Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We're into the sixties!
    keep-calm-because-only-69-days-left-until-christmas.png

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

0_JS165750991.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

My colleague is coming back from maternity leave on 1st November. She was always telling me I couldn't start talking about Christmas until December, so I'm thinking of decorating her desk for the laugh :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Good evening Elves I am back, I hope everyone is well, I been catching up on this thread I had to catch up since February I missed you lot I don't know how I let it go that long without posting we did home improvements during the year only getting the house back to normal now freshly painted for Christmas :)
    I have no shopping for Christmas done, I can't remember if I bought anything in the sales in January I will have to check the attic, I wrote my present list today and I'm up to date now on this thread I will have to check out the others on the forum I'm looking forward to it I have my Christmas mojo
    I'll most likely put my Christmas tree up the Tuesday or Thursday before the Toy Show
    My pal has organised a Christmas night for the 15th December so thats a start
    Congrats to everyone expecting and those of you who have mini elves
    Good luck with the move LoughC

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hi Sarah!! :)

Welcome back, we missed you :)

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Such a silly gif, but it's made a me smile on a tough day!!

jellybear wrote: »
    Such a silly gif, but it's made a me smile on a tough day!!

Sorry to hear you’re having a tough day but glad we helped you smile :)

Thanks Lough good to be back,
    Jellybear this is the best place to be on this forum on tough days

Jude catching up on threads, congrats on your news and the new job delighted for you that you have Christmas Day off and Stephens Day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Welcome back Sarahlil!!! Thanks. the bump is quite large now and my OH is feeling the effect of carrying around the extra weight. New job is okay so far.

Our Christmas party is on the 6th in a hotel on the Palm, Im most likely away with work and will fly back for it. Our old parties, small firm all western expat lads, was usually in a pub at 11am. This one will be very different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Welcome back Sarahlil!

@Freshpopcorn, oh I love those Costa cups!!! Much nicer than last years ones!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I like that they're different colours, not just all red. Mix it up a bit. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Was anyone watching Gogglebox Ireland last night? One of the guys from Portobello had Christmas socks on! It was a quite subtle Nordic style pattern, but there was definitely reindeer on them.

I love the costa cups. They do good hot chocolate, better than Starbucks. Just don't look at the calorie count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Today is the first day I've felt like it's hot chocolate weather :D

34c here and I had one yesterday. So nice and so wrong. I think its 1 cup = 1kg. It was a starbucks one and not great.

We have starbucks and ultra, ultra just use foamy milk and cadburys drinking chocolate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Jude13 wrote: »
    I love the costa cups. They do good hot chocolate, better than Starbucks. Just don't look at the calorie count.

Everyone does coffee & hot chocolate better than starbucks IMO. Really do not see the appeal at all, I love nice coffee but there's just seems watered down and bordering on tasteless.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    But it is great seeing new names and faces pop up on thread love welcoming new posters into our cosy Christmas corner and I love the fact our regulars are still so regularly posting here.

I’ll never get tired of seeing unread thread notifications even after a long ass day in work! :)

Absolutely. Agree with this 100%.

Though I think if anything I need to scale back on my posting here:D. I've pretty much abandoned 99% of the rest of board & almost post exclusively in here now. The odd american football & soccer post & thats about it.

Time to reign it in a tad, we still have weeks of build up to go!:)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

DvB wrote: »
    Everyone does coffee & hot chocolate better than starbucks IMO. Really do not see the appeal at all, I love nice coffee but there's just seems watered down and bordering on tasteless.

Insomnia do the best hot chocolate!

• Advertisement

Butlers is usually my go to when home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I find hot chocolate from chains way too sweet. Insomnia is my least favourite of the ones I’ve tried. I like places that make their own hot chocolate base. No powders or sugary syrups. That usually means independent coffee shops, but I like Hotel Chocolat too.

I drink a lot of hot chocolate so I take it very seriously. :D

I have never had hot chocolate from Insomnia or Costa definitely on the list this year, I look forward to your recommendations on the festive ones

Jude13 wrote: »
    Butlers is usually my go to when home.

OMG Yes. Butlers make an amazing hot cocolate!

It was proper cold this morning. See your breath cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Insomnia (ironically) probably have the best non coffee options of the chain coffee shops. Starbucks is MUCK. Costa have fun flavours this time of year, their blackforrest gateau one is yummy.

I got a white hot chocolate made on coconut milk in insomnia the other day and it's fab.

My favourite hot drink is a Chai Latte though. So yummy. The nicest I've found in Dublin is Accents, then a Povander & Co in Smithfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I generally hate Starbucks but they do a fudge hot chocolate on their Christmas menu and I have yet to find a different variation that beats it. Its my favourite festive drink across all the chains. Nothing beats it!

Nothing beats proper hot chocolate. Like Italian hot chocolate made from actual melted down chocolate. Mmmmmmm chocolate.

Sorry overuse of the word chocolate there.

Chocolate chocolate chocolate (for good measure!)

Call me crazy but for some weird reason I am craving a hot chocolate...its probably sympathy pregnancy.

• Advertisement

My favorite hot chocolate ever was white.
    They basically melted white chocolate chips and added water.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement