Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Jude13 wrote: »
    Call me crazy but for some weird reason I am craving a hot chocolate...its probably sympathy pregnancy.

V0eGV-1.gif

;)

My favorite hot chocolate ever was white.
    They basically melted white chocolate chips and added water.

Oh I'm not prejudiced! Brown or white, it's all good to me! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Maybe I shouldn't admit this but... I don't like hot chocolate!!... I'm sorry, please don't banish me!! :D

I do however love the aldi Christmas stock!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

jellybear wrote: »
    Maybe I shouldn't admit this but... I don't like hot chocolate!!... I'm sorry, please don't banish me!! :D

photofunky.gif

Awh, I thought that might happen!!:D If it makes up for it, my husband loves it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

How come jellybear is not banned already..... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Staph wrote: »
    How come jellybear is not banned already..... :pac:

giphy.gif

What have I started :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

+1 !!

Back up has arrived ,I don't like hot chocolate either !
    Although a Mocha is lovely , coffee and chocolate :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Prefer a nice coffee myself. Hot choc is just too sweet a drink for me. Might stretch to one a year at christmas but thats about it. The twins love it though.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    +1 !!

Back up has arrived ,I don't like hot chocolate either !
    Although a Mocha is lovely , coffee and chocolate :D
    DvB wrote: »
    Prefer a nice coffee myself. Hot choc is just too sweet a drink for me. Might stretch to one a year at christmas but thats about it. The twins love it though.

multiplying.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Nothing beats proper hot chocolate. Like Italian hot chocolate made from actual melted down chocolate. Mmmmmmm chocolate.

Sorry overuse of the word chocolate there.

Chocolate chocolate chocolate (for good measure!)

Some places make it with some chocolate melted in it, but it's mostly bitter cocoa powder, sugar, milk, starch (that could be corn, potato or wheat starch), a pinch of salt and vanilla (or other flavours). It's all mixed together and steamed (if it's not made on a pot) and when the milk reaches boiling point, the starch cooks and thickens the mixture - it's basically a chocolate pudding with more milk in it.

I only ever found one place that made it like that, it was in Sligo in Quayside behind Next, but it has since closed down. :( It was yum.

Anything else is just chocolate (well, sweetened milk cocoa) milk, and a very poor substitute, if you ask me. :p

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,926 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I got a lovely Christmas jumper for my son in Dunnes today. I usually wouldn't buy the Christmas clothes until after Halloween, but I had dreadful trouble trying to find a nice one last year, so when I saw it today I bought it. Had to restrain myself from buying a whole pile of outfits for him and his sister! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Had a hot chocolate in Dublin a few weeks ago. Not usually a big tea /chocolate drinker so I was shocked to see a stain on my teeth afterwards. Was imagining the worst and went to the dentist to verify it was a def a stain and not damage, apparently cocoa really stains . Relieved but will stick to water in future.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,926 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Lads I've a mad craving for hot chocolate now, and I've just remembered I've a tin of Godiva hot chocolate at home in the press! Gonna crack that out tonight when the sprogs are asleep.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

whxo5l.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Two weeks time and the ads might be on TV!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

44377809_2042785315786840_2641627130122731520_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=27e6d67ba18dde83d767952c4dbf7e63&oe=5C5F26C7

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Jellybear banned for 3 months

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That usually means independent coffee shops, but I like Hotel Chocolat too.
    Ooh and there's one opening on Henry Street soon. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Posy wrote: »
    Ooh and there's one opening on Henry Street soon. :D

25th November apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

25th November apparently.

I will hit up Penneys and get a hot chocolate while in town win win :D

Apparently Late Late Toy Show range will be coming to Penneys from the 23rd October

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Fun fact: the hot chocolate in Insomnia is melted cadburys buttons mixed with hot milk. I used to work there and could have as much as I wanted but it was just too sweet!

Awh lads, you're a gas bunch!! I've honestly had such a tough week and you've made me laugh so much.
    Just spent 2 hours baking for a bake sale tomorrow. Am shattered!!
    In good news, my big red bow arrived for my front door for Christmas :D

Planemo wrote: »
    Fun fact: the hot chocolate in Insomnia is melted cadburys buttons mixed with hot milk. I used to work there and could have as much as I wanted but it was just too sweet!

Thank you!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

So that's why I don't like it! Can't stand Cadbury's. I'm impressed that they use actual chocolate though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I’ll have to try this thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Never fear, Jellybear, I also can't stand hot chocolate :pac: I wish I did, cos I love the smell of it & they always look so comforting & I do love all other things chocolate. Maybe I've been trying the wrong hot chocolate?

I even tried a mocha once in hope & it was rotten :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Never fear, Jellybear, I also can't stand hot chocolate :pac: I wish I did, cos I love the smell of it & they always look so comforting & I do love all other things chocolate. Maybe I've been trying the wrong hot chocolate?(

9qlipw.jpg

Personally for me the make at home ones I don’t like. I love the Butlers ones and Costas are good. Key I find is lots of cream and chocolate sprinkles help too.

And I don’t like coffee so it’s nice to be able to enjoy a drink in a coffee shop that isn’t coffee for a change. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

So that's why I don't like it! Can't stand Cadbury's. I'm impressed that they use actual chocolate though.

That's obviously why I love it, cos I love Cadbury's chocolate :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement