Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late Show 24th Nov

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Could sue RTE for sexual harassment...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I gotta say, that was a whole lot of nonsense just for that outcome. It was hardly a WOW moment.

Keith Barry looks like Mondo from Fair City.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

nagdefy wrote: »
    Am i alone or does anyone find the Toy Show the greatest load of hyped up boll*x? A kind of sacred cow. I don't watch it.

Not saying i don't like children, i have 4 little nephews and nieces who i adore and have fun playing with.. but the Toy Show children are forward, pushy, insufferable kids who obviously have been told how great they are too many times!

Rant over, i suspect i'm on my own:D

With you on the way some kids are painful as fook, but in general I've enjoyed the last few years. Also if I may be pedantic, you not watching it doesn't make you particularly well place to confirm whether or not it's hyped up boll*X. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

The longest & dullest card trick everrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

The volunteer was more entertaining than Keith Barry! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Those years would be prime for the Hollywood experience in the media now, wonder will he ask her did she come across it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Would the Queen of England not be a bit more famous than Jackie Kennedy, what with recently owning a large part of the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

From Vegas to the late late. Some come down for Keith. Anyway the fella that was miked had a few jars in him.

M

If you never had a toilet growing up would you miss having a dump out the back garden in your later years?

• Advertisement

lufties wrote: »
    As a bloke, I'm offended.
    #metoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

darlett wrote: »
    With you on the way some kids are painful as fook, but in general I've enjoyed the last few years. Also if I may be pedantic, you not watching it doesn't make you particularly well place to confirm whether or not it's hyped up boll*X. ;)

I watched for too many years and saw a few clips on the net. I sampled the dish and it was enough:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

RobertKK wrote: »
    Could sue RTE for sexual harassment...

Might end up with this fella on the LLS to talk about sexual harassment.

Ivana Trump on 'The Ray D'Arcy Show' tomorrow night.

Ryan must be gutted!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 The Secret Star

Yawn

M

What wages was she on?

• Advertisement

Tubs is on the edge of his seat.
    The rest of Ireland is struggling to stay awake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

boring

M

If Ebay was around she would have made a fortune flogging the olden Kennedy stuff.

Will she mention Marilyn Monroe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Ah this is lovely stuff.

• Advertisement
    M

Is this woman autistic (serious question)? Does this woman have the same thing as the character Dustin Hoffman played in Rainman?

Jackie Kennedy's dietary requirements.
    This is what passes for Friday night entertainment now?

I'd like to make this one a cup of tea. And potter about getting it ready and a plate full of biscuits, whilst not really listening to her blathering on.

So Jackie Kennedy made piss poor tea

This is definitely the last time I cancel a house party on a Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

This is painful to watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

nagdefy wrote: »
    Am i alone or does anyone find the Toy Show the greatest load of hyped up boll*x? A kind of sacred cow. I don't watch it.

Not saying i don't like children, i have 4 little nephews and nieces who i adore and have fun playing with.. but the Toy Show children are forward, pushy, insufferable kids who obviously have been told how great they are too many times!

Rant over, i suspect i'm on my own:D
    Definitely not alone nadge it’s the one LLS I make a point of missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Green&Red wrote: »
    Daniel, Mario Rosenstock, Keith Barry and some youth care workers tonite

Is it just me or has this line up been on at least 6 times in the past year.

Same recycled guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Tubs in a state of flow.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Alot of coming :)

M

They would be tweeting the photos all over the shop with their fancy Polariod cameras.

Is this woman autistic (serious question)? Does this woman have the same thing as the character Dustin Hoffman played in Rainman?

Possibly indeed, but either way she has her story to tell, and a nice positive one for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    So Jackie Kennedy made piss poor tea

Or Kathy made piss poor tea, so Jackie had to make it herself.

M

Whoy did Tubs not just bring this woman out today for a chat with him in Shanahans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Ok the delivery of the story isn't great ......... but it must've been a fab experience for her

M

1966 wrote: »
    Ok the delivery of the story isn't great ......... but it must've been a fab experience for her

It's mad how tough these people had it going to the US back in those days, no mobiles to ask for help, no plan b for cash, you were on your own, one way.

Does she still live in America because she doesn't seem to have lost her accent.

M

monkey9 wrote: »
    Does she still live in America because she doesn't seem to have lost her accent.

Some people could be in a place 20 years and not have any change in their accent, others would be in a place 6 months and would have picked up the local twang :D

• Advertisement
    M

Why don't the UK do a toy show, have Graham Norton present it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Was waiting for a book to make an appearance

She's going be signing copies in Easons?? No offence to her, she seems like a really lovely lady, but would you actually bother to go and the book signed??

Weird segue from american "Royalty"to Russian but the nanny to the children of Nicholas II Tsar of Russia was from Limerick. There are claims that the children spoke English with an Irish accent.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/abroad/the-limerick-nurse-who-was-nanny-to-children-of-the-last-tsar-1.3001191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Gibson,Ferrell,Wahlberg and Lithgow on Graham Norton,so nothing exciting there either.

Ah fair play, they're only children themselves.

• Advertisement

1966 wrote: »

It's mad how tough these people had it going to the US back in those days, no mobiles to ask for help, no plan b for cash, you were on your own, one way.
    Dad's after relaying a story right there now about his father, whose sister left Ireland to America in 1926 and came back to visit in 1933(for the last time) to visit him on the farm in the west of Meath. He cycled with her to Galway for her to catch the ship back to America, before he himself cycled back to Meath. Makes me very sad to picture granddad cycling home alone, I wonder if he knew it was the last time, I guess I hope he didn't, they both passed away in the eighties, so near 50 years apart after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Oops!

Some people could be in a place 20 years and not have any change in their accent, others would be in a place 6 months and would have picked up the local twang :D

There's a fella living beside me that gave 28 years in London then came home when he retired recently.... You'd swear he never sat foot outside Tipperary!

Gang of us went to Killarney a good few years ago on the beer.... By Monday evening one of the lads had a Kerry twang to his Tipp accent!

M

Hopefully Tubs has some decent prize for them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Tubridy's simpering obsession with anything - even remotely - connected to the Kennedy's is embarrassing.

M

Dementia is such a terrible illness.

• Advertisement
Advertisement