Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

simply mans diet

• 24-11-2017 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

looking for a healthy diet trying to lose a few pounds.cause I broke my leg and after gaining nearly 15kgs in a couple of months.main problem is biscuits with my tea. lol
    start my day usually with corn flakes or all bran
    dinner anything from steak pork chops chicken etc with spuds and veg
    supper usually salad/ham or rashers and sauages grilled.
    before I go to bed maybe a few slices of toast.
    looking for a diet plan. was thinking of using the meal replacer shakes with my diet.
    any tip on what to eat instead.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Biscuits with your tea is probably not the problem unless you're eating an entire packet every day.

Forget meal replacer shakes. Forget "diet plans", it's all fads.

It's about keeping an eye on what you eat and how much you eat. Telling us what a typical day looks like isn't that much use, because you're not going to include all of the little snacks you have, "spuds and veg" may be two small boiled potatoes, or five huge roasters, and so on. "A few slices of toast before bed" may be two small slices or half the pan of bread smothered in jam (I've been there man).

Read through the Nutrition 101 thread to get you started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭bladespin

Get MFP
    Track your intake as accurately as you can.
    Look up your maintenance cals.
    Drop intake to 20-25% below this.
    Loose weight.
    (A bit of exercise will help).

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tringle

Cut out this biscuits and sausages, reduce animal fats. Is the leg recovered, try to get some exercise. Simple changes are usually the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,676 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Supper might be an issue.

Looks like its a couple of hundred calories you eat probably out of habit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

tringle wrote: »
    Cut out this biscuits and sausages, reduce animal fats. Is the leg recovered, try to get some exercise. Simple changes are usually the best.

Animal fats are no more fattening than vegetable fats

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Probably eating from boredom more than hunger if you're laid up.

Just don't buy snacks. Plan what you're going to eat and buy only that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭Cocksy

just take less sugar and coffee, find on youtube some home exercises and do it 20-30min a day

Advertisement