Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

jellybear wrote: »
    Feel better soon BB :)

Gangsta Milo sends kisses

Milo is adorable!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Loughc wrote: »
    Milo is adorable!! :)

Awh thanks! He features regularly in the animals forum :D

Here's a Christmas themed picture from last year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Awh jellybear Milo is a fab reindeer

jellybear wrote: »
    Awh thanks! He features regularly in the animals forum :D

Here's a Christmas themed picture from last year :)

You should turn that into Christmas cards!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I can't get over the length of Milo's legs... :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Our mutt will only tolerate a bow tie, although she has calmed down a bit this year so maybe some antlers will be put on.

I wish I was strong enough not to listen to Christmas musics until Christmas fm came on. We have three weekends free before the in laws arrive so I am thinking that the tree and decs may have to go up the 24th Nov as we will be busy the next two weekends.

Did some online Christmas shopping today. Bought the wee one a harry potter lego train set. Got the dog new toys. I am traveling next week so I can get my OH's pressies abroad as there is no VAT which saves a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Just heard an ad for Hampers, Sweets and Treats scratchcards. The only time of the year I'll actually buy a scratchcard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

My cousin has her Christmas Tree up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

CheerLouth wrote: »
    My cousin has her Christmas Tree up!

A house on my street does too! It’s absolutely gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

The winter vomiting bug has hit my house hard today! Cheered myself up by booking my little girl in with a photographer to do a Christmas photo shoot on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Started a new job a few weeks ago along with a few others and the office is kinda quiet so I bought my team a radio and discovered one if my colleagues loves Christmas just as much as I do :D the excitement!!! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ChewChew wrote: »
    discovered one if my colleaguesoves Christmas just as much as I do :D the excitement!!! :D

That is literally one of the best feelings ever. :)

Congrats on the new job :)

Oh Ciara get well soon to you all,

Elves does anyone else's other half do this...they see something they like and you say I will buy it for you and they say oh no no I don't want it, its too much money,

my other half is forever doing it, we might go to a golf/football and we go the merchandise shop and he is oooh...ahhh at all the golf bits or football bits and I say awh let me get that for you as a keepsake ah no no its too much money:rolleyes:

The same for Christmas presents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,775 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We're into the forthies!

Good Morning Elves!

Into the 40's already, absolute madness, it's flying in here at the moment it's great to see.

Baring in mind it's only the 6th of November but so far this month the number of posts posted have surpassed the total of posts posted in March, April, May, June, July, August. (Individually not combined)

That's some going!

I've noticed a few trees in the neighbourhood next to mine going up last night. I'm loving how early they're getting but I'm still not tempted to go until the Toy Show day, little traditions and all that. :)

SarahLil wrote: »
    my other half is forever doing it, we might go to a golf/football and we go the merchandise shop and he is oooh...ahhh at all the golf bits or football bits and I say awh let me get that for you as a keepsake ah no no its too much money:rolleyes:

The same for Christmas presents

No Mr CL does a more annoying thing:

Me: what do you want for Christmas/birthday/Father's Day?

Mr. CL: emmmm

Me: Don't say peace and quiet (:P)

Mr. CL: I don't want anything, I have everything I need

:eek: :( Every bloody year!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

CheerLouth wrote: »
    No Mr CL does a more annoying thing:

Me: what do you want for Christmas/birthday/Father's Day?

Mr. CL: emmmm

Me: Don't say peace and quiet (:P)

Mr. CL: I don't want anything, I have everything I need

:eek: :( Every bloody year!!!

That's nice though, that's kind of like me. I don't really want for anything, it's a nice way to be. You just need to shift his thinking away from needs to wants, even if they're silly.

Morning can’t believe we are into the 40’s it’s great to see here so busy

That's nice though, that's kind of like me. I don't really want for anything, it's a nice way to be. You just need to shift his thinking away from needs to wants, even if they're silly.

Well this year, I've bought him a jigsaw that we can do together in the Christmas evenings when the kids are in bed. And I always get him a photo decoration for the tree of him and the kids together. So I'll just get something small then. We've set a budget of 50quid for ourselves this year as we are saving for the big day out. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I've just added a Christmas countdown wallpaper to my phone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Is that on andriod or an iphone? I have an app to our due date, the wallpaper would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,775 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I forgot to say my local town put up there Christmas lights on Sunday and they had one of them turned on by accident on Sunday evening.

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    I've just added a Christmas countdown wallpaper to my phone :)

Whats this now... :)

That’s fab. Where did you see it?

LoughC the one I see online was Roscommon I seen this in the gift emporium in Charlestown Finglas today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Whats this now... :)

This was the first one I found, so far so good :
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aqreadd.lw.clockdown.lite.gle

Seen these out and about this morning

DavyD_83 wrote: »

Anyone got this or similar for an iPhone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

There's loads of them on the app store, just search "Christmas Countdown".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Cant believe its in the 40.s. I.m going to have to get one of those Countdowns.... thanks for mentioning them.

New things every year to enjoy the season.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Dundrum is all lit up, new decorations this year, it’s fab! Picked up some LED trees for my front front path - am thinking my husband will just about cope when I start decorating this day 2 weeks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement