Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Loughc wrote: »
    JELLYBEAR!!! Your lantern! I love it!!

Awh thanks! Got the lantern for €20 in Johnstown Garden Centre in Kildare. Will post pics when it's 100% finished :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Love the lantern Jellybear. I spent E100 in there last Sunday.....I was like a child in a sweet shop.

Was in New Look today....and they were playing.........yes....Christmas Songs.........Lady at checkout told me they start on
    01 Nov every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,772 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

45353143_2158439824189233_7346006299508736000_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=0fab6207d9dcadd08b5a08419a0ab8a3&oe=5C3C331B

45228791_2158441624189053_7318073966814298112_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=1efc5acf20ee1f8e7fc91da7d8f3b72e&oe=5C82E452

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

jellybear wrote: »
    Had a very festive day!!

Also, got a lantern so my Christmas lantern is taking shape!! Just need lights, the mini tree and my sister is making the little fireplace I ordered a bit fancier for me :D

Going to Wild Lights in The Zoo tonight. Hope it won't be too cold!

Looking good!
    Would love to hear how WildLights goes.
    I keep considering it, but just not fully convinced...

45226673_2158444170855465_7830332650328948736_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=7db5177dc95193c106f025dec0aba81a&oe=5C8A80F3

45240864_2158444210855461_4162097509126111232_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=56ca86711e6ca178b833f17d668018b8&oe=5C7886CE

• Advertisement

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Looking good!
    Would love to hear how WildLights goes.
    I keep considering it, but just not fully convinced...

Will let you know how it goes :)

#SaveKevin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Went into my office this morning my colleague joked is your tree up yet I said no and laughed she said look behind you she had rooted out a tree we had from last year and put it up at my desk, il have to take a picture and show you all

LoughC I went a full day yesterday eating no crap, today I don't think I've eaten enough I'm near collapse, I feel so weak :pac:

Jellybear love all the photos,

Kevin the Carrot Ad is class even my other half agreed and was really happy while he watched it

Whats everyone upto the weekend anything Christmassy ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SarahLil wrote: »
    LoughC I went a full day yesterday eating no crap, today I don't think I've eaten enough I'm near collapse, I feel so weak :pac:

Whats everyone upto the weekend anything Christmassy ?

Im currently sitting here about to order a takeaway. But
    Come Monday right :pac:

I’m going to Homesense to check out their Christmas decorations. The wife was there during the week and she sent me loads of photos of their stuff and it looks fab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Ordered my xmas cards today :)

Well, just in from Wild Lights and it was brilliant. We got soaked but it was still a great night. Don't want to spoil anything for anyone going but any Boards Christmas Elves that are going will be very pleased! ;)

Here's a quick picture I took. Not the best quality.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh lovely. :)

Posy wrote: »
    Oh lovely. :)

It really was lovely :) Just looking through the pictures that my husband took. Here's my favourite part...you walk under this...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It really was lovely :) Just looking through the pictures that my husband took. Here's my favourite part...you walk under this...

Oh wow!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

We went last year for my boys 3rd birthday. He was enthralled and managed to stay awake for the whole thing. Seriously considering going again this year. Lovely pics!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Oh good lord , that's just beautiful !

Your pics are fab , and it looks like it was an amazing night !

Were there many small children at it ? Only asking as two of mine were thinking of bringing their little ones , 2-3 respectively .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Oh good lord , that's just beautiful !

Your pics are fab , and it looks like it was an amazing night !

Were there many small children at it ? Only asking as two of mine were thinking of bringing their little ones , 2-3 respectively .

Yeah plenty of smallies and loads for them to see!

Will I add a thread appropriate picture? ***spoiler alert for anyone who doesn't want to see it***...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Literally just gasped when I clicked on that pic! :D

Will I add a thread appropriate picture? ***spoiler alert for anyone who doesn't want to see it***...

Ah I'm showing them both your pics tomorrow , thank you !
    I might just tag along with one of them when they're going :)

• Advertisement

I don’t have any kids but I need to go now. Boards meet up anyone :pac:

Ah I'm showing them both your pics tomorrow , thank you !
    I might just tag along with one of them when they're going :)

Oh you definitely should go. Such a lovely atmosphere! They also have a little market and stalls with tea, coffee and hot chocolate :)

Also I seen this on Twitter I lol’d

happy xmas eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve

Loughc wrote: »
    I don’t have any kids but I need to go now. Boards meet up anyone :pac:

I don't either!!:D Just myself and the husband- perfect date night :)

I don't either!!:D Just myself and the husband- perfect date night :)

Sold! Now to rope the wife in :D

Oh you definitely should go. Such a lovely atmosphere! They also have a little market and stalls with tea, coffee and hot chocolate :)

It sounds , and looks ,.magical tbh !
    I'll have a chat with them tomorrow ,

I'm thinking here it would make a great adventurous night for the little ones , if I could convince the parents to ditch the cars and take the train up to see it :)

It sounds , and looks ,.magical tbh !
    I'll have a chat with them tomorrow ,

I'm thinking here it would make a great adventurous night for the little ones , if I could convince the parents to ditch the cars and take the train up to see it :)

Awh that sounds lovely!! We got through it in about an hour but that's because it was lashing so on a dry night you could definitely spend a couple of hours. Parking wasn't too bad but the train would be very handy.

I think Dublin Zoo should pay me commission :D

Posy wrote: »
    Literally just gasped when I clicked on that pic! :D

Me too!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭nlrkjos

working offshore this Christmas but bringing my wife up to Bergen for a weekend before that, great atmosphere in Bergen for Christmas and almost guaranteed snow covered landscape !!

https://www.visitbergen.com/imageresizer/?image=%2fdmsimgs%2fJulemarked-i-Bergen_1841641351.jpg&action=ProductDetailExtraLargeNew

• Advertisement

As a guy I love this!
    162796_184073984941386_2968765_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=922b539a16fbb2c9df222d14a2fd1142&oe=5BF280FD

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement