Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

nlrkjos wrote: »
    working offshore this Christmas but bringing my wife up to Bergen for a weekend before that, great atmosphere in Bergen for Christmas and almost guaranteed snow covered landscape !!
    Oh Bergen is lovely !
    Was there during the Summer a couple of years ago, and thought how lovely it must be around Christmas time. Enjoy !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Ah the boxes of crisps. That's the REAL sign that the Christmas season had started! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Heroditas wrote: »
    Ah the boxes of crisps. That's the REAL sign that the Christmas season had started! :D

But the big question is......King or Tayto? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    It sounds , and looks ,.magical tbh !
    I'll have a chat with them tomorrow ,

I'm thinking here it would make a great adventurous night for the little ones , if I could convince the parents to ditch the cars and take the train up to see it :)

When we went last year my boy was turning 3 (it was his birthday day out) and he adored it but as soon as it was over and he was put into the car he crashed out asleep - he has slept in the car maybe twice in his life so he was exhausted. The fact it was cold and dark meant we would have been lost without the car tbh.

Aw I really want to go now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

BDJW wrote: »

I'm leaning more towards King I love a crisp sandwich over the Christmas

• Advertisement

Morning elves, I'm awake since early I was in bed really early last night I was so tired it was a weird week with the bank holiday and Halloween I didn't know where I was this week with the days , I'm tackling the housework, having a coffee break now, I am in shock I've seen a postman of a Saturday, we never had a post man on a Saturday to me thats a sure sign Christmas is on the way, I've never been so excited to see a postman :D

Jellybear great date night idea, photos are fabulous, thanks for posting the photos,
    my other half little nieces (2 -4 years) went last year they loved it, good idea about the car Whispered then they can just fall asleep in the car
    I tried to book it for my mother inlaw last year to go with her sister and there were no dates left, so I would definitely get booking if you are thinking of going, from what I heard its not just for families with children its perfect for all ages,

For anyone that loves PJs Debenhams have 30% of some sets, not sure for how long and if it is men and women but certainly worth a look,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Whispered wrote: »
    When we went last year my boy was turning 3 (it was his birthday day out) and he adored it but as soon as it was over and he was put into the car he crashed out asleep - he has slept in the car maybe twice in his life so he was exhausted. The fact it was cold and dark meant we would have been lost without the car tbh.

Aw I really want to go now!

Ah I know it would be best to drive up and the little ones could sleep on the way back . Tbh , it was me thinking out loud of what I'd like :o

Ah I know it would be best to drive up and the little ones could sleep on the way back . Tbh , it was me thinking out loud of what I'd like :o

Mam of 4 either way they are memories to cherish forever xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

If I was going on my own the train would be perfect. Imagine on the way back sipping a Christmas coffee looking out the window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 rainbowmoose

Anyone know if Tesco has their Xmas decorations and stock out yet or is it still just foodie bits?

Thanks! 😊

still cleaning and decluttering I am on a roll here today, I've held off playing Christmas tunes so far... but having a lunch break now and there is Christmas cooking on Foodnetwork till 3.30 pm this afternoon

just came across this online its not too far from me https://www.facebook.com/HoleInTheWallDublin/posts/10156286191200950

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

Anyone know if Tesco has their Xmas decorations and stock out yet or is it still just foodie bits?

Thanks! 😊

I was in Tesco Clearwater and they had a good bit out. But my local Tesco not so not sure if it’s the larger stores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Hope you are all having a good Saturday, Elves !
    Was in town shopping and popped in a Claire's Accessories looking for a new pair of Christmas earrings, but they had no Christmas stock yet, was so disappointed.
    Another chain had some, but I didn't like what they had, so bought none.
    Got two nice pairs from previous years, think I will start wearing them on Fridays (or maybe Mondays, when some cheer is much needed).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Dunnes Stores has some really gorgeous decs this year..... they just get better and better every year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Dunnes Stores has some really gorgeous decs this year..... they just get better and better every year...

washiskin wrote: »

I was looking at some in there last night. They have a box of 50 baubles (5 different styles) in either silver, gold or red for 10 quid. It’s a nice set and i thought it was good value!

washiskin wrote: »

I was looking at some in there last night. They have a box of 50 baubles (5 different styles) in either silver, gold or red for 10 quid. It’s a nice set and i thought it was good value!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Have had the laziest day!! Just sitting around watching rubbish TV and did a bit of online shopping for Christmas :)

Ordered my sister a beauty advent calendar and a ferrero rocher advent calendar for my mam. Had been eyejng both up and they were on sale today!
    Bought a Green & Blacks organic chocolate set from Boots for someone who has been very good to me recently. It was 3 for 2 so got myself the same G&B set and some Laura Ashley hand cream :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Has anybody seen any nice Christmas bow ties? Thinking of getting one for my work Christmas party!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

dop5q1.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Has anybody seen any nice Christmas bow ties? Thinking of getting one for my work Christmas party!

Next/River Island had some last year. Haven’t been in either so far this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

King all the way!! Just opened the first box and I may have resealed it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kitten_k

The Hole in The Wall Pub

465308.jpeg

The Hole in the Wall looks fab, its quite near to me I was nearly tempted to pop over this evening to get my Christmas fix :D

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I've never been so excited for Christmas and I've always been a massive lover of it :D (my 3 years old understanding of it has helped!!) I was in The Orchard yesterday and their Christmas shop is awesome! Picked up a fab Santa lantern and showed it to my husband this morning. He asked me where I was putting it and I said on the mantlepiece. No, he says, between now and the tree and decs going up where are you putting it... I said the mantlepiece... for the sake of 2 or 3 weeks it ain't going anywhere else :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Christmas ads!!! I've seen the Aldi one, the Argos one and the Asda one. They get all the heart eyes for me :D especially the Aldi one although how they've gotten away with it, I don't know lol
    I've been playing Christmas songs on my commute all this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,775 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Thanks! 😊

My local Tesco is a small one and there fairly well stocked now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement