Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm looking at the Aldi book for the 1st and 4th Novemebr and it's ALL Christmas things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Just applied for tickets. Home from a night out. Lovely drinks after work and everyone was talking about the festive season!

We're into the fifties!

When do they reveal who got tickets to the toy show? Hopefully someone here gets them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

When do they reveal who got tickets to the toy show? Hopefully someone here gets them.

Usually the Monday of the week of the toy show.

• Advertisement

Last evening of Summer time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Winter has definitely arrived in my part of the world, had to turn the heating on.
    Walked past a local branch of Flying Tiger and they already had a full window with Christmas items.
    Started a book that starts around Christmas 1917, The Toymakers. Perfect to curl up with a blanket and a berry tea !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

I feel like a sweet
    20181012_113137_zps6jkiihpl.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Grab a tub or 2 for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

It snowed at home today. We’ve also a view of the Arigna mountains in co. Leitrim from the house which are white with snow..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Picked up some fab snowman decorations in dealz, €6 each and so similar to ones from home store I’ve had my eyes on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

It’s so cold today here in Dublin I was at a charity bingo last night it was great craic and I had beginners luck, it was just the distraction I needed after the leak we had in the ensuite during the week

I collected gifts from Boots that I ordered online and did the weekly shop today got out for a short walk too just back from my mams looking forward to curling up on the sofa tonight for Strictly and Xfactor the stove is blazing candles lighting I’m feeling abit chesty so I might have a hot whiskey or two

Not much planned for the rest of the weekend, maybe some decluttering make space for Christmas stuff that will be appearing around the house I’ll get some walking in too maybe pick up another few presents, having my mam over too and lots of nice home cooking I’m not interested in Halloween at all
    What about everyone else?

Rentdayblues any pictures of your purchases? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Loughc wrote: »
    Grab a tub or 2 for us!

There going 4 for 20 Tuesday week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

My Christmas lantern pieces have arrived! Got them all off eBay. A Santa, fireplace and table. Still waiting on a miniature tree and will get some lights too. Will update when it's made :)

jellybear wrote: »
    My Christmas lantern pieces have arrived! Got them all off eBay. A Santa, fireplace and table. Still waiting on a miniature tree and will get some lights too. Will update when it's made :)

Oh my god jelly bear!!! They are amazing!! So cute!!

SarahLil wrote: »
    Rentdayblues any pictures of your purchases? :)

Always happy to show off!

Fab jellybear
    Rentdayblues I’ll be heading to Dealz they are so cute

SarahLil wrote: »
    Fab jellybear
    Rentdayblues I’ll be heading to Dealz they are so cute

My friend picked up 2 today, last ones! They look so like the more expensive ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Great to see the forum lighting up! I love coming to work the first day of the week and being cheered up with all the Christmas news.

My family arrived from Dublin the night before last, really late flight and got to bed at 4am. It was like Christmas, the feeling collecting them at the airport. We had a bump/baby scan yesterday and all is well. We then had a ski lesson on the indoor slope. Now that was seriously Christmasy. -4 and festive.

I have my OH's present in mind but I need to save for it (joint accounts make things tricky). I know she will get me loads of little thoughtful presents and I will just have one. Lets hope she likes it.

• Advertisement

Turkey, ham, potato stuffing, bread stuffing, etc months dinner today!

The dark evenings are upon us. Happy snuggling Sunday everyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Loughc wrote: »
    The dark evenings are upon us. Happy snuggling Sunday everyone :)

Currently on the couch with a huge cup of tea (got new cups recently), stew in the slow cooker since 12.30pm and won't be ready until about 7 so I'm really looking forward to it! About to watch the United match, hopefully it's not a disaster or I'll have a grumpy husband :D

Oh and on a Christmas note, bought rose gold tinsel and baubles from Next yesterday:)

Popped over to Liffey Valley this morning, it was very busy from the get go, picked up slipper booties thats the final part to himself sisters Xmas present, I've 2 pals birthdays this week so picked up gig tickets for the 3 of us for next year and a handbag too as part of the present just something else now for the other pal thats the 2 pals birthdays sorted, Ive to put something in a card for an 18th too this week
    had a quick look in the Range Christmas decorations it was very busy
    Had a little snooze this afternoon just waiting on the dinner now picked up a cheese cake from Marks and Spencer for afters, we have the stove blazing candles lit so thats us for the night

2csi59j.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

That is so true! I've been saying 'I'm more of a Christmas person' all week!

I couldn't log into Boards all weekend so I'm celebrating being back by posting this picture. My sister bought me these socks for my birthday recently. It's a 3 pack and the other two say 'cookies' and 'hot chocolate'. I hate mince pies so I'll be keeping my feet firmly on the ground but the hot chocolate pair bagged me a mug of hot chocolate from my husband yesterday. The picture is not upside down! That's just how it is on the website.

https://www.next.ie/en/g11168s2

L49-224s2.jpg

That is so true! I've been saying 'I'm more of a Christmas person' all week!

I couldn't log into Boards all weekend so I'm celebrating being back by posting this picture. My sister bought me these socks for my birthday recently. It's a 3 pack and the other two say 'cookies' and 'hot chocolate'. I hate mince pies so I'll be keeping my feet firmly on the ground but the hot chocolate pair bagged me a mug of hot chocolate from my husband yesterday. The picture is not upside down! That's just how it is on the website.

https://www.next.ie/en/g11168s2

Love them!!!

Crisp fresh day out there got out for a walk earlier, himself made a fry up I'm catching up Emmerdale, I want to tackle some decluttering around the house I'm tempted to put on some Christmas music while I do it

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement