Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Dundrum is all lit up, new decorations this year, it’s fab! Picked up some LED trees for my front front path - am thinking my husband will just about cope when I start decorating this day 2 weeks

I was actually surprised that the Blanchardstown SC didnt have theirs up on Sunday. I suspect they'll be up this weekend though.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

CheerLouth wrote: »
    No Mr CL does a more annoying thing:

Me: what do you want for Christmas/birthday/Father's Day?

Mr. CL: emmmm

Me: Don't say peace and quiet (:P)

Mr. CL: I don't want anything, I have everything I need

:eek: :( Every bloody year!!!

I always tell the wife that I don't need anything as well. So this year i surprised her when she asked by telling her I want a pool table. I always wanted one growing up but the council house we grew up in you couldn't swing a cat.
    Don't want a full pub one just one that folds up out of the way, my birthday is on the 20th of December so she's under double pressure ha ha.
    Forgot to mention I will 46 on my next birthday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

otnomart wrote: »
    Started a book that starts around Christmas 1917, The Toymakers. Perfect to curl up with a blanket and a berry tea !
    I am still reading this (don't have much time for reading these days, and most nights I am out early like a light) and it is so charming and magic, you Elves would like it I bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’m on holidays next week and I’ll be heading to Dublin to do my Christmas shopping :) it’s getting close now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Just doing lists at the moment, movies and tv shows to watch (on movies thread) and planning out what we have to do each weekend between now and the big day. We also need to book what we are doing Christmas day (hotel etc).

The main list is the amazon/present list as we are not home this year.

Aldi UK do hampers, does anyone know if the Irish stores do the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,777 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Jude13 wrote: »
    Just doing lists at the moment, movies and tv shows to watch (on movies thread) and planning out what we have to do each weekend between now and the big day. We also need to book what we are doing Christmas day (hotel etc).

The main list is the amazon/present list as we are not home this year.

Aldi UK do hampers, does anyone know if the Irish stores do the same?

I had to google Aldi UK Christmas hampers.
    I never remember seeing them in an Irish Store but they just seem like Aldi stock and could be mad up easy enough.

I just bought two hampers that delivery internationally, not aldi, one is a gluten free hamper with a pudding so there goes my idea of actually making one. I have never had Christmas pudding so this will be my first one.

Second hamper is for the house and my OH is going to kill me when it arrives so I will have to play the card that it's a present for her. In truth it is as I am not able to eat the majority of it, also its hand if guests pull in. No idea who these guests will be out here, three wise men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

The Holly Bough is on sale, a very Cork tradition, along with the spiced beef. :)
    http://hollybough.ie/

Got up at early before work for a run, got to work for 7am, have a BD thing with drinks which should be festive at 7pm and Im nodding off already. IVe already had too much coffee.

There is a lot of Black Forrest stuff out this year!
    45569151_2165211936845355_1877997565689987072_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=7ace4a62278af59c1774c6cd9188591b&oe=5C813867

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Any sign of Santa Strike Force anywhere yet....?.....I think the money donated goes to well deserving causes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Any sign of Santa Strike Force anywhere yet....?.....I think the money donated goes to well deserving causes...

I don't think they are doing this anymore

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105402774&postcount=2

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So funny you mentioned that. I only went looking into it yesterday. Yes as Kitten K said SSF is no longer in operation, it is literally becoming too much hassle for the guys to organised and give money away in a transparent official way.

There was talks of replacing it with something else. Interestingly enough the first year SSF was set up was to raise some badly needed funds for Temple Street Hospital, which so happens to be the Charity Partner for ChristmasFM.

So should there not be a replacement for SSF, I would suggest we do something that can assist ChristmasFM & Temple Street this year.

If anyone can think of a fun fundraising things we can do feel free to suggest anything :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

There's just been some lunchtime chat in the canteen about Christmas - think there could be a few closet elves in the office :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

A girl I work with, who I didn't think was that mad into the festive season, has her Christmas tree up already. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

offers in Dunnes Stores from today to Wednesday 14th 4 for 20.00 euro

Biscuits and King crisps are definitely on my list :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I also just googled it and found this list and they honestly all sound great and I've only read a couple of them.
    SarahLil wrote: »
    offers in Dunnes Stores from today to Wednesday 14th 4 for 20.00 euro

Biscuits and King crisps are definitely on my list :D

Ye lads are on fire today! :)

I've been looking for a list of Christmas books for ages!

And Sarah yes King Crisps and a tray of cans and some biscuits will be perfect!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Its the spirit of Christmas Lough C....ask and you shall receive .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

For all The Yankee Candle lovers out there check out Hickeys pharmacies buy one large jar get one free I seen it on their Facebook page

• Advertisement

I saw this guy in the range. I love him. I absolutely adore foxes. I can't get him though. I don't have any other outside decorations like that. He'd look silly by himself and he'd be lonely :(

2e393r4.png

I saw this guy in the range. I love him. I absolutely adore foxes. I can't get him though. I don't have any other outside decorations like that. He'd look silly by himself and he'd be lonely :(

I like him also. I think I saw him at The Range online.

I like him also. I think I saw him at The Range online.

He's fab isn't he? Yeah that pic is from the website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

He wont be lonely if you get two of them :D

The fox is from The Snowman so if you got the sniwdog, hare or snowman you'd be okay.

The fox is from The Snowman so if you got the sniwdog, hare or snowman you'd be okay.

Oooh I didn't even cop that! I'd love the snowdog too! That would be the perfect solution. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

I absolutely adore foxes.
    Eh eh, me too; plenty of them (live ones) near me as am very close to a park

otnomart wrote: »
    Eh eh, me too; plenty of them (live ones) near me as am very close to a park

There's a few around here as well but unfortunately it's a popular spot for the hunt. My stomach turns when I hear their stupid horn. I'd love to build the foxes a sanctuary to hide out here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭TK Lemon

Reindeer coffee cups in McDonalds. :D

• Advertisement

I had a hot choclate from starbucks, I know its muck but my opens were slim, and it had a kind of candy cane cup.

When do we start the 'White Christmas' thread on the weather fourm?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement