Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

I bought a mini projector on amazon and went straight out the back to test it. I threw on love actually to test it and its class.

We are having a few get together's out in our back garden and the plan is to either shine it down from the balcony to the ground, or up against the house.

I will do so scary movie for Halloween, probably hocus pocus so as not to scare the kids too much.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

For anyone following the weather forum it’s setting up for a interesting winter! Could be lists of snow on the way so get stocking up on all the raw materials needed to make bread ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

20iylag.jpg

This is definitely us here in this wonderful forum :)

If you guys get a proper white Christmas in the one year I am not home I will be cranky.

• Advertisement

One of the best things about heading to work at this ungodly hour is how little people are around. The calm of the empty streets always reminds me of Christmas.

I may have even stuck on a gentle Christmas tune to start the morning off right.

Still too soon for me to bang on Christmas music. If the OH asks me to put something on whilst at home I put the Christmas fm app on for a second and then knock it off just as a reminder.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Loughc wrote: »
    I may have even stuck on a gentle Christmas tune to start the morning off right.
    I did that too this morning. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I got a whiff of the Christmas Magic Yankee candle over the weekend. Defo on my "must have" list for this year - it smelt divine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

44057776_2132036636829552_4822937034307928064_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&oh=44612f6ed5b250e83d79e37de0a79ea2&oe=5C606262

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Saw jars of Christmas Nutella in Dunnes over the weekend!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

For the Quality Street fans!
    44161332_2132363326796883_3063234494426251264_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&oh=cda717db4472727134f8067727919797&oe=5C3E6CA4

44123892_2132367096796506_5781117437449601024_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&oh=ec51b1aeb1c7a3a0ca4b2bd1278824c3&oe=5C1455F3

The quality street one is a great idea and it looks gorgeous but makes no sense financially when a tub is either similarly priced and cheaper.

Speaking of quality street and prices, I was in Tesco last night they had the plastic tubs for €6 and the metal tins are €10. I’ve disappointed in learning the metal tin only had just a little over 100g in the difference. Not really worth the price difference.

The quality street one is a great idea and it looks gorgeous but makes no sense financially when a tub is either similarly priced and cheaper.

Speaking of quality street and prices, I was in Tesco last night they had the plastic tubs for €6 and the metal tins are €10. I’ve disappointed in learning the metal tin only had just a little over 100g in the difference. Not really worth the price difference.

The tin is €8 in Supervalu.

Quite a few new posters (new to the forum this time of year) creeping out. I think getting our threads on the first page is getting a few clicks. Are the stats up this month?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

Quick pic of Brown Thomas window Im running to the office so couldn’t stop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Morning elves! My socks today say ‘let it snow’ and I truly mean it.

I just saw an ad on TV saying plan your Christmas 2019 with Park!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

There's A Christmas Tree In Temple Bar

https://lovindublin.com/dublin/christmas-tree-temple-bar

And a lovely Christmas tree it is too.....:D

I'm planning on buying these at the Cadburys store. Do they ever have sales or has anybody seen them in shops?
    44115900_2133639673335915_5971759684120477696_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&oh=83dcaf687560719cadda20f6ced2646e&oe=5C3E8C85

• Advertisement

I'm planning on buying these at the Cadburys store. Do they ever have sales or has anybody seen them in shops?
    44115900_2133639673335915_5971759684120477696_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&oh=83dcaf687560719cadda20f6ced2646e&oe=5C3E8C85

This Cadbury’s store you speak off. Where is it?? And why haven’t I heard of it?

This Cadbury’s store you speak off. Where is it?? And why haven’t I heard of it?

It's an online store!

https://www.cadburygiftsdirect.co.uk/gift-ideas/shop-by-occasion/chocolate-hampers-for-christmas.html

Prices are over inflated and £13 delivery :(

I reckon you could find the individual items cheaper. Shame that cause they all look amazing.

Prices are over inflated and £13 delivery :(

I reckon you could find the individual items cheaper. Shame that cause they all look amazing.

Oh, i didn't relies delivery was so much.
    I was conceding buying the odd thing if they had a sale

Jude13 wrote: »
    Quite a few new posters (new to the forum this time of year) creeping out. I think getting our threads on the first page is getting a few clicks. Are the stats up this month?

I’m glad you asked :pac:

While we are up overall compared to this time last year. We are 178 posts behind October last year. Now we still have half a month of posting so I’m confident we will pass that figure out but not by much.

Oct-Jan is our busiest time of the year for posts. But it is great seeing new names and faces pop up on thread love welcoming new posters into our cosy Christmas corner and I love the fact our regulars are still so regularly posting here.

I’ll never get tired of seeing unread thread notifications even after a long ass day in work! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pigtail33

They have Cadbury Outlet shops in the UK. There's one near where my sister lives and I find it so hard to restrain myself. There's not much reduction on the normal stock, but they sell bags of seconds quite cheaply. They really need to open one in Ireland!

pigtail33 wrote: »
    There's not much reduction on the normal stock, but they sell bags of seconds quite cheaply. They really need to open one in Ireland!

They really should especially as we have a Cadbury factory here and all. It would work ideally to have an outlet shop at the factory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Would delivery be cheaper through Parcel Motel?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,335 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

pigtail33 wrote: »
    They have Cadbury Outlet shops in the UK. There's one near where my sister lives and I find it so hard to restrain myself. There's not much reduction on the normal stock, but they sell bags of seconds quite cheaply. They really need to open one in Ireland!
    They really should especially as we have a Cadbury factory here and all. It would work ideally to have an outlet shop at the factory.

I presume it's still there, but the Cadbury factory in Coolock used to have a shop on-site for staff where they were able to buy seconds, broken bars, etc. I remember as a kid my father occasionally had some business there and was allowed to avail of the shop, so he'd come home with bags full of purple and yellow snacks without the wrapping and pounds of loose chocolate eclairs.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    I presume it's still there, but the Cadbury factory in Coolock used to have a shop on-site for staff where they were able to buy seconds, broken bars, etc. I remember as a kid my father occasionally had some business there and was allowed to avail of the shop, so he'd come home with bags full of purple and yellow snacks without the wrapping and pounds of loose chocolate eclairs.

Yeah still there for staff. But I don’t know anyone working there :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement