Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Ditto about adulting. I spend my time in airports/on the way to airports in place I hate (I know its bad Im sure the people there like it) keeping my mind off it with the Christmas forum and googling Christmas decorations. Makes me think it's all worth it.

CheerLouth wrote: »
    See my post over on the Christmas TV thread - but A Christmas Prince is full on Factor 50 cheese :D

Ha that's what I watched as it happens. It is so cheesy. It's really, really awful!!..... So I loved it!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Debenhams have launched there gift guide!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I watched The Holiday last night as I was doing my ironing. Very domestic and very pleasant!

Also seem to have sorted out Christmas Day schedule (I’m only in charge of meat and fancy things like cakes and sweets yay!) and making progress on present making and figuring out what supplies I need to get this week for my booze infusions. I’m thinking some whiskey, some brandy and some gin...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I so did not feel like adulting today, this morning I would have loved nothing more than to laze around in my pjs and do anything Christmassy I was just feeling meh but I shook it off
    I did my few hours in work, got out for a short walk and did some cleaning in my mams house, I have roast lamb for dinner might get out for another walk with himself after or maybe just chill and do some online browsing i still haven’t checked out little woods Christmas stuff or Debenhams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I just remembered that I was walking through Penneys on the other day and overheard a child saying 'Christmas? It's only Halloween!' when she saw the Christmas jumpers. I feel sad that she has that attitude so early in life!

I just remembered that I was walking through Penneys on the other day and overheard a child saying 'Christmas? It's only Halloween!' when she saw the Christmas jumpers. I feel sad that she has that attitude so early in life!

I was in Aldi a few weeks ago and saw the same. I nearly gave the kid a lecture about Christmas/spreading the cost/job creation/etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Survived another Mon morning !
    Just had a nice few days: lovely walk in a candle-lit park , weekly treat coffee (I meant to try different ones, but each time I end up picking Oreo Vanilla with lots of wipped cream on top !)

Clock goes forward next week-end, so dark evenings are in.
    I really miss daylight, thankfully the run up to Christmas always cheers me up.

Oh my god Toto I did laugh at that but what the hell is the child on :)

otnomart wrote: »

Clock goes forward next week-end, so dark evenings are in.

Clocks go back!

• Advertisement

Clocks go back!
    Oooops you are right ! :o

I clicked into the Debenhams website there and it's gone very Christmasy from toys to 3 for 2 gifts to clothes,etc.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Clocks go back!

Spring forward, fall back. Easiest way to remember it. Although daylight savings is coming to an end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

washiskin wrote: »
    M&S in Navan have their decs out! May have gone a bit ott with the sample bottle if their Frankincesne & Myrrh room spray :o
    I also bought a jar of their Plum Pudding Chutney.
    Something about the M&S red labels on their Christmas stuff makes me all tingly and squee-ey every year! :D

I love that spray. Reminds me of Christmas when I was younger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Wearing a Christmas jumper this evening to cheer myself up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Loughc wrote: »
    Spring forward, fall back. Easiest way to remember it. Although daylight savings is coming to an end.

I was talking to someone in work about this the other day, if the clocks are staying on summertime from 2020, does that mean that it will stay dark in the mornings till at least 9am?
    Very dangerous for kids getting to school if that's the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I love that spray. Reminds me of Christmas when I was younger.

I must try that spray, frankincense reminds me of the souks in Oman, not very Christmas in my head but probably closer to the real Christmas

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

giphy.gif

Where is everyone :pac:

I have been thinking that since Sunday LoughC its been bit quiet on here
    I'm running errands for myself and my mam today just grabbing a cuppa and looking online at Christmas stuff, Littlewoods decorations are so cute
    anyone got anything planned for the Bank Holiday weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

I'm about to watch Home Alone today as I haven't watched it since I was a kid, I know we're coming up to Halloween but I feel like doing something christmassy today!
    Plus I'm saving all the scary movies for the Bank Holiday weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

We are in the land of sickness in our house. Little fella has a perforated ear drum & I've got some sort of tummy bug. I'm working from home today but thinking I should have just called in sick & gone back to bed :( Eyes are falling out of my head here.

CheerLouth wrote: »
    We are in the land of sickness in our house. Little fella has a perforated ear drum & I've got some sort of tummy bug. I'm working from home today but thinking I should have just called in sick & gone back to bed :( Eyes are falling out of my head here.

Oh no, there's nothing worse. Make sure you do get plenty of rest though.

Get well soon Cheerlouth try not to over do it

Get well soon CL, I definitely dont like this side of the colder seasons!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Don't know about the rest of you but this is the week where I get really itchy and count down the days till Halloween is over.
    Come on be over already! I want Christmas to start! :)

Don't know about the rest of you but this is the week where I get really itchy and count down the days till Halloween is over.
    Come on be over already! I want Christmas to start! :)
    I am a big Halloween fan ! When I lived in Dublin, I used to go to the Horrortron film festival every year without fail ! Also done the Ghost bus tour a few times, plus a couple of ghost walks in Edinburgh.So I love the run up to Halloween and don't want to rush it

Having said that: Yes, from 2 Nov for me, Christmas iS on !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Hi Christmas people. I'm starting to get into the spirit myself now so back on the thread to share the excitement. So far I've bought two packets of Tesco a Brie and cranberry plaits, one of which will be my Christmas dinner (bought in advance because they're fabulous and I'm afraid they'll discontinue them). Also thinking of what to get a newly four year old. His birthday is the week before Christmas so I've to come up with one great santa gift, a birthday gift and a parents gift. He wants nothing so I'm stumped.

Hope you're feeling better soon CL, whatever about sicknesses this year, they all seem to be lasting an age. Anyone I know who had a cold or sinus infection has had it for weeks, myself included.

Any of you guys know if M&S trees are good quality? On the hunt for a snow covered christmas tree that isnt too expensive and saw one I liked in M&S :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The Christmas lights are up on Grafton Street.

This is not a drill!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Get well soon CheerLouth :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement