!!! Those are the poster children of the saying "Just because you can do it, it doesn't mean you should".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Not sure if anyone has posted about the Next window, but it's full-on Christmas. It looks better in person. Looks great in Dundrum.

https://twitter.com/nlc79/status/1049390402967613440

• Advertisement

My Tesco has fresh Brussels Sprouts in stock again!

43878942_2101084906588988_8285554464505462784_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=3645f8010de36c2aa5965feb5efeb5c3&oe=5C51E353

How amazing is this homemade lantern.

250ifj8.jpg

The lantern is from ikea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

I ADORE that lantern...going googling 'small Christmas craft pieces' now :D

jellybear wrote: »
    I ADORE that lantern...going googling 'small Christmas craft pieces' now :D

Been doing that for the past hour :D

Loughc wrote: »
    Been doing that for the past hour :D

It's not proving easy...am currently bidding on a Christmas fireplace on ebay...what has my life become!!

jellybear wrote: »
    It's not proving easy...am currently bidding on a Christmas fireplace on ebay...what has my life become!!

Send us the link. I promise not to outbid you ;) :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

How amazing is this homemade lantern.
    Oh that's brilliant!! :D

Send us the link. I promise not to outbid you ;) :pac:

Not sure if I trust you!!:P I'm basically searching through dollshouse furniture!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,144 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Some amount of advent calendars in Tesco in Naas earlier. Chocolate, sweets, and what not. And I swore I wasn't going to do them this year...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement