Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best opinion for a wifi smart camera

Options
  • 24-11-2017 5:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

Amazon Cloud Camera
    Logitech Circle Camera
    TP Link Kasa Camera
    Netgear Arlo Camera ( I have these not really suitable )

looking for cameras to watch some internal construction activity .

It would need Ethernet but ideally be more than capable of operating over wifi
    Ceiling mountable or desktop

Pan tilt zoom is a nice to have
    Max cost 175 euro

Thanks all
    TP Link is looking good

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Are the TP-Link Kasa cameras available in Europe yet? I've seen them in the US, but not here yet, certainly look very interesting.

Same with the Amazon Cloud Camera, seem to be US only for now.

Though non of the above use ethernet.

You could look at traditional type CCTV cameras with ethernet and POE, but I don't know so much about those.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,051 ✭✭✭Pique

This might help. Techradar
    The d-link is under budget too on AMAZON
    There's also the Netatmo WELCOME is a lot cheaper and might be more useful after your home improvements are done and dusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭niallb

http://wyzecam.com

This looks really interesting, and is well below budget. I was thinking of getting a few myself.
    They only ship to the US, but the price might even justify getting one of those An Post boxes to make it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Hi,

New to this forum and looking for some advice on the best setup.

I want to install a IP camera system, but with local storage streaming to a ftp server or something like this.

I want to access it over mobile broadband and the true cloud solutions require unlimited broadband for 24 hour recording.

Ideally if they could be stored on a hard disk and I could access the hard disk to review the recordings.

Thinking of the TP Link cameras but these are inside cameras, any one experience of saving locally on the network.

Any advice appriciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭niallb

Unifi video is a good system.

You can use an old pc or laptop as a network video recorder or NVR . I've set one up locally and it works fine.
    It's a dedicated system running on Linux, but I think you can install it on a windows machine too. I've also set up an nvr on a remote system to get recordings off site immediately which is a nice feature, but obviously uses bandwidth. Both systems have been running for months at a time without issues. Infrared on the current generation cameras is very good too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement