Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Loughc wrote: »
    xeq35i.jpg

Looks like a fierce face off in Woodies today.

Literally a Nightmare before Christmas! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,485 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Is Woodies fully stocked?

I would expect all the Halloween stuff to be replaced by further Christmas stuff in a weeks time so probably not.

I was actually looking for some tinsel (I've given up pretending I'm too classy for it) on Sunday and they didn't have any, always have had so presume there's more to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Found this while out shopping today...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oooooh I love the Christmas Coca Cola labels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Bit random but the butter I bought this evening has Christmas Day as it’s BB date!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We've done ten 25th now only one left before the big one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

L1011 wrote: »
    I would expect all the Halloween stuff to be replaced by further Christmas stuff in a weeks time so probably not.

I was actually looking for some tinsel (I've given up pretending I'm too classy for it) on Sunday and they didn't have any, always have had so presume there's more to come.

Saw tinsel (Silver, Gold & white for definite) in the Range out in Liffey Valley.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Baby and Crumble...I.m a divil for watching the BBF dates on food, to see that Christmas is getting nearer....
    Then I get a slightly sick feel in my belly when I see a date like 02 or 03 Jan.......Thats life I soupose...
    The buzz is def building.. I was in Waterford on Monday. Very little Christmas stuff there. I went to the
    Range...Lovely decorations there, but they were playing this bizzare piped music, and I practically ran out of the
    place. Tiny section in Pennys.
    Was in Cork yesterday, I was.nt really in the city centre, so not a smell of Christmas to be seen.

Cant wait for the Christmas ads to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Exactly two months people :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Cant wait for the Christmas ads to start.

This day week!!! & I'm the same, cant wait for them to start!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Will have to make a trip to Woodies :D I need a new garland this year - want a nice full one. A lot of them seem to be very thin and wispy looking!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

BDJW wrote: »
    Exactly two months people :D

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

i-can-t-keep-calm-i-just-bought-a-house.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

kitten_k wrote: »

Congrats!

It's the month after next!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Nice one kittek_k! Are you moving in soon or do you have a bit of work to do on it? I had my first xmas in my house last year -such a nice feeling :)

kitten_k wrote: »

CONGRATS!!! :D

When you moving in??

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's the month after next!

tenor.gif

Staph wrote: »
    Nice one kittek_k! Are you moving in soon or do you have a bit of work to do on it? I had my first xmas in my house last year -such a nice feeling :)
    Loughc wrote: »
    CONGRATS!!! :D

When you moving in??

There is not too much to do to it but we only went sale agreed this morning so I don't think we will get in on time for Christmas but we will have loads of Christmas' to come to decorate it.

It will be strange this year not being able to decorate my own place!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Congrats, kitten! That's fantastic news. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Congrats Kitten_K! That's amazing news!! :D Wishing you much joy and happiness in the new abode!

I'm not planning on buying/building a house yet but when I do one of the thing I think I'd factor in is where will I put the Christmas tree!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'm not planning on buying/building a house yet but when I do one of the thing I think I'd factor in is where will I put the Christmas tree!

Honestly, when we were looking at houses a few years back it was a legitimate question we asked ourselves on viewings. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

My sister, brother and myself called into our now derelict first home yesterday. The debate raged about where we used to have the Christmas tree. :rolleyes:
    I told them about the Christmas Santy brought a red and white panda for my sister, who was an infant at the time, and I ran up to the folks crying that the panda was too big for her to play with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

Homestore and more stacking shelves with all those magical lights. In ther news, alot of vintage style tree ornaments this year or could be just me looking out for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Application done fingers crossed one of us here get tickets :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Thanks for that Toto, I’ve just done my application.

Just to add congratulations to Kitten k. Best of luck with the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Current sitch:

464702.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement