Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Are the ads on Irish tv yet or just on youtube?

Those pics of the crisp boxes really struck a nostalgic series of memories for me. Not that I eat them, just remember them from being a kid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,775 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Jude13 wrote: »
    Are the ads on Irish tv yet or just on youtube?

The Aldi ad is on TV!

I will have to sort out leaving on RTE at home to see if it comes on. I dont want to watch it online. I can then add that to my arsenal when explaining that we should be decorating now as the ads are on.

The tea ad on the radio doesnt seem christmasy to me and just annoys me. It reminds me of Gelnroe or something.

0_McDonalds.jpg

^^ What is that? a hot chocolate? I had family over last week so didn't think it fair to spent my evenings in the gym. this I put on 6kg in a week, I am afraid to weigh myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

Sky Christmas is on
    Showing the polar express at the moment

Netflix are pushing the old xmas movies now, "the holiday calendar" popped up on mine. i even started watching :pac:

Jude13 wrote: »
    ^^ What is that? a hot chocolate? I had family over last week so didn't think it fair to spent my evenings in the gym. this I put on 6kg in a week, I am afraid to weigh myself.

I think it's a milloinare chocolate shortbread latte!

kitten_k wrote: »
    The Hole in The Wall Pub

465308.jpeg
    Is that the Hole in the wall in Kilkenny??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Hole in the Wall Dublin

• Advertisement

SarahLil wrote: »
    Hole in the Wall Dublin

Ahh ok. We have one in KK too.

https://www.holeinthewall.ie/

Gorgeous little spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Have you guys seen this company? https://myletterfromsantaclaus.com/ie They do personalised xmas letters from Santa. My little one has had a tough year with asthma attacks and also hit some major milestones (walking) so I really wanted to document that for her. I save all her letters from santa in her scrap book so its a nice little memory for her to look back on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

There's a new Christmas shop open in Drogheda! They are still putting out the stock but myself and mini me snuck in yesterday and bought a lovely little Santy checking his list!

I bought the Christmas At Home magazine - bit disappointed in it tbh.

I've made a to do list for the Christmas prep. Looking forward to getting stuck into it :D

Any Marks and Spencer chocolate lovers or biscuit lovers, the biscuits are half price the ones in the gold tin and the chocolates are reduced from €18.00 to €9.00
    I'm sure the short bread biscuits were on special too I seen a lady with a trolley full

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭TK Lemon

I bought The Grinch pyjamas in Penneys earlier. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

bluewolf wrote: »
    Netflix are pushing the old xmas movies now, "the holiday calendar" popped up on mine. i even started watching :pac:

Netflix have their own Christmas movie The Christmas Chronicles with Kurt Russell as Santa coming out in 3 weeks.

looking forward to curling up and watching that Iguana

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

bluewolf wrote: »
    I'm going to watch that, as cheesy and sentimental as it looks, it's still festive!
    iguana wrote: »
    Netflix have their own Christmas movie The Christmas Chronicles with Kurt Russell as Santa coming out in 3 weeks.
    Can't wait for this!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

isn't this so cute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'm so guilty of that 'look how dark it is' thing. :D

I have a roast chicken in the oven and a beef and red wine stew simmering away waiting for its dumplings. Isn't this the best time of year for food?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SarahLil wrote: »
    isn't this so cute

That’s fab. Where did you see it?

I'm so guilty of that 'look how dark it is' thing. :D

I have a roast chicken in the oven and a beef and red wine stew simmering away waiting for its dumplings. Isn't this the best time of year for food?

I’m guilty of all of them :D

I love stew season. It really is the best time of the year for food.

45232432_2161601230539759_5014149639750811648_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=7701466695a7f5ef8fb3e16dffc0df1a&oe=5C43DFB9

45269027_2161600963873119_1842663647134875648_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=83affe6abe16d28b2f62ad54894987e6&oe=5C76CA8C

Loughc wrote: »
    That’s fab. Where did you see it?

I seen it on Facebook they are called Town and Country Interiors Athleague in Roscommon,

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Loughc wrote: »
    This is as equally funny as it is true!
    I've spent this whole week saying
    "I can't BELIEVE it's so dark."
    "SO DARK."
    "It's dark and it's ONLY 4.50!"
    "It's DARK, have you seen how DARK IT IS?!" :pac:

I hurt my back and haven't been able to do much the last few days so I've been binge watching Christmas hallmark movies on YouTube. The cheesier the better. I have noticed a theme with them though... Either the leading ladys parents died when she was a child (which somehow makes her more loveable) or the leading man's wife died (and he has no problems moving on!)

Anywho, today I was feeling a bit better so ventured out grocery shopping and since I was feeling very sorry for myself I bought these little bits..

bi2b7p.jpg

Yay! I LOVE home magazines especially with a Christmas section. I'm gonna put on a pair of the Christmas socks, melt that chocolate into some warm milk and have a little read on the couch, stove lit! :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Feel better soon BB :)

Gangsta Milo sends kisses

jellybear wrote: »
    Feel better soon BB :)

Gangsta Milo sends kisses

Aw thanks Jellybear and Milo. That made me laugh out loud! :D

• Advertisement

The John Lewis add is out Tommorow!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement