If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

panasonic 58ex700b John lewis price match

Options
  • 24-11-2017 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Any chance of price match on this tv, john lewis selling for £599 with 5 year warranty ? 

Thanks
    jaspoer

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Jasper79 wrote: »
    Hi,

Any chance of price match on this tv, john lewis selling for £599 with 5 year warranty ? 

Thanks
    jaspoer
    Hi Jasper79.

I've been checking with John Lewis and they are totally out of stock on this TV so unfortunately I could not beat their price.

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

Hi Kenny,

This product was in stock for 3 hours after I logged the price match, as I would rather give richer sounds the business due the the positive responses on here.
    I have now missed out on this purchase , and it looks kind of shady, like you just wait for the product to go out of stock with competitor to avoid price match.
    Are the terms not that it needs to be in stock at the time of the price match, which my screenshots attached show?

Thanks
    Jasper

Screenshots show was in stock in both richer sounds and john lewis, 2 hours after i put in request. the TV has since been removed from richer sounds site ?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Kenny,

This product was in stock for 3 hours after I logged the price match, as I would rather give richer sounds the business due the the positive responses on here.
    I have now missed out on this purchase , and it looks kind of shady, like you just wait for the product to go out of stock with competitor to avoid price match.
    Are the terms not that it needs to be in stock at the time of the price match, which my screenshots attached show?

Thanks
    Jasper
    Hi Jasper.

It has been very very busy here today with Black Friday in full swing.

We even put a Sticky up to inform customers there would be delays with replies today.

There is nothing shady about it. You were not first in line for a replay and I have to start and the bottom and work up unfortunately as people had been waiting from last night for a reply.

I apologies you may have missed buying from John Lewis but this is not something we can be held responsible for.

It needs to be currently in stock with them as if its not you can not get it from them at the price mentioned.

Hi Kenny,
    Appreciate you guys are probably run off your feet today, but I don't see how I didn't fulfill the terms of the price match.
    I proved the product was in stock at a cheaper price at your competitors for a full 2 -3 hours after I put in the claim ?
    Surely this should be honoured or what part of the conditions weren't met  ? I chose to order with yourselves instead of John Lewis based on the price promise and the usually good service/feedback provided.
    Regards,
    Jasper

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Jasper,

many thanks for your posts and I understand your annoyance - but on Black Friday we just cannot guarantee a response time- all of my Colleagues are actively dealing with Customers in-store and on the phones.

JLP have taken that 58EX700 off their website and it was not available for delivery to Ireland. 

Again I do understand that you are annoyed but again we just cannot get to every email / call / Customer / FB message instantly on Black Friday.

Thanks again and of course do feel free to email me directly if you would like to complain formally,

Best regards,

John McDonald
    Director 
    Richer Sounds Ireland

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply however, I could have purchased this tv from John Lewis and Parcel motel so for me I could have purchased it through JL and would have if I'd have thought Richer sounds would not honor the price match.
    AS per my mails it was in stock in both richer sounds and JL up until lunchtime today, Richer sounds removed from website and JL went out of stock.
    Should I not expect Richer sounds to price match JL going forward then or what companies can I expect to price match against. I'm also in the market for LG B7 and don't want to miss out if another drop happens somewhere.
    Thanks
    Jasper

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭viper5

And yet their were posts replied that were further back in the Q on both this posters and my post queries on this price match. We were skipped over on purpose. 

As highlighted there are many courier agents like DPD parcel wizard that will take delivery in UK and shipped in back to ireland so the convenient timing of replying with OOS or no delivery to ireland is making excuses.

Given the massive banners on site highlighting lowest prices guaranteed when they are not is false advertising. You have cost both me and this poster a great deal on John lewis hoping that RS would live up to their price promise and i so disappointed. Not good enough from RS at all 

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply however, I could have purchased this tv from John Lewis and Parcel motel so for me I could have purchased it through JL and would have if I'd have thought Richer sounds would not honor the price match.
    AS per my mails it was in stock in both richer sounds and JL up until lunchtime today, Richer sounds removed from website and JL went out of stock.
    Should I not expect Richer sounds to price match JL going forward then or what companies can I expect to price match against. I'm also in the market for LG B7 and don't want to miss out if another drop happens somewhere.
    Thanks
    Jasper
    Jasper,

Again, we don't guarantee any response times - not being harsh, but its Black Friday and offers are limited and promotional stocks run out.

If you see an amazing deal - go for it! But unfortunately we don't have any liability for missed opportunity - Have you complained to JPL as it was their offer originally?

Apologies,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

viper5 wrote: »
    And yet their were posts replied that were further back in the Q on both this posters and my post queries on this price match. We were skipped over on purpose. 

As highlighted there are many courier agents like DPD parcel wizard that will take delivery in UK and shipped in back to ireland so the convenient timing of replying with OOS or no delivery to ireland is making excuses.

Given the massive banners on site highlighting lowest prices guaranteed when they are not is false advertising. You have cost both me and this poster a great deal on John lewis hoping that RS would live up to their price promise and i so disappointed. Not good enough from RS at all 
    Viper,

we have been on Boards for over 10 years and rarely been accused of false advertising.

We don't ship to PM or Parcel wizard and that is in our T's and C's

We did not skip your posts on purpose - we have several Colleagues posting as and when we can get an opportunity.

Again - if you see a great deal, and you don't go for it, its not really our fault - we don't guarantee a response time and on Black Friday / Cyber Monday promotional deals can be limited.

We really do our best for Boardies as I'm sure you know but in this instance I'd suggest you take it up with JLP,

Best regards,

John McDonald    

• Advertisement

Hi John,
    I didn't realise there was a time limit on the price match is all, does the transaction normally have to complete before it goes out of stock in the competitors shop .
    Again, richer sounds promote the price match, can you explain to me what the terms are that I obviously didn't meet ? 
    No stock ran out, it was removed from the site, 2 hours after I put in the price match request. I understand you guys are busy, but again Richer sounds are advertising the price match, and I thought I had availed of it?
    Why would I complain to JL they advertised something I didn't avail of, as I was trying to avail of richer sounds offer instead.  
    I thought I had fulfilled the terms by supplying proof of the lower priced item being in stock in a competitors store, but must have missed something.
    Regards,
    Jasper

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭viper5

viper5 wrote: »

Viper,

we have been on Boards for over 10 years and rarely been accused of false advertising.

We don't ship to PM or Parcel wizard and that is in our T's and C's

We did not skip your posts on purpose - we have several Colleagues posting as and when we can get an opportunity.

Again - if you see a great deal, and you don't go for it, its not really our fault - we don't guarantee a response time and on Black Friday / Cyber Monday promotional deals can be limited.

We really do our best for Boardies as I'm sure you know but in this instance I'd suggest you take it up with JLP,

Best regards,

John McDonald    
    John i "suggest" you respond to customer price match requests as fast as you do to all these comments. 

Id say something if just me complaining about this but there is the other poster on this thread as well as another post on another thread left incredibly frustrated by your customer service in relation to waiting to hear back on price match queries. 

Id kindly ask if you are not going to make an effort to rectify the situation , please just stop replying deflecting blame to everyone else. Il certainly never be buying from RS again after today. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.