Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SarahLil wrote: »
    Crisp fresh day out there got out for a walk earlier, himself made a fry up I'm catching up Emmerdale, I want to tackle some decluttering around the house I'm tempted to put on some Christmas music while I do it

Do it. I went for a walk yesterday and started it with a bit of Shaking Stevens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

SarahLil wrote: »
    Crisp fresh day out there got out for a walk earlier, himself made a fry up I'm catching up Emmerdale, I want to tackle some decluttering around the house I'm tempted to put on some Christmas music while I do it

Me too! Going to wash the floors and am very tempted to put Christmas FM up full blast on the laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The plum puddings are bubbling since early - until half six she tells me.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Brought the girls up to Smyths earlier to let them have a look and decide what they want to ask Santa for.
    Our 3yo is still dead set on a doll so happy days.
    Our 6yo was a Lego Batman fanatic so I'd got the main Santa present on that basis months ago. Guess what... ZERO interest in Lego Batman literally overnight. :(
    It's all LOL Dolls now. Thankfully she's still interested in other Lego and was also making a beeline for that too.

This LOL Dolls craze is absolutely nuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

We got a new Christmas tree yesterday! It's a slim one so it'll look great in the sitting room - it's a pretty small/ snug room.

Also started my booze infusions this afternoon, lemon and ginger tea infused gin and mint infused white rum. I picked up mincemeat in lidl and I'm very tempted to give mincemeat chocolate brownies abash this evening...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I'm already itching to get a tin of Quality Street and a tin of Afternoon Tea.
    We got some of the fancy M&S biscuits a couple of weeks ago - they had. BOGOF sale so we got the mixed chocolate ones and the shortbread ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Perfect Hallmark Christmas viewing! You can thank me later :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mojd9byUxIY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

The decluttering didn't happen I ended up having a nap, I wasn't fit for much after that, :(
    I feel like I'm waiting for Halloween to be over

Another cracker!! Hallmark is on its game this year https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahAVbCYobb4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

ciara007 wrote: »
    Perfect Hallmark Christmas viewing! You can thank me later :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mojd9byUxIY

Noooo it says it’s gone. :( What was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Went to a hardware store that is already phasing out the Halloween decs and has some Christmas decs in. Took a few pics.

IMG_02991_zpszklumjz1.jpg
    Coca Cola decorations, not sure I would want marketing on my tree, although the whole tree is a kind of marketing!

IMG_02971_zpsesookuyk.jpg

Now if only it was a pint bottle of Magners

IMG_02981_zpsfdcea1fs.jpg
    A few more traditional decs

IMG_03441_zpsjujngwrd.jpg
    The lantern me and my daughter spent yesterday evening making. Based on our dog.

The weather this morning is my ideal Christmas Day weather. Blue skies, sunshine and temperatures below zero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

I'm with you there Toto. It's perfect weather :)

I miss those days, clear sky, sun out, but freezing. A bit of frost would be nice too. It rained here today which was strange. Very dark and overcast too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

30d7x52.jpg

There is a 24/7 Christmas chanel on my tv whihc popped up tow days ago. I thought it would be unheard of movies. I lashed it on to be meet by Kevin McCalister's face so knocked off. Movies will start in November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Was away for the weekend with the family & on the car journey home yesterday to pass the time for the kids ;) went through our christmas movie countdown to commence this coming weekend!! Once we're into November its movies & adverts etc for us. I like to keep the music & food treats until December though.
    Managed to get the OH's pressie while we are away though so that's one more thing crossed off the list!
    Scraping the frost off the car this morning & wearing a scarf & gloves to work was enough of a reminder that the season is drawing very near now!! Suspect with work being so hectic I'll have to stop every now & again to take stock as at the moment the weeks are going so fast it could be upon us in no time and I'll have had no chance to sit back & enjoy the build up, cant be having that!!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Cute decorations Jude, the pumpkin is class looking!
    I agree Toto perfect Christmas weather out there this morning
    I managed some decluttering this morning, I came across my Christmas cooking checklist so I will keep that handy, it makes it easier for cooking the Turkey etc as per my oven, also found some Christmas cards and gift tags so il put them altogether
    I have a small bundle of new gifts that I came across decluttering I will offer them to a friend of mine for her next Charity bingo night or just give them to the local Charity shop

Noooo it says it’s gone. :( What was it?

Heres a link to the trailer the movie ws takin down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwhu7TNxREo

ciara007 wrote: »
    Heres a link to the trailer the movie ws takin down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwhu7TNxREo

Thanks! Just the right level of Christmas cheese! I watched a film with that actress in it over the weekend. I love that there are people who have made a career out of being in Hallmark movies.

• Advertisement

Just in from my mams, I'm on a roll with decluttering did a bit in her place today, I had to go out my back garden there... there was a weird sense in the air, its certainly starting to feel like "Tis is the Season" :)

So that’s Bake off over with. Another thing closer to Christmas!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

demot-halloween.jpg

Does anybody know if the Disney store does a sale between now and Christmas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Is there a Disney store in Ireland ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Is there a Disney store in Ireland ???

There is one on Grafton Street

There’s one in Blanch too.

Woke up so tired this morning I was in no humor for Adulting anyway got the skates on got myself together and sang out Feed The World to myself in the car it’s made my day so much better I may have belted it out once or twice in the office too Happy Wednesday elves

I wore a Christmas jumper yesterday. Not outrageous or anything, just a dusty pink with some snowflakes on it. Don't think anyone even noticed. Today I'm wearing Christmas socks, baby blue with glittery snowflakes and let it snow written on them. No one will see them but it makes me happy. :)

• Advertisement

Just back from town. Tesco are really docking up now loads of Christmas stuff out and there getting ready to put out more. They've also there lights put up in the car park.
    Also a house had there icecles up.( they'd have a lot of stuff)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement