Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Loughc wrote: »
    53 posts so far this morning... makes me think the rest of the forum agrees with your post! haha :D

I was about to say it's much busier this morning than it has been :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I'm listening to Christmas music on Youtube at the moment while eating some leftover Halloween sweets somebody brought into the office :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

They’ve been talking about whether it’s time for Christmas music on Today FM this morning, as if that’s even in question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Its the last day of the week here. I usually listen to podcasts on the way home with the exception of Thursday when I listen to some tunes to celebrate the weekend. I think I will throw on some Christmas tunes for the way home

They’ve been talking about whether it’s time for Christmas music on Today FM this morning, as if that’s even in question.

They asked the listeners to choose between The Thong Song and All I Want For Christmas Is You and The Thong Song won with 52%. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

They asked the listeners to choose between The Thong Song and All I Want For Christmas Is You and The Thong Song won with 52%. :(

There's no hope for humanity :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Never underestimate the amount of people that a) don't like Christmas or b) only like it for a week or two... the real eyebrow raiser for me is the amount that feel the need to vocalise that at every opportunity & cant wait to shoot down any mention of Christmas outside of their self created zone of suitability.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Cheerlouth I totally agree lets get down to business :D. I'm so excited
    I did my weekly shop this morning planned my meals for the week, I've let some bad eating habits creep in I need to get back on track keep the treats to a minimum for November anyway,
    They were putting the Christmas decorations up in Dunnes this morning

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SarahLil wrote: »
    Cheerlouth I totally agree lets get down to business :D. I'm so excited
    I did my weekly shop this morning planned my meals for the week, I've let some bad eating habits creep in I need to get back on track keep the treats to a minimum for November anyway

Haha, I did the same as well. The Bank Holiday and Halloween did me in. Need to be good now until the Toy Show at least, otherwise I'll be posting from a mobility scooter :pac:

Haha, I did the same as well. The Bank Holiday and Halloween did me in. Need to be good now until the Toy Show at least, otherwise I'll be posting from a mobility scooter :pac:

yeah me too trying to be good till the Toy Show :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I bought my toy show pjs at the weekend :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Heard my first Christmas song in New Look, although it was Leona Lewis, which was disappointing. Also bought my Christmas dress while I was there :) Doesn't look much in the picture but it's a bit glittery in real life:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Jude13 wrote: »
    For pretty much the same period I have organised a meet up on the 23rd in the same pub, same seats in Dublin city centre. I missed one due to work 8 years ago but it still went ahead. I can make it this year and Im not sure the others will go ahead with it as they have mostly moved so far away, north pole distances to places like Maynooth and North Wexford.

I'm on the 22nd year of my tradition - pints with college friends every December 23rd in the same pub in Dublin. The group has dwindled but there's still a core of about 10 of us who always make it in. :)

Dairy Box chocolates on special in SuperValu today till the 7th https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/food-cupboard-seasonal-dairy-box-720-grams-/p-1322305000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,772 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This seems like an alright offer at Boots. I know very little about this stuff tough!
    44908264_1160793537418768_9105917686470148096_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=aa593122cc2557144bf203f3b29d7973&oe=5C75CEA3

https://www.boots.ie/laura-ashley-ultimate-bloom-collection--10250062

Right time for the commute home... did anyone say Christmas Tunes? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,772 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Some of the Homestore and more stock!

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/search?q=CHRISTMAS&lang=default

I'd like to get this!

45208553_2156890411010841_7085245980131459072_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=97904760fec880fddb3c898d53424340&oe=5C437E45

wmycx.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Dunne Stores have six selection boxes for ten euro !

In the childrens clothing section , they also have a twin pack of fluffy Christmas socks , for two Euro , up to size three and a half .

Well , they're stretchy so will fit my feet :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

And there we go, just played my first christmas song on my spotify christmas playlist.

The season is coming!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    In the childrens clothing section , they also have a twin pack of fluffy Christmas socks , for two Euro , up to size three and a half .
    I've size 3 feet. :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Posy wrote: »
    I've size 3 feet. :):)

Brilliant , perfect for you !
    I've size 4 :o

You could decorate your mobility scooter to look like Santa's sleigh...

Just in case you need an excuse to eat all the food now.

For Elf on the Shelf fans...as seen in The Range :)

Johnstown Garden Centre :D

Some more...

Last ones!! :D

Love the pics!! Thanks Jellybear!! :)

Had a very festive day!!

Also, got a lantern so my Christmas lantern is taking shape!! Just need lights, the mini tree and my sister is making the little fireplace I ordered a bit fancier for me :D

Going to Wild Lights in The Zoo tonight. Hope it won't be too cold!

• Advertisement

jellybear wrote: »
    Had a very festive day!!

Also, got a lantern so my Christmas lantern is taking shape!! Just need lights, the mini tree and my sister is making the little fireplace I ordered a bit fancier for me :D

Going to Wild Lights in The Zoo tonight. Hope it won't be too cold!

JELLYBEAR!!! Your lantern! I love it!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement