Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Message retrieval stopped despite deleting all emails in Webmail

Options
  • 24-11-2017 6:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

I was emailed a very large attachment which caused a retrieval block for my address. I could not delete the offending message in Eir's webmail, so I removed it in mail2web instead.

Now when I use Webmail, I get the same warning and the oversized email still shows up in my inbox, along with two other emails which are 0 MB in size.

All 3 emails are dated 1/1/1970 (?) and I'm told they no longer exist in Inbox when I try to open them.

Is it possible to remove these ghostly emails so I can start retrieving messages again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Dynomutt wrote: »
    I was emailed a very large attachment which caused a retrieval block for my address. I could not delete the offending message in Eir's webmail, so I removed it in mail2web instead.

Now when I use Webmail, I get the same warning and the oversized email still shows up in my inbox, along with two other emails which are 0 MB in size.

All 3 emails are dated 1/1/1970 (?) and I'm told they no longer exist in Inbox when I try to open them.

Is it possible to remove these ghostly emails so I can start retrieving messages again?
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. If yous end an email to wmsupport@eir.ie from an alternative email address our web support team will be able to help you out with this.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Dynomutt

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. If yous end an email to wmsupport@eir.ie from an alternative email address our web support team will be able to help you out with this.

- Adam
    Thanks Adam,

I emailed them a few days ago but have not heard back yet. I'll try again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi there,

- Adam
    Thanks Adam,

I emailed them a few days ago but have not heard back yet. I'll try again.
    No problem. They're not an instant response channel so you may not hear back straight away.

- Adam

Advertisement